Sprained wrist on cycle

classyplastic

classyplastic

Awards
So, 7 days into a 30 day Epistane/Pmag/4 andro cycle and I just got back from the doctor with tendonitis in my right wrist. Do i just do legs for the next week or so? Guess i can do sit ups but nothing i have to really use my hands for. It should heal and still give me a couple weeks to catch up before my cycle ends. This ever happen to you guys? Any tips on exercises to do that don't use any grip? Pretty bummed out here. :sad3:

mrgoomba

Awards
Im sure you can get creative for some things.

I would probably do 2 leg days a week if it were me and I was limited to mostly lower body. You can probably do chest flys using the machine? Basically put the handles on your forearm and it probably will really make you focus on the chest contraction vs using arms.

For shoulders, does your gym have one of those lat raise machines where you raise with your shoulders, not your hands?

Biceps... seated machine bicep curl? Just place the handle on your forearm.

Back and triceps i got nothing. does wrist only hurt when you bend it, or does it hurt if you keep it straight and just pull?

Regardless... epi takes about 3 weeks for you to really start to feel it, so maybe just do legs 2-3x a week and then heal up and hit your last 3 weeks or so hard.

classyplastic

classyplastic

Awards
Im sure you can get creative for some things.

I would probably do 2 leg days a week if it were me and I was limited to mostly lower body. You can probably do chest flys using the machine? Basically put the handles on your forearm and it probably will really make you focus on the chest contraction vs using arms.

For shoulders, does your gym have one of those lat raise machines where you raise with your shoulders, not your hands?

Biceps... seated machine bicep curl? Just place the handle on your forearm.

Back and triceps i got nothing. does wrist only hurt when you bend it, or does it hurt if you keep it straight and just pull?

Regardless... epi takes about 3 weeks for you to really start to feel it, so maybe just do legs 2-3x a week and then heal up and hit your last 3 weeks or so hard.
I think i can pull without pain but might not risk it just in case. Pec deck is good idea.

Thanks!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
oh stop crying and go lift-

just kidding, i have been there bro except with shoulder issue- you start getting into a good routine and your on par, feeling strong and bam. like a kick in the balls. i just hit 265 on my military press and now my right shoulder is F'ing killing me. i cant even lay on my right side. I am so pissed off. i am in the same boat- there are few ideas but just hang in there bro. worst thing, dont aggravate it further. there will come a time when you can start to put pressure on it and you can test it then, too soon, as you know, youll be twice as screwed. keep us posted man

bradray5871

Awards
Switch to a cut and crank out the legs and cardio and let your wrist heal. Those compounds ( at least epi ) are good cutting compounds

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
for rear delts- if you have seen ronnie using the seating lat raise machine if you have one at your gym, you can position your self in there facing foward using your elbows- should elevate the use of wrists

if you have a self assisted dip machine at your gym, this will hep when your wrist get a little stronger- light wgt, both hands on the pad, start pushing with the strong hand on the positive and use the weak for the neg- just keep both on the pad and switch back and forth

also, you might want to use a fat grip- not sure if that is what they are still called, but its a bigger grip that you use over a bar. The cheap way to do this, go to walmart, cvs any place that sells pool toys. the long finger looking thing is what you want. buy 1 go home, cut a piece off and slice the middle so it will fit over the bar.
this will help to give you better grip strength and you wont be clinching so tightly- use for both hands