Jooicy half-natty lifting bruh

adam4231

Awards
For members who have taken anabolics, I'm quite interested to know before you took anabolics. What was your most effective workout routine as a natural lifter?

I see so much in magazines these miracle workouts and supplements but for someone who knows the potential limits of their own body, I'm interested to see what works.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always liked to train with a variable split system. I like the frequency of training the smaller muscle groups more often than the larger ones. The sets and reps will also vary. Very good system which I make continual gains. I actually used Shawn Philips ' powerbuilding program throughout the 90's and still use the basis of that system today.
Don't get me wrong, Programs like Heavy Duty and GVT worked too but I became fatigued rather fast with these systems.

carbs

Awards
I've always had good results with PHAT based training. 2 power days then 3 hypertrophy days.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

adam4231

Awards
Sorry for the late reply, yeah I've been doing a variation of layne nortons style this past year. Upper power, lower power (squat+dead+legs) then hyper push, pull, legs.

Seen some good changes in my body from the 5day bro split but unsure how to take the next step naturally. I compete in natural physique comps as a hobbie and just trying to suss out the best way to do it.

The way I see it is, 'you can't polish a turd' so if I can't win a Comp naturally then what's the point trying to go 'pro' with **** genetics aha

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lol exactly what is the definition of half-natty

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
For members who have taken anabolics, I'm quite interested to know before you took anabolics. What was your most effective workout routine as a natural lifter?

I see so much in magazines these miracle workouts and supplements but for someone who knows the potential limits of their own body, I'm interested to see what works.
Once you hit a certain level, constant change in rep range and movement type will be your best bet. Just a steady shock to the body.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oliver Kween Anabolics 2
ugsavage Anabolics 7
bonbon Pics 5
Supplements 14
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1