SAMe

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
There are a few studies (which I will upload when I get to my computer) that suggests SAMe (S-Adenosyl methionine) is a far better liver protector than ALA and Milk Thistle. Does anyone use this during oral kickstarters/cycles? If so what are your thoughts?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
examine.com/supplements/S-Adenosyl+Methionine
Very interesting. Thank you. I had no doubt it would not hot hold up against Tudca. Tudca is still the best.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea i haven't heard of that supp as much as I have tudca. Might be a good addition to add along with tudca.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Yea i haven't heard of that supp as much as I have tudca. Might be a good addition to add along with tudca.

That's what I mean. More like SAMe vs Milk Thistle vs NAC (I firmly believe milk thistle does nothing).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sam-e is great for mood, but the reported benefits for liver protection don't seem to be well researched. It's good for joints though.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
It's not really for the liver although it does have profound liver effects, however its effects on mood and nervous system synapses is truly impeccable.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jakz thanks for the info, I think it would be a good addition since it's cheaper than tudca.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
jakz thanks for the info, I think it would be a good addition since it's cheaper than tudca.
No problem. The reason I am curious is because I am studying again,so using it anyway, just wondering if there are added benefits. I am also doing a little Dbol experiment (with proper support) again just wondering about added benefits.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are a few studies (which I will upload when I get to my computer) that suggests SAMe (S-Adenosyl methionine) is a far better liver protector than ALA and Milk Thistle. Does anyone use this during oral kickstarters/cycles? If so what are your thoughts?
SAMe vs milk thistle and ALA... SAMe wins every time. Dr. D posted some great info on SAMe on this site, however i don't know what's become of it. Remember with SAMe you want to dose away from c17 orals.

There seem to be a couple decent sources of TUDCA floating around now, so i typically go with that. I stopped buying TUDCA after the planet ran out and Omega had some quality issues. Now that CEL is making TUDCA i'm backing buying it. Only buy TUDCA from trusted sources. My on-cycle support now consists of TUDCA and Cycle Assist both from CEL. Comprehensive protection right there.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SAMe vs milk thistle and ALA... SAMe wins every time. Dr. D posted some great info on SAMe on this site, however i don't know what's become of it. Remember with SAMe you want to dose away from c17 orals.

There seem to be a couple decent sources of TUDCA floating around now, so i typically go with that. I stopped buying TUDCA after the planet ran out and Omega had some quality issues. Now that CEL is making TUDCA i'm backing buying it. Only buy TUDCA from trusted sources. My on-cycle support now consists of TUDCA and Cycle Assist both from CEL. Comprehensive protection right there.
What is example of c17 orals ?
tried to search it n couldn't find it.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established

So SAMe is best for orals accordibg to him?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
exept for tudca ofcourse.

Hardedge

Awards
What is example of c17 orals ?
tried to search it n couldn't find it.

Oral AAS in which the 17th carbon has a methyl group attached to it.

I think SAMe and high dose ALA have merit in protecting the liver.
There's an article i read recently on caffeine helping the liver as well.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Oral AAS in which the 17th carbon has a methyl group attached to it.

I think SAMe and high dose ALA have merit in protecting the liver.
There's an article i read recently on caffeine helping the liver as well.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So SAMe is best for orals accordibg to him?
TUDCA is the best, SAMe is a viable alternative if you can't find a good source for TUDCA (which happens often). I'd use SAMe and ALA and NAC if CEL wasn't making TUDCA right now, but they are, so i use them.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This right here! CEL TUDCA and CYCLE ASSIST are a must for protection while on cycle.