2nd PH Cycle Input Requested & Log to follow

fakeazzrock

Awards
Hi All,

A few months ago I tried AMS liquid 1-Andro/Epi-1-test stack they sell. I think it helped with some strength but I didn't see drastic changes in body composition (fat, strength, etc.) and probably could have seen similar gains with increased calories and hard training. I specifically wanted this because I was afraid of "proper" PCT and felt I could get away with OL SUP3R PCT only. Anyhow, no sides or anything else either so that's good. Also, have hypothryroid and take 125mg Levothyroxine as soon as I wake up every day. I had my physical after AMS cycle and no issues or major changes in bloodwork.

35yo
5'11
195lbs
13-15% BF (caliper test says 13% but I always feel you should add a percent or two based on inability to know test was perfect)

255lb 1MR Bench
405lb 1MR Deadlift
365lb 1MR Squat
165lb 1MR OH Press

6:00am - 2 Norcodrene, AR1MACARE PRO, fish oil, vitamin D, multi, & glucosamine w/chondritin
8:00am - 1 Spartan Hard tab
8:30am - Inner Armour Peak BCAA and workout
10:00ish - 2 scoops protein w/water (1 scoop is a serving)
12:00 - 2 fish oil tabs
2-3pn - 1 scoop Alphamine
5-6pm - 1 Spartan Hard tab & AR1MACARE PRO
6-7pm - 2 fish oil tabs & 2 glucosamine w/chondritin

My goal is/was almost everybody's... not gain fat, hopefully slim down and yet build strength and muscle. Ultimately, I don't care if I weigh 175lbs or 215lbs. I really just want to look better and be a bit stronger. Not a competitor, just a family man who enjoys lifting and looking/feeling good.

Training is 5 days a week, typically M-F. Style is in an athletic performance center, so it's hard to not use terms we'd use in the gym. But I'm currently doing what we call Silverback training. Kinda playing off The Rock & his play on a silverback gorilla. The concept... One max out lift with a separate lift after at about 75% max. I'd say it's most like a person's 5/3/1 style. I'll detail more later.

Diet: Fairly clean:
Eggs/Egg Whites with english muffin, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Or sometimes I'll switch and do Kodiak Cakes waffle/pancake and make with the egg & milk.
Chicken, turkey, etc. with veggies and rice, sweet potato or redskin potato lunch,
Chicken/Turkey or possibly a 4oz steak/bison w/protein shake snack
Some similar but higher calorie dinner
A protein shake post workout (morning), BCAAs during workout
Sometimes a protein bar, PBJ, or something like that during the day/evening
Weekend may have 1 desert with a meal or a couple of cookies with the kids as a snack/treat. But nothing crazy. If any alcohol, 1 drink on a Sat

I like the RMR approach to figuring Macros. This gives me maintenance at 1945 cals. To put on weight, I'd suggest I'm moderate activity which gives me 3015 cals. Using as best as possible 40p/35c/25f for macros. Let's face it, occasionally the carbs goes up, protein down. But realistically I'm pretty damn close to these numbers daily.

Do I need to increase calories more? Should I cut them down some? And without adding a **** ton of additional PH, any other suggestions are welcome!

fakeazzrock

Awards
Workout regimen example:

Monday
Deadlift
8R 65%, 5R 75%, 3R 85%, 1R 90% and continue increasing if possible. So go to 1R, 95%, 100%, 105%, 110%. Once you have maxed out, do a 5x5 at 65-70%
Overhead Press
5x5 75%
Accessory work if time/energy allow. So some additional back/shoulder exercises

Tuesday
Accessory work with primary focus on previous day's muscle groups, done in a hypertrophy style program. However, a little of most every muscle group hit today

Wednesday
Squat
See deadlift format
Bench
See above format. However, you may also do an 8x3 with pauses at bottom of bench press.

Thursday
See Tuesday

Friday
Bench Press
See above
Squat
See above

One key is changing some of the hypertrophy exercises, ability to do additional on day of or even the Tue/Thur days. Also, core work each day with lotsa core work on Tue/Thur. And, when you come back in on Monday, you won't start with Deadlifts again. In fact, based on how I wrote this you'd start with OH press max outs aka silverbacks, and then do the deadlifts at 65-70%. Any time you've done a 5x5, you may do an 8x3 on a different time through.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Hi fake, what information are you looking for man? Are you wanting us to recommend you a PED?

Your body will develop according to your diet, that is the number one factor.
Drugs can impact this but most PEDs can be used for cutting, bulking, recomping... based on training style and nutrition intake.

If you are looking for a PH than I'm hoping you are over 21 years old (preferably 25+) and will research whatever is suggested.
Some of the guys on here have put together awesome posts describing different PH cycles.

Search around a bit. Epistane is a good one to start researching, for your goals.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Nevermind, I see your Spartan PH there. Good luck with it.

fakeazzrock

Awards
And 35yo. But I guess just wondering if I should increase/decrease cals and without getting crazy do people think I should have a bit more PH or anything. Have clomid ready for PCT

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Well are you looking to gain more weight or cut? Or recomp?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Well i would eat at maintenance or maybe a slight surplus. Cause with PH youll gain muscle even in a slight deficit in my experience. But in order to get as much gains as possible you're gonna want to eat at a surplus. Diet is key for getting results in anything the PH just speed things up a bit.

fakeazzrock

Awards
Thanks. Knowing what calorie/macro numbers to hit has been the hardest info to gather

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i hear ya. Try googling tdee calculator and see where that gets you

fakeazzrock

Awards
thanks. I have and have utilized RMR in the past too. Pretty similar results. 3174 is the answer on TDEE and from previous calculations I was doing a 3100-3200 cal diet.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
thanks. I have and have utilized RMR in the past too. Pretty similar results. 3174 is the answer on TDEE and from previous calculations I was doing a 3100-3200 cal diet.
So like right at maintenance

fakeazzrock

Awards
FML. I thought I posted a couple times and didn't.

Monday 4/25 (short on time today)
Squat:
1x225x8
1x275x5
1x315x3
1x325x1
1x335x1
1x345x1
1x355x1 (didn't get quality depth, stopped here)
5x225x5

Bench w/pause at bottom
5x190x5

fakeazzrock

Awards
Tues - lot's of chest, tri & a couple leg

Wed:
Deadlift
1x245x5
1x295x3
1x335x3
1x345x1
1x370x1
1x390x1
1x405x1 (current 1MR), couldn't get 415
5x225x5

OH Press
5x135x5

DB Shrug 3x100x10
+
DB Fly (back) 3x20x12

BB Curl 2x85x10
+
DB Curl 2x35x10

fakeazzrock

Awards
Friday
Bench:
1x155x8
1x190x5
1x235x3
1x245x1
1x255x1
1x265x1 (new 1MR)
5x195x5

DB Press
3x100x6

DB Fly
3x45x10/10/8

Band Fly & Press
36lb (23lb +13lb resistance band) 3x36x15

I'm up to 200lbs. I haven't had fat checked but sure don't see extra fat or feel it in my clothes.