First Cycle Just Test-E Log

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
What's going on guys, semi new to the forum but been reading and seeing some of the logs over the last few months. Just started my first Test Enanthate cycle literally today and figured I would log for personal reasons and of course for anyone that wants to follow and maybe pick up some of the answers to questions I ran across. I'm 26 and this is my first cycle so I'm keeping it super simple, no Kickstarters etc. Of course the test being a slow e I'm not expecting to much difference in the next 2-4 weeks but staying optimistic of course!

Running 250mg/ml Test E every Monday and Thursday for a total of 500mg each week for 12 weeks.
PCT is in the works right now(easily available) and will be pretty average.

Got Arimidex on hand for any noticeable signs and getting bloods done around the 4 or 6 week mark. I've seen people argue back and forth on whether the Arimidex should be used throughout the cycle eod, e2d, etc, or to wait if there are any notice of sides and some even say that they go with 500mg of test and don't need any AI. I'm gonna go with the wait to see if I notice any small sign of sides approach.

Starting stats are 6'3, 6'4 on a good day lol at 165lbs, I just cut down for about 6 months after a lonng 3 year bulk and getting up to 208.
Been in the gym since 2008 with some great results but giving the dark side a try. Gonna try and get some pics up here for all to see asap. Biggest interest is to grow these legs. At 6'4(no excuse) it's my weakest body part and I am going to change that. Besides that I'm just like everyone, so wouldn't complain about some growth in the arms but overall growth will keep me happy.

First shot was about 30 minutes ago. Drew with 23gauge pinned with 3cc 1inch 25gauge Got the loving wife(who doesn't flinch from a needle) pin me in the glute, upper outer quadrant. Barely felt anything at all and no blood even when she pulled the needle out so I think the steady hand makes a great difference. Fingers crossed for no pip. Hitting legs of course in a few hours and expecting an average workout but I'll take a little placebo rage in the gym if I can to move some more weight!

Ill keep posting to keep everyone that is interested updated.....and happy gains to everyone!!!

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, build those tris and rear delts man

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Whats the training and nutritional programming look like? Your going to need to really push this bulk to fill out your frame

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed, decent base to start with. Just curious why you cut so much? That's a 43lb cut!!!!

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
Sorry for the delay guys, been a busy day or so.. Beast right now I'm starting off this first week at 2500 calories 230protein 230carb and 70fat. I will definitely adjust as the scale changes and of course as I notice the test actually having an effect.
Socalmk honestly I told myself I was going to cut until I could see my abs without flexing....just a personal goal that I hadn't ever been able to pull off. Truly had never been able to just see my abs and I guess genetically hold all of my fat in my stomach area and it's always the last to go....but yes I was extremely frustrated that I allowed myself to get down that low to see abs. Definitely a learning lesson and showed me I need to really put on some size.

Thanks for the subs guys.

I will get yal some updated info at the end of the week with some more info. Work is busy as hell!!!!

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
Oh and workout breakdowns are

Monday- Legs and triceps
Tuesday- Back and shoulders
Wednesday- Chest and biceps
Thursday- usually rest day, will probably hit a mix of arms, calves, maybe abs If I can't avoid the gym
Friday- Legs and triceps
Saturday- back and shoulders
Sunday- chest and tris

I have a workout partner so this Is what we have been following the last month or so and I've been loving it so we will adjust as needed. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Everything is decently high volume
4-5 exercises for each body part and and 4 sets on all...rep ranges vary but for the most part sticking to 8-12. 12 obviously at the lighter weight and slowly going down to 8 reps as that weight gets heavier and heavier on each set.

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
Oh and here's a picture of these god awful legs. This is with no pump the day before leg day. Like a lot of people this is my biggest weak point imo but I've had friends disagree and say for 6'3 my legs are decent....idk who to believe at this point but I think they are waaay to small.

Attachments

Whorecules

Awards
Legs are a real bitch to build when you're tall. Hammer those leg days on this cycle and I'm sure you'll get them up considerably. Subbed for results.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
In to see how this goes for you bro. I just finished my second injectable cycle myself. Love this ****.
That's so awesome that your wife is supporting you in this and even helping you with pinning; I'm really glad for people who have that going for them. Congrats on being with the right woman; I'm jealous! :zx11pissed:
P.S. Your ass is gonna be SORE tomorrow. Injecting into a virgin muscle will do that even with a perfect injection. It'll get better.

For being so damn tall and only 165lbs, you look pretty good. I'm damned jealous of your delts, and dat tiny waist. Looks like the reason for that low weight is the size of your legs. This cycle is your prime opportunity to get them to blow up! I'm 6'0" and my legs are one of my biggest lagging muscle groups as well.
For training, you might want to kick up the volume. Lift heavy ass weights, and follow it up with a **** load of reps to pump the blood into those muscles until they feel like they're gonna explode out of your skin.
Have you used any prohormones or anything before? I know you said this is your first cycle, but if you're anything like me, I consider my first pinning cycle as my first real cycle, and I don't really count all the B.S. prohormones or designer steroids I've used in the past.
The cool thing about using exogenous testosterone (or any anabolic, really) is the greatly enhanced recovery and ability to grow from an increased amount of training and stress. Take advantage of it! I like that you are doing pretty much everything twice a week; good move.

Lol a big post for my first one in here but I'm supposed to be studying and I like to do pretty much everything I can to distract myself and put it off, so I kinda ran with it. I'll probably have more to add honestly, so sorry in advance.

Good luck with this cycle, man, I know without a doubt in my mind that you're gonna love it.

EDIT: forgot to add something. You said PCT is in the works; what do you have planned? I'd try to get that finalized and ordered ASAP just so you have it on hand. You never know if you'll have to abort the cycle early and you don't want to find yourself completely suppressed and no way to recover other than to sit and wait it out.
I hope you're planning on using a SERM (clomid or nolvadex) and if you need any help on dosing, pretty much any of the guys in here and on AM can help you with that.

Last edited:

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro,

Please dont take this the wrong way but you are really destroying your future of growing. You are going to sell yourself short way to easily. You have a lot more size to gain naturally before jumping to gear. You have a great build, don't get me wrong. You are lean and look really healthy and for a first cycle, you are doing the most responsible thing, Testosterone. So props to that.

But IMO, you should stay natural for longer, you have a lot of room to grow naturally still. The problem is, once you run 1 cycle, you screwed all your natural growing.. your overall progress will be far less than had you grew more prior. This is the reason for waiting to cycle until your build is ready for it.

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
Whorecules yea man, going to hit em twice a week without fail and maybe even 3 days on some weeks. Hoping to make everyone on here say wow when I post the leg shots!
BamBam0319
Damn bro thanks for the detailed response, happy to see someone as excited as I am. I was literally dying for my Thursday pin. Yea man the wife is super helpful and honestly is making things so much easier on me. Yea my ass was definitely sore but I hit legs so hard that I can't tell the difference of what is actually sore, injection site or my whole glute lol. Yea I've been told my delts are a strong point and I typically hit them really hard with tons of lateral raises. As mentioned and seen in the pics legs are priority and I really am gonna do everything I can to make them grow. Definitely gonna up the volume and get that pump from hell every workout.

As far as prohormones/sarms the only thing I ran was a 12 week of Revolt Pharms Osta in pill form. That was at the end of my bulk and I saw some pretty good results from that but I can't say that it worked any wonders.

As far as PCT I got a buddy setting it up for me but will most likely involve one or both.

Thanks for the response bro! Makes it even more intense when you got other supporters! Gotta do it for the AM guys lol.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Following. Don't expect to see big changes over the next few weeks. Just be patient. The test will give you much quicker recovery so take advantage and enjoy man.

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
criticalbench no worries bro, I'm not one of those butt hurt guys. I appreciate the feedback and concern but I guess it's one of those coulda shoulda situations. At 26 I felt I was ready and old enough to make the decision for myself but I understand that I could of gained some more naturally, just not the path I decided to take. I've considered it for a couple of years but held off and ready to make the most of it. One thing I can say is that I 100% will not be one of those, "hops on, but doesn't train with the intensity necessary/ doesn't eat at near the levels necessary/misses the gym and makes excuses etc" thanks again for the feedback and hoping for the best with this first and probably not last cycle!

@thanks dave39 looking forward to it and being patient...but my gym Partner is already making comments on my "pump" size during my workout and he doesn't know bout the test so....who knows maybe I'm just pumping more blood in the muscle because I'm hitting it that much harder knowing what I'm putting in. Regardless thanks for the info and look forward to posting some progress.

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the detailed log. Lots will benefit from a raw test cycle log including myself.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
criticalbench no worries bro, I'm not one of those butt hurt guys. I appreciate the feedback and concern but I guess it's one of those coulda shoulda situations. At 26 I felt I was ready and old enough to make the decision for myself but I understand that I could of gained some more naturally, just not the path I decided to take. I've considered it for a couple of years but held off and ready to make the most of it. One thing I can say is that I 100% will not be one of those, "hops on, but doesn't train with the intensity necessary/ doesn't eat at near the levels necessary/misses the gym and makes excuses etc" thanks again for the feedback and hoping for the best with this first and probably not last cycle!
Psychological maturity is just as important as physical maturity when it comes to determining if one is ready to cycle. That post right there just proved to me you are more than ready for two reasons. First being how you responded to me not loosing your shiat when I'm just trying to help, and two, going into detail about how you thought to do this earlier but waited. Props to you, you have a good head on your shoulders. You will be fine, I wish you the best of luck.

I wish you applied for our 1-Testosterone pro-hormone logs, your current build and your willingness to post pictures is exactly what we want!! You have a great foundation to build on..

Make the most of this cycle bro!

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
Little update guys. So yesterday morning I got my second pin which I was anticipating all week lol. Went with the the left glute this go around and I don't know if my wife hit a nerve or what but as she went in I just felt something really funny and she was like babe your whole cheek just twitched. I didn't do anything or really feel much so I don't know if it was just the muscle being sensitive or she did go through a nerve. Anyways aspirated and no blood so all good. I had to work a 12 hour shift which includes sitting at a desk a lot so left glute site was pretty sore all day.

So far hit all the workouts I mentioned I would be hitting and did not take a rest day yesterday. Did about 12 heavy sets of triceps and and 12 heavy sets of traps(working on those as well)

All workouts have been amazing this week, placebo or not I'm milking it for all its worth because I am pushing harder and with more intensity. Got out of the shower last night and had 3 or 4 really small pimples on my back, just the little white head ones. Now I don't know if I'm causing acne overthinking it or what lol but I never get acne on my back so who knows maybe they mixed some **** in this test lol...not srs. Probably just a coincidence now that I'm checking everyday. No worries though

Diet has been good so far, staying right around 2500 to 2600 calories and the scale is moving up. Now I've read and heard alot of opinion on what to eat on cycle and heard many people just eat anything and everything to get in extra cals...including burgers, pizza, wings,etc. I personally am trying to do this the "right" way so everything has been clean so far. Not sure if I will continue that wants the calories get way up there but I want to try and stick with it and try to avoid gaining a bunch of extra fat just because I got lazy with diet. Would love to hear some opinions on this because don't get me wrong, I'd love it be knocking back pizza and **** like that everyday, just don't think that's the right approach with my "goals" let me know yals thoughts.

Gonna wait till end of week to past updated stats and pics, but I promise I'll have that for you guys by Monday. Maybe even Sunday.

On another note, personal actually....Had trouble sleeping last night and a bit of anxiety regarding this whole cycle. I think i let criticalbenhc get in my head because for about an hour or so I was like "**** what if after this cycle I can never gain any muscle, what if he's right and I'm ****ed after this and the only way to put on size is to blast and cruise the rest of my life. What if this ****s up my sex drive for life...etc etc etc, you know all those type of thoughts followed by damn maybe I should just stop, I'm not to far in" so yea none of that probably has anything to do with the test but figured I would share some of my personal thoughts also. Woke up this morning and was like **** no I'm not ending my cycle, I'm getting ****ing massive lol!!! SRS

Yal let me know if yal have any other questions and hope yal don't mind the long posts...I can shorten em up if these are a little over done.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
You have nothing to be getting worried about. The needle probably nicked a nerve, it happens, nothing to stress over.
Acne can increase and typically does for most people on cycle. Everyone is different. Speak to a dermatologist if it gets bad, otherwise just make sure you don't sit around in sweaty clothes and you are showering in the morning and at night. Change your towel every few days.

As far as the loss of sleep goes... You are overthinking and by cycling right now you are merely speeding up what you would be able to do naturally. Once you hit that natural "limit" you still have more room to grow with anabolics in the future. Your current cycle is just getting you through a few chapters of your journey at a quicker pace.

Don't overthink, the mind is more powerful than the body and you need both to be on the same page for a successful cycle.

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
dave39 thanks for the advice and I appreciate the wisdom! Really great group of guys on here from what I've seen so far! Definitely gonna make this cycle more enjoyable and a little less worrisome I imagine.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Agree with these guys.
Also in terms of diet, I personally started adding junk in because I was having an incredibly hard time getting in sufficient calories to gain weight. I was literally maintaining my weight on cycle eating 3500-4000 kcal per day. To be honest, adding junk in didn't really help all that much. I wish I had stuck with clean foods and just forced myself to eat another meal. Just my experience with the topic!

fakeazzrock

Awards
There may be better threads for diet suggestions, but since this one is specific to this dude's log & cycle, I figured why not here.

Last year I wanted to bulk naturally and went from 2800 cals to 4000c daily for a month, then dropped back down to around 3200. In an effort to keep it clean I started making my own weight gainer - 1 to 1.5 cups of milk, 2 scoops protein, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2T flaxseed, 2T hemp seed, frozen fruit about a cup or so (depending on what. Berries only was a whole cup, bananas, just a whole banana). Hemp provides about 140 cals w/12g protein (and fat)

Also would do 1.5C chocolate milk, 2 scoops protein, 2T peanut butter, 2T hemp seed, 2T flaxseed, 1C greek yogurt, 1/2C oatmeal and add a little more choc milk if too thick. This would provide the ballpark of 1500 cals, 55g fat, 100g carb, 100g protein.

side note, not picking on BamBam0319 cuz I see this all the time but 1kcal = 1Cal = 1000 calories.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
fakeazzrock all of my classes teach it the way I wrote it, so that's how I do it too.
Dietary calories are abbreviated as kcal.
In a physics lab or something, yes, a kilocalorie is 1000 small calories, but what you see on food labels as "calories" are actually kcal. It's called calories still just for convenience.

fakeazzrock

Awards
agreed. and you will see this on packaging at times too. i guess it's a you're your thing for me. :cheers:

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I enjoy hitting nerves and twitching haha.. Or when for whatever reason it feels like it's burning..

Or the horrid coughs form tren

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I enjoy hitting nerves and twitching haha.. Or when for whatever reason it feels like it's burning..

Or the horrid coughs form tren
I think the twitch is kinda cool too, but I gotta say I'm incredibly happy I haven't gotten the tren cough.

linuxjon

Awards
Ho Lee F @ 165lbs at our height (in 6'3 too). Was 160lbs before I started lifting and you could see all my ribs.

You have good insertions and a good base, but I hope you put in a good 20-25lbs during this cycle and keep it.

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
Well calories are still aright around 2500 give or take 50 or so and weight is still increasing steadily so gonna stick with that till the scale stops moving. Literally adding about .8 to 1lb everyday so far. Weigh ins are obviously in the morning so I'm pretty happy with the increases. Gonna stick with the goal and keep increasing weight with as much "clean" (nutrient dense) food as possible and throw in some cheats when really necessary or when I'm just ready for one lol.
Fakeazz yea I'm sure by week 4 or 5 I'll need to start throwing those in there to get the calories up
bambam agreed.....Definitely going to try and do it smart like you mentioned. Don't want to add a bunch of unnecessary weight with random junk food but I'm sure there will be a few occasions where I'll sneak it in.
criticalbench lol yea the burning mentally equals it's working right :) not srs

On another note workouts have been great. Hit the gym and every workout all 7 days this week with really high intensity and volume. Nothing major in strength changes yet but definitely some form of drive to push harder through those last few reps(probably mental) which I'm okay with. Fridays leg workout was horrible in the best way....I went into the gym so sore from the previous leg workout, started to warm up with extensions and tear drop of the quad literally felt like it was ripping apart within the first couple of reps like it hadn't healed enough since the last workout....no worries though I pushed through it of course wound up having an amazing workout and could barely drive my truck afterwards...legs were just shaking on the pedals lol....cmon I know yal know the feeling!!!

Anyways
Here's the morning weigh ins for the week.
Monday 4/11- 163.8
4/12- 164.0
4/13- 165.6
4/14- 166.6
4/15- 166.0
4/16- 167.2
4/17- 169.0

I'm obviously pretty happy with those results and abs are still slighty visible when flexed so I'll take that any day. What's cool is from what I've read and understand is that the test hasn't done anything yet so those increases on the scale are just from adding in a good amount of calories. Idk if it's because I ran my cut so long and was in a deficit and now my body is responding well to the surplus but it works for me and I'm not complaining.

Considering posting a few pics but was considering waiting till week 2 so yal can really see the "changes" but if yal would like I can do it today. Imo there is a difference just from this 7 days which is crazy because like most of us I suffer from major bigorexia and never thing I look big. In high school I was 6'3 at like 145 lbs and even now when I get up to 200 I feel like I'm still the same scrawny kid from high school with no gains! Damn that mental **** will mess with you lol....I can't be the only one though right.....?
Yal let me know if yal want the pics or if I should stick with every 2 weeks for more noticeable changes!!!

Pinning is tomorrow and I already can't wait!!! Also gotta say I love having yal AM guys following this, makes it a little more motivating and I love that there is a bunch of guys here who love this sport that can analyze my body, symmetry, weak/strong points, etc and give me all the good feedback too. From what I've seen so far I don't have the ****tiest body I've always thought I had so thats a start!

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
Well boys I guess it's time for a little status update. So just about to finish week 3. Things are going really good and just as planned from what I can tell.

So I'll try and cover a few topics.

First off libido....so in the last 7-10 days the libido has definitely increased...not so much like an all the time thing but I definitely notice it throughout the day. Mornings are ridiculous...brick walls would not stand a chance and they are there every morning no matter what...I don't mind just such a pain in the ass to piss every morning before weigh ins lol.

Strength is definitely going up and I am pushing through more reps than ever. I will get yal some exact stats once a little more time passes and I can document some big number changes but things are changing without a doubt and my willingness to stay in the gym for hours is like never before. Last night I did back and shoulders and the volume was ridiculous. Here's a little overview
- 4 sets of shoulder press 10-12 reps
-4 sets of machine shoulder press hands neutral 8-12 reps /supersetting with
4 sets of 35lb plate lateral raises 12 reps
- 4 sets of of lateral raises 12 reps
- 4 sets of seated rear delt raises
-4 sets of wide grip pull ups at 8-10 reps
-5 sets of seated cable rows at 8-12 reps
-4 sets of lat pull downs
So normally at this point I'd definitely be done but I was feeling amazing and pumped like hell so then did
4 sets of tbar rows superset with
- 4 sets of unilateral rows using a machine at lifetime.
During that sat and after I was dying but feeling so good. As I finished up I headed away and was going to leave but as I passed the dumbells i couldn't help but notice my delts could use a little extra pump so I did 4 more sets of a little 5 front lateral raise/5 lateral raise. It was amazing and I finally wrapped up!

Attitude is there....it's not major but I can tell a difference and it is not a placebo. There is just no way. Frustration levels and tolerance are way down so trying to make sure I don't let that become an issue. I have a 2 year old so things can get hectic and quite annoying really quickly. The wife was actually trying to tell me about her workout class last night and was just going on and on about some new workout they had to do and I literally cut her off and said "I gotta be honest I really don't care" it almost just came out but I realized it was a dick move so I did apologize lolz. She'll be okay!

Uhhh what else eating is good...bumped the calories up to anywhere from 2600-2800 depending on the day etc. Still keeping it really clean and prepping just about every single meal. Gonna try to stick with it so I can avoid a ton of excess of fat like we mentioned before. Doing a better job of getting more fiber in cuz 250 protein makes a difference lol.

Weigh ins are
4/17- 169.0
4/18- 169.4
4/19- 170.0
4/20- 171.0
4/21- 171.4
4/22- 170.2
4/23- 171.2
4/24- 171.2
4/25- 173.6
4/26- 175.0
4/27- 175.4
4/28- 176.6
4/29- 175.5
4/30- 175.8
5/1- 177.2

Yal can see I had a small rutt the 21st through 24th. Had one day missed cals by like 250 and then realized it was just time to bump up calories just a bit because I was not progressing. Adjusted and now things are back on track still increasing just the way I like. Then on 4/27 -4/30 I saw some inconsistencies with weight so yesterday I bumped up to an even 3,000 calorie and this morning was back on track. Gonna stick with the 3,000 calories until weight gain slows again. Abs are still visible when flexed of course so not complaining....I know they will be gone soon.

Yal let me know if I missed anything...alot to cover so I'm sure there's something. And of course posting pictures in just a bit. Hopefully yal can see a difference in the pics because in person I'm really noticing changes and my work out partner has said the same thing and again he doesn't know about the cycle.

I'm really looking forward to the next week or so which is when everyone says it "really" kicks in although imo it already has. I can't imagine what 9 more weeks will be like.

Kickerguy08

Kickerguy08

Awards
So here are the before pics the day before my 1st pin with no pump, no workout that day. One obviously is my not flexed whatsoever and the other is me just holding a small pose but nothing hardcore.

Attachments