Help with lab results

Ed726

Awards
Hi,
So im a fairly new member to this forum and have read through for the past week or so.
I am asking for help interpreting my lab results from some of the more knowledgeable guys. I'd like to hear what you think first and then I will give more info pertaining to these numbers.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

labs page 1.png

labs page 2.png

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
How old are you? Are you tired often btw?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Testosterone and estrogen are normal for your age, i dont know too much about all the values but the reference range shows you what is considered normal compared to your own values. Low hemoglobin can be linked to iron deficiency, which can be linked to fatigue and low energy. Id recommend taking an iron supplement for this or speaking with a doctor if thats who ordered the test. Hopefully others will chime in for more help.

Ed726

Awards
Trying to post but getting this error

"Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words."

im not posting any URL's..

Ed726

Awards
Ok thanks for taking the time.
Yes im hoping other will chime in.
Yes i realize the reference values are there but not sure if I should be going by them.

Here is my deal:
im 47 year old male with diabetes, high blood pressure, have 2 stents, sleep apnia, arthritis in hip.
My diabetes started approx 14 years ago at which time I was in the gym 5-6 days/week and 230lbs approx 14%bf.
WHAM, diabetes hits and in the first 1-1.5 yrs gain about 150lbs. I stopped looking at the scale at 350. Slowly my weight came down to 300 then 295 and then back in august I had the 2nd stent put in due to a 90% blockage.
At that point my health became priority #1.
NOTHING can be accomplished without getting blood sugar under control so I started a new endo and he put me on a different regimen plus I got real serious about getting it undder control. I constantly tested and took my shots and went strict on eating and started back at the gym averaging 4-5 days a week since august.
In 2 months my A1C went from almost 13 down to a 6.6. My current weight is 260, but I didnt just drop weight I am body recomping so weight on the scale would actually be lower but im maintaining / building muscle also. Yes it's a very slow process but it's working.
Having said all that all my conditions are under control, I can train as hard as I want to. I am focused on getting as lean as possible while not getting "skinny fat".

Ed726

Awards
I train well and eat well but I feel my body is fighting me....is this what 47 is all about, lol.
I have felt for the past year my test has been low. I dont want to go on trt but I have symptoms of low T. In the process of researching and reading all the time it could be other things that are not in balance, possibly not low T. Back in August when my new dr ran tests my T was 283, I felt is too low.
I have abdominal fat (though now a lot less through a lot of hard work) but i want to get lean, down to 10%bf if that is even possible.
So here i've been reading all information I can absorb and of course one things leads to another etc etc so im looking at E2 levels, dhea, dht and everything else.
I decide I want to run more labs on my own because my dr was hesitant to prescribe them so I did. Results are the ones you see above.
Im basically looking for help on things that look out of balance and if corrected will help my body produce quicker results and get me to where i want to be (if possible).
I've been supplementing with different things. I just started dermacrine and hemavol. Im not positive im going in the right direction though.
Ive been eating a lot of broccoli and estrogen reducing food/supplements but looking at the E2 number of 14, isn't that extremely low?
My dr. has labeled my as hypogonadial.
Low E2 can be the cause all of my problems I think but want to hear what others think on that, plus all the other numbers too now that I gave all the info.
TIA.

Ed726

Awards
I just realized maybe this should be in the anti aging forum?
Just wanted to add one of the main things I want to accomplish is to get back morning wood and spontaneous erections, which are non existant. I know it's not a nerve issue because i can hammer in nails sometimes it's so hard but im not getting morning/spontaneous wood.
Thx

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not a doctor but I see some doctors have already weighed in. You might want to discuss medical issues with actual doctors though.

Ed726

Awards
I'm not a doctor but I see some doctors have already weighed in. You might want to discuss medical issues with actual doctors though.
Yup, no worries i'm just looking for some info that I can look into, i'm not following any internet doctors per say....just looking for direction and things that I can look further into.
Much appreciated.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yup, no worries i'm just looking for some info that I can look into, i'm not following any internet doctors per say....just looking for direction and things that I can look further into.
Much appreciated.
Just saying, you're doc would be the best one to ask these questions.

Ed726

Awards
Just saying, you're doc would be the best one to ask these questions.
I will be, but sometimes docs will only tell you what they think you only need to know. I'm just looking for all the info from all sides.
Thx