Reconstituting BPC-157

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ok men, total noob with needles/rubber-stopped vials - need some instructions.

Going to try oral BPC-157 for a tendon problem. It comes in a tiny glass vial with a metal cap/rubber stopper. It's 5mg and is "congealed" all at the bottom - looks solid, won't move... I have 2 of those (10mg total). I have 10ml of 0.9% Bezyl Sterilized Water and 1ml, 29G Insulin syringe/needles. My RC supplier also sent a second empty 10ml rubber-stopped glass vial which I assume is to put both re-constituted BPC vials into.

Is it as simple as drawing the water into the needle and squirting it into the BPC vial, leaving just enough room to shake/mix? Since this will be oral, can I then just put it into a glass dropper bottle? IIRC every 0.1ml on a 1ml syringe is 500mcg of BPC - which is close to the study amount of 400mcg.

Thanks.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
As far as reconstituting goes, yeah just draw 1mL of the BA water and inject it through the rubber stopper of the BPC vial. I usually pull 1mL of air out of the vial after I push the water in, in order to reduce pressure inside the vial. Since you're putting 1mL into 5mg, yes every 0.1mL would be 500mcg of BPC-157.
I've never reconstituted anything that was then administered orally so I can't help you in that regard.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to release the vacuum in the vial prior to injecting your BA water into it as it should be vacuum sealed with anywhere from 1-2ml of air.

Also, never inject the BA directly into the powder wafer of you will damage the peptide. You need to have it trickle down the side. Watch the syringe plunger, don't allow the vial to just suck the BA in.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ok, mission accomplished, thanks for the tips - they all worked great. I was able to fit both 5mg vials into one (2ml Total) with room to spare, so it must come in a 5ml vial. I'm just dosing using the Slin syringe - didn't feel like messing with putting it into something I could get an oral syringe into. Now, hopefully this and placebo can get me back on the flat bench with some weight again after 12 more days! :D

On a side note, despite my initial impression of oral, high dose B5 (rabbit tendon study) helping - that may be all it does - help * a bit* if anything. Same with Cissus - not really impressed with either of them as far as tendons go. If this stuff is as good as the data shows, it may be the only viable solution other than complete rest and physical therapy. We'll see...

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Log it maybe? Might be good info to have
I can log it all right now: Days 1-14 shoot 500mcg down my throat in the AM, chase with some water. Stick to the 12-15 rep range with anything that aggravates the tendon. See what happens in 12 more days :D

J/K I'll post any details that I think are interesting.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you're planning on taking this orally? why?

I know it is theorized that oral dosing can work, but it'll be nowhere near what a site injection could offer. this stuff isn't cheap, so I definitely wouldn't go the oral route if i were to use it...but that's just me being a cheap bastard I guess.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
you're planning on taking this orally? why?

I know it is theorized that oral dosing can work, but it'll be nowhere near what a site injection could offer. this stuff isn't cheap, so I definitely wouldn't go the oral route if i were to use it...but that's just me being a cheap bastard I guess.
You only need 14 days total, so $30 doesn't seem too expensive to me, considering I haven't been able to max bench since December. And although the people data isn't as numerous, there is high expectation that it works fine orally, being a gastric peptide, and being dosed that way in the rodent model... see:

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/03/bpc-157-orally-available-peptide-that.html

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You only need 14 days total, so $30 doesn't seem too expensive to me, considering I haven't been able to max bench since December. And although the people data isn't as numerous, there is high expectation that it works fine orally, being a gastric peptide, see:

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/03/bpc-157-orally-available-peptide-that.html
yea i saw that article.

I looked into this compound for a while because I had a pretty serious pectoral strain that was close to becoming a tear(according to my doctor). The end user reviews I've seen have people injecting it for 30-60 days, with most of the pain relief beginning near the end of month 1. Dosing ranges were all over the board though.

curious to see if you note any benefits on a 14 day oral go of it

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
yea i saw that article.

I looked into this compound for a while because I had a pretty serious pectoral strain that was close to becoming a tear(according to my doctor). The end user reviews I've seen have people injecting it for 30-60 days, with most of the pain relief beginning near the end of month 1. Dosing ranges were all over the board though.

curious to see if you note any benefits on a 14 day oral go of it
Yeah, I definitely have no-sh&t medial epicondylitus, so I can give a no-sh&t review on if it goes away in two weeks. And the cool thing about pain, is that you definitely know if it went away or not, LOL!

DORIAN38

Awards
Subbed, i'm really curious to know if it works when taking orally.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You need to release the vacuum in the vial prior to injecting your BA water into it as it should be vacuum sealed with anywhere from 1-2ml of air.

Also, never inject the BA directly into the powder wafer of you will damage the peptide. You need to have it trickle down the side. Watch the syringe plunger, don't allow the vial to just suck the BA in.
This sounds like broscience

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have seen the instructions to trickle the water down the side to prevent harm to the peptide pretty frequently. I have never really seen any conclusive data that proves or disproves. I usually do it just in case lol.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have seen the instructions to trickle the water down the side to prevent harm to the peptide pretty frequently. I have never really seen any conclusive data that proves or disproves. I usually do it just in case lol.
Weird. Doesn't really make any logical sense when you think about it though. But, whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
BPC Day 4. I have a choice of either doing a small leg day today, resulting from me blowing off some stuff after Squats and RDLs on Thursday - Or doing my scheduled Chest/Back day, which would test the elbow a bit (light weight still, but more than doing legs, LOL). Not sure what I'm doing - I want to give this BPC a fighting chance, so C/B may wait until Monday.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep us posted. I'm curious to see how this stuff turns out.

Do you use anything else for joints, like the standard supplements The_Old_Guy ?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Keep us posted. I'm curious to see how this stuff turns out.

Do you use anything else for joints, like the standard supplements The_Old_Guy ?
"Joints" are not Tendons, so I haven't bothered wasting money on any "Joint" product. Now, I have almost always taken Cissus as a staple because it's cheap in bulk, but not because of joints - I don't have joint problems (Carteledge, Synovial Lubrication, etc...). Both Cissus and high dose B-5 have done nothing, if very little, for Tendon pain (because I've also laid off heavy weights, rested the tendon longer between workouts, and been doing physical therapy - who knows what *exactly* made it feel a *little* better).

Yesterday I ended up doing a weak a$$ Chest/Back workout with weights that I could do 15 reps with for 4 sets - so real friggen light. Tendon felt fine during, only a tiny, tiny bit sore today if I press on it - but the best it's felt yet after doing anything with it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every pharmacological medication I reconstitute at work must be done following this policy. Every little tiny thing my hospital does is backed by evidence based research being one of the largest hospitals. I can't imagine they have these policies set in place based off bro-science.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Every pharmacological medication I reconstitute at work must be done following this policy. Every little tiny thing my hospital does is backed by evidence based research being one of the largest hospitals. I can't imagine they have these policies set in place based off bro-science.
Literally lol'd

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Day 7 of 14 - Oral BPC. 4 x 95% 1RM Deadlifts yesterday (which isn't a lot for me, hahahaha!) and 3 sets of Standing DB Overhead Presses (I do the rest of my Shoulder and Traps tomorrow) with #52.5 Lbs (highest my SelectTech DBs go up to) 12/12/10. Elbow has zero pain. Now, Deadlifts actually haven't aggravated it too much in the past anyway, but hoisting up the DBs in the past would make me feel it a little - nothing yesterday, so hopeful.

BUT - Here's a wrinkle: I also happen to have a sore right Achilles Tendon. It's been sore even before the elbow flared up. I stopped running completely and now just do a Cross Country Skier (no impact) for Cardio (stopped doing Calf Raises too). It is still sore, especially in the morning right when I wake up - I can pinch/massage the tendon and if I hit it in one spot - OUCH (Above or below that spot, there is no pain). It is not "healing" as well as the elbow seems to be. Now, I'm no Achilles expert, so even though it's a tendon, it may not be injured the same way the elbow is from heavy weights and maybe it's out of BPCs league? I will definitely know if *it* is better in 7 more days.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Weird. Doesn't really make any logical sense when you think about it though. But, whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes it does. Peptides are chains of hundreds of amino acids. We are talking 2-5mg usually per vial. That is for usage over a month or so. Thats is a very small amount and it is very very fragile. Squirting an ml or 2 into that pressurized vial and full force is reckless at best.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ok, Day 9. Yesterday instead of finishing my Shoulder/Trap workout, I did a historically more tendon aggravating Arm workout. Again, weights were enough for about 15, 13, 12 - CGBP, Standing DB Hammer (Neutral Grip is easier on the tendon), Dips, and Seated Incline Curls (although I think they should be called Decline, LOL). NO PAIN during, after, or today. Man, I hate to be optimistic, but this stuff may just work orally. No improvement on the Achilles though, so they may be two entirely different injuries and not suited for repair by BPC? 5 Days left...

Night hog

Banned
Awards
I have an Achilles injury from running on the beach and I am hoping this works for you.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I have an Achilles injury from running on the beach and I am hoping this works for you.
It didn't work orally for my Achilles, but sure as sh&t it worked for my Golfer's Elbow (I'll know for sure my next Chest/Back Day - I'm ramping up the weight).

I had an extra few days of BPC, due to it coming in 5mg vials. The last two days of the 14 day cycle I went up to 750mcg, and then I had IIRC, two more days at 750mcg. Everything that used to cause pain, doesn't anymore. Every day stuff like pushing yourself up in bed with the left arm, opening a refrigerator door with a *strong* magnet, twisting off jar tops, pushing-pulling the lawn mower - ALL PAIN FREE. Another time I could really feel it was when racking the flat bench press - no pain there anymore either. Today is Arms/Shoulders - I'm going to go up a little in weight, and add back in Barbell OHPs to test. Sunday is Squats, so Tuesday is Chest/Back and I'll know during/at the end of that if it is healed. I even slacked off on the TheraBar Physical Therapy this last week too. If I had to answer right now - I'd say this stuff works orally for elbows - maybe shoulders. I have no idea why my Achilles is still sore - maybe it's "too far away" and needs injections, or the injury isn't one that is suited to repair by BPC? N=1.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i may have to try this sooner than later. my shoulders are absolute toast these days. hurts at all times, not just at the gym

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
i may have to try this sooner than later. my shoulders are absolute toast these days. hurts at all times, not just at the gym
I assume you are no stranger to injections - you should just inject. When I get more experience, that's what I'm doing, God forbid I get injured again, and maybe for this stubborn Achilles. But yeah, I think it works orally (tentatively). It's probably even better injected.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Mind as well do a live update. I couldn't resist going heavier after writing all that ^ :D

So, I upped the weight to put me in the 8-12 rep range. This is the heaviest I've been in a looooong time. Previous, with some pain, was 12-15, up to 20.

So far:

CGBP, 3 Sets, 12, 10, 8 - No pain.

Dumbbell Curls (rotating on the way up - to hit the Brach, then Bi - Hammer to Normal), 3 Sets, 12, 11, 8 - No pain.

Bodyweight Dips, 14, 11, 8 (These really never hurt though) - No pain yet.

Seated Incline Curls (I say Decline (from vertical), but whatever...) 12, 12, 10 - No pain yet.

Barbell OHP, 12, 12, added 10lbs, 10 - still no pain. Haven't done this one since Dec - it really aggravated the tendon.

Reverse Seated (Chest on Bench) Rear DB Laterals (Rear Delts). I only have up to 52.5lbs, so I just AMRAP: 19, 16 - getting late so I cut a set. N-O P-A-I-N Still!!! Woooohoooo!

Shrugs, 15, 12, 10 - no pain.

I'm calling it - this stuff worked for me. Unless I wake up on fire tomorrow :D I'd say in order of worst to best ways to implement this stuff:

1. Keep training with lighter weights, higher reps, with straps and swallow 500-750mcg/Day for 2'ish weeks.

2. Same as above, but inject.

3. Plan a two week NO LIFTING break (proven to actually help "gains" when done once/twice a year) and swallow.

4. Best (it would seem): As above, but inject.

But orally worked for me (just not for my Achilles - that's the next experiment with injections I guess :D).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Zero pain today - Oral BPC-157 fixed Golfer's Elbow in two weeks.

High Dose B-5 and Cissus did not. (Thought the B5 might based on the Rabbit study, definitely didn't think Cissus would do Jack, but I take it as a staple for general health anyway).

And do your TheraBar therapy - that's proven to work too.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks TOG, this is a very useful thread. Question for the group: any concerns for tested athletes here? If so, what is the "wash out" period.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks TOG, this is a very useful thread. Question for the group: any concerns for tested athletes here? If so, what is the "wash out" period.
I couldn't imagine so. AFAIK they can't test for any peptides yet.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Zero pain today - Oral BPC-157 fixed Golfer's Elbow in two weeks.

High Dose B-5 and Cissus did not. (Thought the B5 might based on the Rabbit study, definitely didn't think Cissus would do Jack, but I take it as a staple for general health anyway).

And do your TheraBar therapy - that's proven to work too.
Oral BPC-157 ? Damn,I need this. What brand have u tried and how u dose it ?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Oral BPC-157 ? Damn,I need this. What brand have u tried and how u dose it ?
It's all orally bio-available, there is no special version. Read Suppversity. It worked for me, but if possible, I would still take 2 weeks off from lifting anything that uses the tendon, and inject... it ups your odds I'd say. Can't say where I got mine as they don't sponsor, but check CEM - they are one.