Are steroids a concern for police

patriotjuice

Awards
How much of a priority or concern is it for cops to bust steroids buyers?
For example a guy who buys a few cycles a year? Orders it online. What are the chances of them finding out?
Are they really concerned about the average small time user? Do they really try hard to bust guys like that?
I could see how they would try hard to get manufacturerers or big time sellers.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Doubt it, especially if they are just ph/ds

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
How much of a priority or concern is it for cops to bust steroids buyers?
For example a guy who buys a few cycles a year? Orders it online. What are the chances of them finding out?
Are they really concerned about the average small time user? Do they really try hard to bust guys like that?
I could see how they would try hard to get manufacturerers or big time sellers.
Last I heard, they were looking specifically for you.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
[video=youtube;slBJlRwo2X0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slBJlRwo2X0[/video]

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
I hear tires screeching....the vans are coming.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try to get? Out to get? Take the time to hunt you down?

No

Have a pack open in the mail and expose itself to the PO, and you might have a problem.

Get pulled over and have gear and syringes in your car, yeah you're going to jail.

But LEO using their resources to look for who is buying a few vials online, naaa man I doubt it.

You hear the occasional sting of labs and dealers, but high traffic of anything leads to suspicion.

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
Just look at Rich Piana they haven't busted him yet and talks openly about it on YouTube

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
unless local wanting to make an example, i doubt they would ever bother unless its ALOT of stuff

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Just look at Rich Piana they haven't busted him yet and talks openly about it on YouTube
really wouldn't use that as an example- yes he posted a cycle and he is openly talking about it but does this mean he is doing this? absolutely not.

cops following him around because of ytube could lead to harassment.

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
unless local wanting to make an example, i doubt they would ever bother unless its ALOT of stuff
This. It'll depend on department and area....and yeah someone said it already but DEA is who you should be concerned with

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Most UGL's are arguably flagged by law enforcement agencies... If you ordered enough juice to be deemed as distribution, then they'd possibly look into you.

warlordwrug

Awards
  • Established
Their mostly looking for the people who are bringing in the powders and other high profile dealers but you never know you might have terrible luck

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Most UGL's are arguably flagged by law enforcement agencies... If you ordered enough juice to be deemed as distribution, then they'd possibly look into you.
or us customs just feels like talking to the person who brought in a 12 week supply just to see if it goes anywhere or maybe the person knows a bigger fish.

linuxjon

Awards
It's a risk. There is no way around it.

They aren't dedicating resources to hunt down gym bros who are buying for themselves. But if they have evidence you are because of bad luck, odds are you're in trouble.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
or us customs just feels like talking to the person who brought in a 12 week supply just to see if it goes anywhere or maybe the person knows a bigger fish.
I don't know what amount constitutes as "distribution"... I've been hearing that Customs has been letting a lot of people off the hook though.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there is always a risk

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You'd have to ask Rick Collins about the particular stats, but it's all a dice roll. You can grab a copy of his book on amazon Legal Muscle: Anabolics in America for a more in depth story. It's a little outdated since laws post 9/11 have taken place, but still worth the read.

My estimation is that you're more likely to get caught selling than buying, but when AAS users buy in large quantities for a cycle, they charge you with intent to distribute because of how much you're going to have on your person at the time. Also, if you have firearms in the house, that's another tacked on charge, and messing around with rec drugs is another good way to get yourself on LE's radar.

I'm in the process of filing of FOIA request with the US Postal Inspectors to determine if have a "mail cover" on my name or address and am actively being monitored (if they'll tell me).
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/us/us-secretly-monitoring-mail-of-thousands.html

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I don't know what amount constitutes as "distribution"... I've been hearing that Customs has been letting a lot of people off the hook though.
a good ?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Chances are if your buying online you not getting the real deal anyway. I would avoid if your worried. As with anything you take a chance.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Chances are if your buying online you not getting the real deal anyway. I would avoid if your worried. As with anything you take a chance.
Eh, I had a good batch last cycle from an online source. Going to order from them again for this next one

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the real deal?

This couldn't be more wrong.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What is the real deal?

This couldn't be more wrong.
There are many sites that name their supps and claim them to be steroids when they are actually herbs or other supps. I have seen people purchase dbol and when they get the bottle it's an amino acid complex, yet the add states it's steroid. This is what I mean by real deal. Not getting a clever named product.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are many sites that name their supps and claim them to be steroids when they are actually herbs or other supps. I have seen people purchase dbol and when they get the bottle it's an amino acid complex, yet the add states it's steroid. This is what I mean by real deal. Not getting a clever named product.
I understand your point, but I don't think this is the kind of stuff the OP was referring to. There is no risk when buying a product that is legal, from a legit website, regardless of what it's called. You can write METHAMPHETAMINE on a bottle, and if it's not Meth then there's no real risk.

Pretty sure this is regarding purchasing actual steroids from online ugl's.

To which I will add there is a risk it's also not the real deal, but if you know what you're doing that risk is practically nil

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it falls into there lap, you are going down. If your package leaks because a vial breaks, they can open it if they want.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As other people have stated, it depends on how much you are ordering and what constitutes trafficking/distribution. if you order $150 worth of gear is it really worth trying to bring you down vs ordering a few thousand dollars which may put up a red flag??

I always wondered how the Pro's skirt around not getting in trouble...oh well

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I've had contraband, not AAS, but similar scheduling, get picked out by Customs coming from China. First time you get caught, all they do is send you a letter asking if you'd like to explain why you should have the stuff and where to come and claim it. Other option is to send back written certification that you don't know who ordered that to your address, but to just destroy it.

You don't have to worry about the government/fed level if it's even a pretty large personal amount. It's the local boys you have to worry about.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I used to have the package with the green customs tape all over it and the letter that was inside. They tape up your original package with the letter inside. Anyway, that was taken by the local boys and used against me. It was the only way they knew about that particular part, too. Moral of the story, kids, don't keep evidence no matter how novel. Your vanity will surely become your downfall.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used to have the package with the green customs tape all over it and the letter that was inside. They tape up your original package with the letter inside. Anyway, that was taken by the local boys and used against me. It was the only way they knew about that particular part, too. Moral of the story, kids, don't keep evidence no matter how novel. Your vanity will surely become your downfall.
Can you talk more about what happened to you in specifics or would that be bad for you legal wise?

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
It depends on what you want to ask. Certain things were just not pursued due to lack of evidence, so I would hate to connect any dots for any enterprising guys in the basement of some fed building wanting to make name for themselves. That said, I am all for the good of the community so I will answer any questions to the best of my ability.

The good news is that the compounds I was ordering were technically legal at the time in the manner in which I was ordering it, so I can talk about most of that. There's just another component which would have made it illegal, had I done said component.

That said, they know that it is easy to find evidence constructing a violation of the federal analogues act in most cases, so it wouldn't have stopped them from rushing my door if they felt it worthwhile. The technicalities only protect you once you're fighting in court.

Sorry for the lengthy backstory, but I wanted to give the general context. What were you wanting to know?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It depends on what you want to ask. Certain things were just not pursued due to lack of evidence, so I would hate to connect any dots for any enterprising guys in the basement of some fed building wanting to make name for themselves. That said, I am all for the good of the community so I will answer any questions to the best of my ability.

The good news is that the compounds I was ordering were technically legal at the time in the manner in which I was ordering it, so I can talk about most of that. There's just another component which would have made it illegal, had I done said component.

That said, they know that it is easy to find evidence constructing a violation of the federal analogues act in most cases, so it wouldn't have stopped them from rushing my door if they felt it worthwhile. The technicalities only protect you once you're fighting in court.

Sorry for the lengthy backstory, but I wanted to give the general context. What were you wanting to know?
That is a bit confusing. Were you ordering some kind of recreational thing or was it AAS?

Anyway, you mentioned the box got opened by customs and then the local LE used that against you. How did that come about? Searched for something else?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

Simpson-Homer-Confused.jpg

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about that. I was trying to sidestep some things but it got too confusing. Chemical was recreational but of a somewhat significant quantity. It was intercepted and deemed an illegal compound, but was actually a legal analog at the time.

Point is that they thought they were looking at an illegal schedule one compound, which is actually worse than AAS at schedule three According to the paperwork I received, 112 grams of mephedrone, a recently outlawed compound were seized by customs.in a package addressed to myself. Rather than prove that it was legal, I just signed off that it wasn't for me and let them keep their notion that it was an illegal compound and they destroyed it without further consequence.

And yes, locals found the paperwork in an unrelated search. I used to be in a lot of ****.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Sorry about that. I was trying to sidestep some things but it got too confusing. Chemical was recreational but of a somewhat significant quantity. It was intercepted and deemed an illegal compound, but was actually a legal analog at the time.

Point is that they thought they were looking at an illegal schedule one compound, which is actually worse than AAS at schedule three According to the paperwork I received, 112 grams of mephedrone, a recently outlawed compound were seized by customs.in a package addressed to myself. Rather than prove that it was legal, I just signed off that it wasn't for me and let them keep their notion that it was an illegal compound and they destroyed it without further consequence.

And yes, locals found the paperwork in an unrelated search. I used to be in a lot of ****.
alrighty then. well glad you are passed that now

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
alrighty then. well glad you are passed that now
As am I. I just figured it may be a useful anecdote for the community and the OP as it seems nobody has ever actually had something intercepted.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've had plenty of stuff intercepted, amongst other stuff I won't mention. Which is why I'm planning on filing a FOIA with the USPS and DEA to see what they might have on me.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I've had plenty of stuff intercepted, amongst other stuff I won't mention. Which is why I'm planning on filing a FOIA with the USPS and DEA to see what they might have on me.
I would be interested to hear anything you're safe to share on the outcome of that. How long ago did you file your FOIA proceeding?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would be interested to hear anything you're safe to share on the outcome of that. How long ago did you file your FOIA proceeding?
Well, I filed a few, actually. USPS and Customs came back and said they didn't do mail covers, so you need to contact the Postal Inspectors. I haven't had a chance to do that yet, because they want you to send via mail a notarized certificate proving you are who you say you are.

But, I also used http://www.getmyfbifile.com/ to see if the FBI or any of the other agencies listed had anything on me too. So far I've gotten a few responses back, FBI said they have nothing on me but can't "confirm or deny", etc, etc. I'm thinking of trying either FOIA Machine or paying MuckRock $25 to have them do it for me, since it's a bit of a hassle and you have to word it correctly or they'll just reject it. You have to be very specific in what you're asking them to look for.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Well, I filed a few, actually. USPS and Customs came back and said they didn't do mail covers, so you need to contact the Postal Inspectors. I haven't had a chance to do that yet, because they want you to send via mail a notarized certificate proving you are who you say you are.

But, I also used http://www.getmyfbifile.com/ to see if the FBI or any of the other agencies listed had anything on me too. So far I've gotten a few responses back, FBI said they have nothing on me but can't "confirm or deny", etc, etc. I'm thinking of trying either FOIA Machine or paying MuckRock $25 to have them do it for me, since it's a bit of a hassle and you have to word it correctly or they'll just reject it. You have to be very specific in what you're asking them to look for.
I agree that I would pay someone to prepare it. I'd do some research on some of the research chemical/psychonaut boards like dancesafe (if it is still up) and bluelight. There's a myriad of information about what to do in these situations on those sites. People are getting stuff pinched off all the time. Most suppliers will just re-send it once the tracking shows its been seized, so it isn't an issue until someone's party gets crashed by the man.

Any risk to buying banned ds on eBay?
Aside from the possibility of counterfeit, there's always the chance that your seller will get banned before you get your shipment. Ensure that you pay with PayPal and are covered by Buyer Protection. Going with someone with a long history of positive feedback from other customers (not other sellers) will help to minimize this, but this will be almost nonexistant as the nature of the transaction is asking to be banned on a regular basis. For things banned in your own country, it is usually best (quality wise) to buy from a country where they are still legal who will ship to you. You can also watch the buy/sell threads and/or make some friends here. I have had a couple successful transactions with folks I've met on AM

Hawkwarrior

Awards
I thought the stuff I had might be bunk but I talked to a sakes rep from bsl and sent him some pictures and he said everything looked legit and said "people don't fake prohormone".. I know people do FAKE them though but I don't even know if methylstenbolone is illegal. One site said it us and another source said that it isn't. Actual supplement sites still sell msten products . that doesn't mean that they aren't bunk tho

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I thought the stuff I had might be bunk but I talked to a sakes rep from bsl and sent him some pictures and he said everything looked legit and said "people don't fake prohormone".. I know people do FAKE them though but I don't even know if methylstenbolone is illegal. One site said it us and another source said that it isn't. Actual supplement sites still sell msten products . that doesn't mean that they aren't bunk tho
you can talk to pat arnold.

the only way to be sure is to have it tested. there are so many fakes going around on many sites, not really hard to use adobe and photoshop

Hawkwarrior

Awards
Maybe they used an old bottle and used a glue gun to put the seal on. I can see somebody doing that. They did a pretty good job on it

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Maybe they used an old bottle and used a glue gun to put the seal on. I can see somebody doing that. They did a pretty good job on it
bro- people are crazy and its your body- its not worth it, even it is some powder that is aspirin or caffeine or some other low dosed ph, just dont chance it. there are a lot of good products from great companies here.

imho seriously not worth it.

dont want to come off as a jackazz, just helping you and others to be safe