Debate: Anabolics on cut or not

Do you think anabolics are worth taking while cutting bodyfat

• Total voters

mrgoomba

Awards
Seen this question pop up a few times now that we are heading into the summer months and thought it would be a fun, and relevant to me :) debate.

We all know the affects of anabolics while in a calorie surplus: Increased muscle growth with less fat gain than training natty.

The debate: Should you take anabolics while in a calorie deficit (or even at maintenance) with the goal of dropping bodyfat (not necessary weight).

The arguments:
For: Anabolics will help preserve the hard earned muscle mass you gained during the bulk. The risk of adding hormones to your body is worth the reward of spared muscle while cutting.

Against: While you may preserve muscle mass, the anabolics will do minimal in the cutting of BF (this is diet dependent). The risk of adding hormones to your body is not worth the reward of the minimal muscle you will have sparred, with greater reward coming from a bulk.

So, are you "For" or "Against" using anabolics while trying to cut bodyfat. If you are "for", what anabolics do you prefer.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
FOR

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
not only can you gain lean mass during the cut but the vascularity and fullness that comes with it is well worth it to me..

mrgoomba

Awards
not only can you gain lean mass during the cut but the vascularity and fullness that comes with it is well worth it to me..
I'v never cut with anabolics... i personally feel that if I am going to introduce hormones into my body I want to get the most out of it, which would be maximum muscle gain in a calorie surplus. HOWEVER, the increased vascularity is something that i see high enough value in, specifically since I have poor vasculartiy now (of course, this could be due to bodyfat).

I might also argue that there is a bigger benefit in taking anabolics in a calorie deficit as you get closer to single digit bodyfat. Easier to cut fat when you are 15+ but as you creep closer to 10, I imagine cutting much more difficult.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seen this question pop up a few times now that we are heading into the summer months and thought it would be a fun, and relevant to me :) debate.

We all know the affects of anabolics while in a calorie surplus: Increased muscle growth with less fat gain than training natty.

The debate: Should you take anabolics while in a calorie deficit (or even at maintenance) with the goal of dropping bodyfat (not necessary weight).

The arguments:
For: Anabolics will help preserve the hard earned muscle mass you gained during the bulk. The risk of adding hormones to your body is worth the reward of spared muscle while cutting.

Against: While you may preserve muscle mass, the anabolics will do minimal in the cutting of BF (this is diet dependent). The risk of adding hormones to your body is not worth the reward of the minimal muscle you will have sparred, with greater reward coming from a bulk.

So, are you "For" or "Against" using anabolics while trying to cut bodyfat. If you are "for", what anabolics do you prefer.
If you're a professional athlete or you bank on your physique for monetary gains. ...no question. ..yes.

If you're not a pro or model...it's not that big of a deal.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I'v never cut with anabolics... i personally feel that if I am going to introduce hormones into my body I want to get the most out of it, which would be maximum muscle gain in a calorie surplus. HOWEVER, the increased vascularity is something that i see high enough value in, specifically since I have poor vasculartiy now (of course, this could be due to bodyfat).

I might also argue that there is a bigger benefit in taking anabolics in a calorie deficit as you get closer to single digit bodyfat. Easier to cut fat when you are 15+ but as you creep closer to 10, I imagine cutting much more difficult.
i like running an aggressive deficit while maintaining strength

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For lower doses. It doesn't take much to preserve muscle. But to maintain strength to also preserve muscle is key in a deficit.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FOR
I've cut plenty of times natural and would always appear depleted at the end. Noticeable enough that people would start questioning if I still went to the gym. This time around with 11oxo and epiandro, I maintained muscle density and fullness

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Use on cut, being lean while vascular and full during summer months. Plus on you look so much bigger while lean.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Depends on the compound, ie some are better in kcal deficit than others, so I guess in a black and white world Id be 'against' those. But otherwise

FOR

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Depends on the compound, ie some are better in kcal deficit than others, so I guess in a black and white world Id be 'against' those. But otherwise

FOR
I dont think no compound will prevent weight loss.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Anabolics all the time. /thread

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most competitive bodybuilders I know, and a lot compete at a pretty damn high level run,

Offseason: Low gear, low gh, high cals (What is low to them might be high to use though)
Contest Prep: VERY VERY High gear and Gh

The point of this is so you can grow into your prep..

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Unless you compete low doses for a cut, but still for.
But only the milder compounds.
If you want to use something harsh with high doses then try to get everything out of it!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again, for the average Joe who doesn't weigh 260 and about to get on stage and doesn't have $200 a month to spend on ancillaries alone, low doses on a cut. Garbage advice for regular folk to run monster doses in a deficit.

Good luck fighting your hunger too on a bunch of gear and GH.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
So many variables come into play, if you hold a massive amount of muscle tissue you are going to have to run a large dose of compounds during a cut to preserve muscle tissue odds are a lot of them as well. Muscle tissue is the best nutrient we have so if there is an abundance the body is going to want to rid itself of that first. If you have some decent muscle accumulated and want to lean out you don't have to go crazy with your compounds Little Test, with your choice of some of the following Tren the obvious, Masteron/Equipoise/Anavar/Epistane/Superdrol/Dmz/ and others but you get the point. Add in some Eca, Yohimbine, and maybe some T3 and you can get into nasty condition provided the diet is on point. My biggest pet peeve is when i have guys ask me what is the best 'cutter' or 'bulker'. Sure some are more applicable then others, example being Dianabol and bulking. But the diet will dictate what the outcome is they are hormones give them nutrients and put in the work for what ever your goal may be and it will happen its as simple as that.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is Icon transdermal 11-keto actual 11-ketotestosterone or 11 oxo?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is awesome TGB! going to stock up on 2 bottles.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
That is awesome TGB! going to stock up on 2 bottles.
Sweet, they are coming in soon, we will ship asap!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again, for the average Joe who doesn't weigh 260 and about to get on stage and doesn't have $200 a month to spend on ancillaries alone, low doses on a cut. Garbage advice for regular folk to run monster doses in a deficit.

Good luck fighting your hunger too on a bunch of gear and GH.
K boss..

Yup stupid advice yet it's the same advice many of the top trainers across America who dial in a **** ton of competitors and everyday people preach. There is a strong logic behind it and why it works so well.

Huge doses vary on size. For someone 170lbs a huge dose is small to someone 260.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
More muscle never hurts when trying to lose fat. Depending on the BF% you are starting with, you can still gain muscle in a deficit because your body has a ready store of kcals to feed into. Coming down from almost 300lbs, I was in a perpetual deficit for almost 2 years, and did DHEA derivative cycles with success. Yesterday I finished a -800kcal deficit Osta cut down 10lbs, ~2" but UP on Deads ~25lbs. Haven't looked at the Squat log, but finished the progressive program's required weight/reps 2 days ago with some left in the tank. Now, all I'll ever use is DHEA/SARM - maybe the "harder" stuff needs to be looked at differently?

FOR (DHEA/SARM anyway)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The point for higher gear when cutting is so you can actually grow into your cut, not just preserve muscle. It is very possible when enough gear is used and you have fresh receptors by minimal gear in the offseason. With 600mg/wk of Tren, I don't care what your caloric intake is assuming its not 500 cals lol, but even if under maintenance, if your protein intake is adequate and using Aminos, you will gain. Many competitors gain weight in the last weeks of prep for this very reason because they drive doses of tren extremely high and it is not fat.