Question about prices?

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For those of you "in the know"... Why am I seeing 20mL of a product for $50, and also seeing 10 mL for $40? Do the prices really vary that much ? Should I think that is fishy, or just getting a good deal from one, or a bad deal from the other? Anyone who knows what they're talking about who can help, thanks in advance...

No idea what you mean now, huh? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes they vary, dummy.
$30 variance is somewhat high though, imho. I mean that's $1.50 per mL we're talking about here... Just kinda raised an eyebrow, hell maybe I'm paranoid already lol

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
$30 variance is somewhat high though, imho. I mean that's $1.50 per mL we're talking about here... Just kinda raised an eyebrow, hell maybe I'm paranoid already lol
of course it varies bro. different sources = different prices.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Shouldn't this thread be deleted or something? Didn't think this sort of stuff was allowed.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1.Source posting is not allowed - Do not contact the moderators looking for sources. You will not be given any information from our staff.

Source posting is the practice of referring to a source or supplier by name or contact address in any way. This is to protect our few good and reliable sources from getting busted. In addition:

1. Scammers. A scammer is someone who essentially rips you off and splits with your money. Before posting the name of, or outing a scammer, mail a mod with the proof and wait for approval. Just like anyone, sources get busy, backordered, etc..

2. Discussing sources: Do not openly discuss a source?s way of conducting business or shipping.

3.Sources advertising. If you are a source you cannot openly advertise on these boards. If you ignore this rule your IP address will be banned without warning.

2. Do not openly ask for sources

This is for the protection of both members and sources, but mostly the members, if you openly post asking for a source you put yourself at risk for every scammer lurking these boards to email you. You stand to lose a lot of money this way, even your freedom if you are set up by a federal officer. Once again, do not contact the moderators for sources. We will not participate.

I didn't ask for a source, reveal a source, advertise a source, or discuss a source's means of conducting business. Just seeking another opinion about prices since I found a particular situation somewhat odd...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
prices walk a very fine line .. probably not the best idea .. prices vary a lot for many many different reasons .. remember we aren't talking about walmart and target here .. these things are illegal .. that's your answer right there .. be safe

and i suggest deleting this thread

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh... Fair enough... Well at least now that's clear... =)

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i have heard of people buying 10ml of test e for as much as 150 at bottle.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i have heard of people buying 10ml of test e for as much as 150 at bottle.
:eek: I don't get this. Would a batch of that be any more effective than what I could homebrew myself, if the homebrew is done to perfection?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I dont know really. But I have heard of 10ml of test e as cheap as 30 and as much as 150. It also depends on how direct the source is from the manufacture (ie if alot of middle men your gonna pay more.) I knew a kid who used to sell anadrol for 10$ a pill!!!!!! and people bought it.

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Assuming the seller isn't trying to be a nice guy (e.g., selling to his gym buddies), if the market will bear it, the seller will increase the price.

If you live in the middle of f'in nowhere and there's only one dude for hundreds of miles who can get dbol, how much do you think he's gonna charge? How many guys are going to pay it?

People who are willing to order internationally over the internet help keep such price bubbles from forming and/or getting too big, but lots of bros aren't that sophisticated yet.

-kwantam

P.S. Before anyone points this out, I'm going to go ahead and claim my title:

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
master of the obvious hahahahahha :icon_lol:

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know all of that, Master. ;) I just thought online sources would try to be at least a little bit competetive... *shrug*

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
well one guy might have a trusted powder source that he knows is 100% legit so he wont go anywhere else to source his raws. so he makes his gear based on those prices...now some other source may find a "better deal" on powders that may or may not be of a lower quality and use them to produce cheaper gear...the first guy may see he is being undersold but he knows his customers like his gear and he's happy with it. so why should he change his prices.....remember the old adage: you get what you pay for.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Given the prices of the stuff nowdays... I wouldn't bother spending my time to home brew.

It just isn't worth my time to be honest.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know all of that, Master. ;) I just thought online sources would try to be at least a little bit competetive... *shrug*
it comes down to the elasticity of the market. an illegal product such as steroids are relatively inelastic, meaning that the buyer can increase prices and the market will bear those prices in the short run. kind of like gasoline, you need it, and can't do **** about it if the prices increase, so you buy it anyway.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it comes down to the elasticity of the market. an illegal product such as steroids are relatively inelastic, meaning that the buyer can increase prices and the market will bear those prices in the short run. kind of like gasoline, you need it, and can't do **** about it if the prices increase, so you buy it anyway.
True that... I wasn't trying to bitch about prices, etc. the price diff just kinda threw a red flag up like "maybe on of these cats might be scamming" even though the refs sounded good.

Also houseman - Is there not more of a risk in shipping vials than in shipping powder in the mail? I know if the packaging is good you're good to go, but for some reason getting vials just makes me a little more nervous than just getting powder... Anyone else feel the same?

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
vials are more susceptible to detection i would think. they can break and lead fluid, or they can clink around and make suspicious noises. powders though don't really do much other than sit there

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Vials make noise if the sender doesn't know how to pack.. ;)

I'll do a slight edit, but be carefull about certain topics, please.. :thumbsup:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I've never had poorly shipped vials, thank god. Though I have had sub par pre-made product. I think the nice thing about homebrewing is that it's super cheap and you make exactly what you want, if you want a mix of test, tren and eq at 100/75/75 or whatever, you can make that...