Cycle support decrease effectiveness?

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Of course one should take use a cycle support/liver protector when using oral Anabolics/ph's...

I've read that taking milk thistle and/or NAC (both common liver aids in many cycle support sups) decreases the effectiveness of the orals you are taking, and that's why some people only take a liver aid AFTER their cycle and not during it.

Do you think milk thistle and/or NAC will cause orals to be not as strong/decrease the effectiveness?

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Until someone can give me the science behind it, it's non-sense. Supporting a liver AFTER it's incurred damage is mind boggling, irresponsible and just plain silly.

It's like wipeing your ass and then sheting

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Everything I've read over the years continues to point to milk thistle not being liver protective, opposite in most cases in fact. I would shy away from support supplements with milk thistle.

As for the effectiveness, if your support supplement includes DHB in it, which it should, this will increase the effectiveness of your oral! DHB inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme, decreasing breakdown by the liver of certain drugs, thus increasing effectiveness. This should make you want to take your support supplements religiously because it increases the effectiveness, including the side-effects.

The one that gets neglected is heart support. The support should also include heart protective supplements, this is just as important.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think it's bs, but to play it safe I spread the dose of cycle support a couple hours in-between doses of whatever compound I'm on, couldn't hurt to play it safe imo

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Everything I've read over the years continues to point to milk thistle not being liver protective, opposite in most cases in fact. I would shy away from support supplements with milk thistle.

As for the effectiveness, if your support supplement includes DHB in it, which it should, this will increase the effectiveness of your oral! DHB inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme, decreasing breakdown by the liver of certain drugs, thus increasing effectiveness. This should make you want to take your support supplements religiously because it increases the effectiveness, including the side-effects.

The one that gets neglected is heart support. The support should also include heart protective supplements, this is just as important.
Never heard about DHB being used on cycle to help with effectiveness but will definitely have to give it a try after reading up on it...Was looking at ar1macare pro and noticed it is an ingredient, so guess that's what I will go with

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I didn't want to come out and sound like a spokesman for OL AR1MACARE Pro, but that product is just solid for the majority of cycles out there. It's what I use. I was going to buy grapefruit juice until I saw the DHB!

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I didn't want to come out and sound like a spokesman for OL AR1MACARE Pro, but that product is just solid for the majority of cycles out there. It's what I use. I was going to buy grapefruit juice until I saw the DHB!
The only thing I don't personally like about it is the arimistane, but seeing that it doesn't effect me, it doesn't really matter haha, but yea it's a solid product as is their sup3r pct

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
The only thing I don't personally like about it is the arimistane, but seeing that it doesn't effect me, it doesn't really matter haha, but yea it's a solid product as is their sup3r pct
Curious as to why you do not like the mild otc AI Arimistane? It seems to not work for everyone but to some people it drys em out very well.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AR1MACARE PRO and SUP3R PCT are both excellent options. We will be releasing a PRO version of SUP3R PCT and another on cycle supplement this year which won't include any ai's, however it will be extremely comprehensive and will cover every base that needs covering! The PRO version of SUP3R PCT will also be a masterpiece :D

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curious as to why you do not like the mild otc AI Arimistane? It seems to not work for everyone but to some people it drys em out very well.
when we formulated AR1MACARE PRO we wanted it to be a true all in one supplement. We will be offering something for those who don't want the ai's soon enough.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always dose them togeher.

Reason I don't like AR1MACARE is because AIs shouldnt be run with most OTC orals because they are already try. The addition of arimistane makes it an incredibly limited use supplement. It obviously was just thrown into the mix when arimistane was the hot new supp to try to differentiate itself from other on cycle supports.

And I like Olympus labs but that supp makes no sense.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
AR1MACARE PRO and SUP3R PCT are both excellent options. We will be releasing a PRO version of SUP3R PCT and another on cycle supplement this year which won't include any ai's, however it will be extremely comprehensive and will cover every base that needs covering! The PRO version of SUP3R PCT will also be a masterpiece :D
When will these be released? I'm planning on running a cycle in 2-3 months and would love to incorporate them, maybe you could throw some my way to review

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I always dose them togeher.

Reason I don't like AR1MACARE is because AIs shouldnt be run with most OTC orals because they are already try. The addition of arimistane makes it an incredibly limited use supplement. It obviously was just thrown into the mix when arimistane was the hot new supp to try to differentiate itself from other on cycle supports.

And I like Olympus labs but that supp makes no sense.
Some people like to take ai's on cycle to prevent sides though..

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It personally does nothing for me, and I don't see the benefits in it for most cycles as joint discomfort tends to be bad with a lot of compounds and running an aromatize inhibitor with it (if arimistane works for you) would make this worse...Arimistane in post cycle is beneficial though for cortisol control for most, and for some, it may help prevent rebound

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Including Arimistane was one of the main reasons I picked it up because the PH I'm running aromatizes. All depends on what you're running I guess.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Yeah I just like asking questions.. it's a great way to learn. :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milk thistle can and will alter absorption.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar