Grapefruit and absorption

Dmcooper

Awards
Will I get more out of my PHs if I eat a grapefruit throughout the day at the times that the oral is taken?
Is there a certain time before I take a PH that the grapefruit should be eaten to increase absorption?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Possibly. I'd eat it about the same time I take the oral.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ar1macare pro has 6′,7′-Dihydroxybergamottin in it which is what gives grapefruit the effect of amplifying the absorption

nelradi

Awards
Ar1macare pro has 6′,7′-Dihydroxybergamottin in it which is what gives grapefruit the effect of amplifying the absorption
Would this do any good if the ph is taken multiple hours before ar1macare?

AzNxNiNjA

AzNxNiNjA

Awards
Just look up the grapefruit technique and it'll answer your questions.

AzNxNiNjA

AzNxNiNjA

Awards
Haha yesssss! I'm glad someone understood my reference ��

Dmcooper

Awards
Would this do any good if the ph is taken multiple hours before ar1macare?
I would also like to figure out how long the 6′,7′-Dihydroxybergamottin increases absorption for.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
It depends on PH, I'm not sure the medical community knows for sure. Short answer, very likely yes. I'd take it personally.

DHB inhibits many enzymes, but specifically the CYP3A4 enzyme primarily used for breaking down toxins and drugs in the body. In theory the CYP3A4 enzyme is responsible for breaking down most, if not all, oral steroids and PHs so it should increase absorption. They're just not sure which drugs specifically, more of a generalization.

Originally DHB was discovered by accident when they gave grapefruit juice (containing DHB) to subjects on an unrelated study. The group that took their pills with grapefruit experienced much stronger effects of the drug. With that said, they took DHB WITH their pills so in order to be effective I think you'd have to keep it close to your PH dosing. There might be a more effective window, taking it 30 minutes before your PH? Not sure. But I'd take it with. If you're worried about mixing support with your dose, consider taking DHB separately or just with good ol' grapefruit juice.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dang, I can't believe this has never been discussed on this forum before.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

Dmcooper

Awards
It depends on PH, I'm not sure the medical community knows for sure. Short answer, very likely yes. I'd take it personally.

DHB inhibits many enzymes, but specifically the CYP3A4 enzyme primarily used for breaking down toxins and drugs in the body. In theory the CYP3A4 enzyme is responsible for breaking down most, if not all, oral steroids and PHs so it should increase absorption. They're just not sure which drugs specifically, more of a generalization.

Originally DHB was discovered by accident when they gave grapefruit juice (containing DHB) to subjects on an unrelated study. The group that took their pills with grapefruit experienced much stronger effects of the drug. With that said, they took DHB WITH their pills so in order to be effective I think you'd have to keep it close to your PH dosing. There might be a more effective window, taking it 30 minutes before your PH? Not sure. But I'd take it with. If you're worried about mixing support with your dose, consider taking DHB separately or just with good ol' grapefruit juice.
Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for! That's nice to know that it inhibits the same enzyme that breaks down steroids, but I wonder what other toxins would be allowed through the body.
I was just going to eat a grapefruit every day at the time of my doses. I wish I knew how much it would affect the bioavailability though.