SD & Cardio

C

chevelleman

Awards
I am about to start a 3 week SD cycle next week with 10mg the first and 20mg the last two. I was wondering how much cardio(if any) you do during your cycle? I know if produces great gains but I didnt know if doing cardion during the cycle would greatly effect the gains.

D

DR X

Awards
What are your goals? I assume you will be cutting. SD can be used as a cutter and you can still have gains.

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
How is SD on aerobic output...also in terms of pumps during aerobics. Tren and M1t can make cardio, especially HIIT a complete bitch, and I ALWAYs do my sprints.

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
How is SD on aerobic output...also in terms of pumps during aerobics. Tren and M1t can make cardio, especially HIIT a complete bitch, and I ALWAYs do my sprints.
Scotty, I've been on SD for 2 weeks now @ 20mg/day. I've noticed some cramping and pumps in my calves, but nothing nearly as bad as 10mg of M1T. I've always been using 5g of taurine this time around, as opposed to potassium. Take it for what it's worth.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Scotty, I've been on SD for 2 weeks now @ 20mg/day. I've noticed some cramping and pumps in my calves, but nothing nearly as bad as 10mg of M1T. I've always been using 5g of taurine this time around, as opposed to potassium. Take it for what it's worth.
how's that working out for ya anywayz? cutting with SD i mean.

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
how's that working out for ya anywayz? cutting with SD i mean.
Well everything has been great until yesterday. I started noticing some puffy nipples, and it's concerning me a little. I started dosing nolva tonight actually. I'm also on 375mg of 1-test and have been for 6 weeks. Besides that though strength has skyrocketed, muscles are hard, and I've actually gained 5 pounds while doing 6-10 cardio sessions a week.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Well everything has been great until yesterday. I started noticing some puffy nipples, and it's concerning me a little. I started dosing nolva tonight actually. I'm also on 375mg of 1-test and have been for 6 weeks. Besides that though strength has skyrocketed, muscles are hard, and I've actually gained 5 pounds while doing 6-10 cardio sessions a week.
sounds pretty good minus the puffy nips.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I've read several threads where you shouldn't do cardio on SD. So...I'm not going to.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I've read several threads where you shouldn't do cardio on SD. So...I'm not going to.
The only reason I can think that it might be a bad idea is the stress on your heart. But then again putting 100% effort into a max lift would be pretty harsh on it as well. Your blood pressure usually is lowered after aerobic activity or at least mine was in the military.

Anyone else know why this might be?

G

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
the only reason i had to minimize cardio when on sd while cutting was the back cramps...even tourine didn't get rid of them completely...no pain no gain though!!!

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for the feedback. Ya, M1T can be bad, and if its not as bad as that, that is something good to know. I thought I was going to have my legs fall off while trying to go from clean cardio (speed cleans) to sprints while supplemented. THat is WITH taurine and potassium....although they did help.
Though the combo of supplemental things I was on definetly was not ideal for HIIT cardio purposes.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
That's bullshit. When I origionally tested SD, I was doing close to 12 1hr cardio sessions a week.Low intensity of course. My endurance was phenominal and BP was unaffected. The Key with Taurine is to start loading up on it as soon or before you start SD. 5 to 10 gms a day will do.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
That's bullshit. When I origionally tested SD, I was doing close to 12 1hr cardio sessions a week.Low intensity of course. My endurance was phenominal and BP was unaffected. The Key with Taurine is to start loading up on it as soon or before you start SD. 5 to 10 gms a day will do.
After week 2, I couldnt do low-intensity cardio. I had to reduce the dose to 10mg to be able to walk "without too much pain".
BTW I took taurine (5g ED, 2x on workout days) from before starting SD.
I think this is a very subjective matter, like most side effects are.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
After week 2, I couldnt do low-intensity cardio. I had to reduce the dose to 10mg to be able to walk "without too much pain".
BTW I took taurine (5g ED, 2x on workout days) from before starting SD.
I think this is a very subjective matter, like most side effects are.
True, I diddn't mean to imply that i had no cramping whatsoever. I did towards the end of the test. However, on my seccond SD cycle, I used taurine and the cramping was greatly reduced making it more manageable.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
would SD be good for a 400-800 runner?...at around 5mg-(maybe 10mg) a day?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's a load of BS. Never neglect cardio training!! Just because you're bulking dosent mean you can work in 10-20 minutes of cardio a few times a week.

Q

Qwerty

Board Supporter
Awards
I bought some taurine in preperation for the SD cramps for my cycle. I decided to wait until I started getting cramps before taking it though. At 20mg of SD every day, I never even noticed any cramping. My lower back would cramp up more than normal on back days, but that was about it. And it wasn't that bad at all. Never needed to take the taurine. From all the talk, I was expecting the cramps to completely debilitate me, lol.

K

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
On top of everything else, cardio is good for your lipid profile. On an SD cycle, this is an especially good thing.

-kwantam

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Dude, Listen to these guys. This is one of the more informed forums on the internet so they know what they are talking about. I think you are just trying to get out of doing cardio.

:D I don't remember where I read that now so I will officially be doing cardio on or around my SD run. :thumbsup:

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The only reason I can think that it might be a bad idea is the stress on your heart. But then again putting 100% effort into a max lift would be pretty harsh on it as well. Your blood pressure usually is lowered after aerobic activity or at least mine was in the military.

Anyone else know why this might be?
I know this if off topic, but do you really play corner for FSU?