TRT Bound? Anything out of the ordinary on this blood test?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
What's up you sexy mofos!!!!!!

I'm finally getting back on the grind. <-- *insert a **** yes*

Anyways, while getting ready for the summer time, I've been trying to figure out what is going on with my sleep. Most people know I've always had sleep problems. Well now that I have a good job, and I can afford to pay my doctor to touch my balls (joke).

So I got a full blood test done, and I did some research, but it seems that my test is too low for my age. That really seems to be about it, I know when I've done a cycle or two, I slept great while, "ON", and I think it's because I was on the high end of normal with test. My guess is I've always had low test (everything is making sense now) lol.

Anyways, here are my results, let me know how ****ed I am!!! ;)

PS I am 26 years old. Yay..

CBC W DIFFERENTIAL AUTO:

COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL:

TSH WITH REFLEX TO FREE T4:

TESTOSTERONE FREE, TOTAL AND SHBG, ADULT MALE:

PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN, TOTAL:

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think you need TRT with those numbers?? lol people with half your numbers can't even get TRT!! Solid tsh..

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
You think you need TRT with those numbers?? lol people with half your numbers can't even get TRT!! Solid tsh..
Noooo I was just curious. :)

Just trying to figure out why I can't sleep haha.

linuxjon

Awards
You'll never, ever get a doc to prescribe trt with that test number. Unless perhaps you go to one of those anti-aging clinics at some ridiculous cost.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
You'll never, ever get a doc to prescribe trt with that test number. Unless perhaps you go to one of those anti-aging clinics at some ridiculous cost.
Yah, I've never looked into it.

Sounds like the numbers are right for a 26 year old.

I guess it's time to get a sleep study.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Doctors office finally called. They basically said, "your **** is normal".

linuxjon

Awards

I'm not saying ~450 is a great number for someone your age. I'm just saying its way higher than docs generally consider a problem.

Could always hop on something like 100mg/week of test and see if you suddenly feel a million times better I imagine.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I'm not saying ~450 is a great number for someone your age. I'm just saying its way higher than docs generally consider a problem.

Could always hop on something like 100mg/week of test and see if you suddenly feel a million times better I imagine.
Every time I cycle, I feel like what I assume would be normal.

I love it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Sleep study.. Do you think you have sleep apnea? Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? Very very different causes.

Staying asleep could be apnea.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Sleep study.. Do you think you have sleep apnea? Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? Very very different causes.

Staying asleep could be apnea.
Well, before they will help with any meds they have to have a diagnosis.

Honestly, I have ADD + Insomnia.

I have trouble falling asleep, and staying asleep.

linuxjon

Awards
Well, before they will help with any meds they have to have a diagnosis.

Honestly, I have ADD + Insomnia.

I have trouble falling asleep, and staying asleep.
When you say ADD, are you on meds?

I used to be on Adderall for ADD. Could never sleep.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You'd never want to get on TRT with those numbers even if allowed. You can easily bring up those test numbers and everything else is normal.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's more about what's normal for YOU not to everyone else. I've seen guys with high natural T levels that struggle to put on muscle mass like it's nobody's business. I've also seen guys in the 400 range who pack on muscle easily you would never guess there numbers were on the lower end. There's so many variables to consider

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
When you say ADD, are you on meds?

I used to be on Adderall for ADD. Could never sleep.
Yup, Adderrall.

I've had sleep problems my entire life, and yah, once I thought that might be what's going on. Took a month off from it, still had insomnia.

You'd never want to get on TRT with those numbers even if allowed. You can easily bring up those test numbers and everything else is normal.
That's exactly what I was thinking too.

It's more about what's normal for YOU not to everyone else. I've seen guys with high natural T levels that struggle to put on muscle mass like it's nobody's business. I've also seen guys in the 400 range who pack on muscle easily you would never guess there numbers were on the lower end. There's so many variables to consider
Our bodies are amazing contraptions. Really pretty complex.

adobepot

Awards
Adderall will **** your sleep, badly. Consider dexedrine instead (instant release, not spansule) - shorter half-life means you'll have to dose multiple times per day (probably 2-3), but it will probably wear off in time for you to sleep.

adobepot

Awards
For sleep aids, your least-harmful option, IMO, is Sonata (zaleplon). This is the only sleep aid which does not alter sleep architecture.

adobepot

Awards
I guess because I'm a new user the forum won't let me post that all as one long post... really frustrating.

linuxjon

Awards
For sleep aids, your least-harmful option, IMO, is Sonata (zaleplon). This is the only sleep aid which does not alter sleep architecture.
Unaware of Sonata.

Lunesta treated me better than ambien cr. Haven't used either in years though.

L-theanine in large doses actually does the trick for me now.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What time was your blood draw? I didn't see magnesium in your test results. Try a magnesium glycinate supplement. Agree that your lack of sleep is contributing to low T.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adderall will **** your sleep, badly. Consider dexedrine instead (instant release, not spansule) - shorter half-life means you'll have to dose multiple times per day (probably 2-3), but it will probably wear off in time for you to sleep.
Dexaprine has up to a 8-12 hour life for most people.

adobepot

Awards
Dexaprine has up to a 8-12 hour life for most people.
Yes (prescribing info lists it as 10), but that's shorter than l-amp (13 hrs), which is about 50% of the Adderall OP is currently prescribed.

Sources:

GlaxoSmithKline . Dexedrine*(dextroamphetamine sulfate) Spansule*sustained-release capsules and tablets prescribing information. Research Triangle Park, NC; 2007 Mar.

Shire US Inc. Adderall XR*(mixed salts of a single-entity amphetamine product) capsules prescribing information. Wayne, PA; 2007 Mar.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
What time was your blood draw? I didn't see magnesium in your test results. Try a magnesium glycinate supplement. Agree that your lack of sleep is contributing to low T.
For sure!

Draw was roughly 2-3 PM.

They gave me some sleep stuff and it's made a dramatic improvement.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure!

Draw was roughly 2-3 PM.

They gave me some sleep stuff and it's made a dramatic improvement.
This MAY explain the lower TT. Testosterone is highest in the morning. Combine this and your lack of sleep and your TT will decline substantially. Next time a blood draw is needed, get it done as early in the morning (i.e. 8 AM) as possible.

Also, for $65 go to privatemdlabs dot com and order the "female hormone panel". This will give you LH, FSH, TT, E2, CBC and CMP.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This MAY explain the lower TT. Testosterone is highest in the morning. Combine this and your lack of sleep and your TT will decline substantially. Next time a blood draw is needed, get it done as early in the morning (i.e. 8 AM) as possible.

Also, for $65 go to privatemdlabs dot com and order the "female hormone panel". This will give you LH, FSH, TT, E2, CBC and CMP.
This. TT can lower 25-30% throughout the day naturally and if you took anything that was affecting sleep patterns, that could compound that. I doubt you had anything close to an accurate lab result.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards

Thanks!!!

I'll get it done one of these days!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you snore, apnea could be the culprit. I had severe obstructive sleep apnea when I was at my heaviest (335 lbs. and ~35% BF), and I think now even adding muscle mass has made me revert again. I have a sleep study scheduled again soon, can't wait to get some quality sleep again!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
If you snore, apnea could be the culprit. I had severe obstructive sleep apnea when I was at my heaviest (335 lbs. and ~35% BF), and I think now even adding muscle mass has made me revert again. I have a sleep study scheduled again soon, can't wait to get some quality sleep again!
No sleep apnea for me. :(

I wish it was something more visible.

When is your sleep study?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No sleep apnea for me. :(

I wish it was something more visible.

When is your sleep study?
I currently have one scheduled for June, my preferred doctor didn't have an opening until August.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I currently have one scheduled for June, my preferred doctor didn't have an opening until August.
Gotcha. Lemme know how it goes.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, bro. In for the info on this. Good luck and I hope the sleep thing works out.

A couple yrs ago I went to a different doc than my usual as he was all booked for a while (same primary care physician's office). I was having trouble falling asleep and it was ****ing with my school and athletic performance big time. He prescribed me a tricyclic antidepressant.. Makes sense. ?