Injury on cycle - where do I go from here?

goodguygreg

Awards
What's up everyone,

I'm currently four weeks into a very light cycle of androvar,4 caps per day. I unfortunately hurt my shoulder a few days ago on DB OHP, so my shoulder is pretty sore to say the least. I can't get enough ROM to grip the bar on squats at this point, it hurts on pressing and pulling movements. I've had problems with this shoulder before and it's usually a week before I can grind through the pain and lift / get enough ROM back and about a month before it's back to normal.

Should I just abandon the cycle or keep going with lighter weights and focus more on the movements? It's really a shame because I'm cutting on this and I was doing heavy rep schemes to maintain my strength (6x3 sets primarily) so I'm def gonna lose more strength than I want to if I go down the light weight path. **** is really frustrating, maybe some of ya'll can help me get my head straight here and lead me in the right direction.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Go see a physiotherapist and get your injury squared away.
There's no point in using anabolics when you can't train properly.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Go see a physiotherapist and get your injury squared away.
There's no point in using anabolics when you can't train properly.
This. I would not continue to aggravate the injury. Talk to your doc, get it checked out. Depending on what he says continue with lighter weight, cycle off into pct, or avoid activating that muscle group.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
What's up everyone,

I'm currently four weeks into a very light cycle of androvar,4 caps per day. I unfortunately hurt my shoulder a few days ago on DB OHP, so my shoulder is pretty sore to say the least. I can't get enough ROM to grip the bar on squats at this point, it hurts on pressing and pulling movements. I've had problems with this shoulder before and it's usually a week before I can grind through the pain and lift / get enough ROM back and about a month before it's back to normal.

Should I just abandon the cycle or keep going with lighter weights and focus more on the movements? It's really a shame because I'm cutting on this and I was doing heavy rep schemes to maintain my strength (6x3 sets primarily) so I'm def gonna lose more strength than I want to if I go down the light weight path. **** is really frustrating, maybe some of ya'll can help me get my head straight here and lead me in the right direction.
its sucks, trust me and us we all know. but losing a little strength and gains now is better than when you 45 and when it rains your joints hurt. Along with everything else and now you cant bench 50 lbs lol

lots of people including me, just ignored nagging injuries. this is starting to catch up to me now. give it sometime and when you feel its getting better wait another week. then start up gradually. muscle memory is an amazing thing

Brick Tannen

Brick Tannen

Awards
Androvar is not a strong supp. Stopping isn't gonna be bad. But, if your in the game long enough your gonna have injuries. Make sure it's not a serious injury first, but understand in the world of bodybuilding you will have to work through injuries. Take a few as days, stretch out the issue, and continue to work hard. I wouldn't stop your cycle yet! But without knowing how long you have been lifting, it's hard to say what your capable of. To many in-experienced guys jump off cycle because of injuries, when they could work through it. Just my two cents.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was your cycle a cut or a recomp? If so, you can double down on cardio and focus on strict diet and still achieve some results. Or you can quit and do a light pct. Either way is fine depending on your goals. But I agree with everyone that you should not train through the pain without being certain it isn't a serious injury that will be aggravated even more.