Test E cycle advice

clk

clk

Awards
i got my hands on a cycle of test e the other day. i was planning on running it at TRT levels (250MG a week) for around 12 weeks. there are several reasons that i dont want to do a big cycle of the stuff. for one, it will be my first pinned cycle and i would like to get a feel for the compound. secondly, im competing in a strongman event on june 4th and dont want to gain so much weight that i end up in the mens heavy weight open class with all the monsters. lastly, im not looking to gain 100# on my deadlift just to lose it when my test levels drop to normal. basically what i am after is to gain strength that my natural test levels will be able to maintain once i am off the compound.

once i run this at 250mg, i will get a feel for what i would like to dose any other cycles later on.

have any of you guys ran anything similar to this? what was your experience?
what advice would you guys give for a cycle at this dose?

im sure someone will ask. so here are the stats.

6'5@265, ive done several oral cycles, the most recent being a very useless 1/4 andro and the most potent being m-drol/p-plex stack. just finished the cube method and currently running candito strength programming along with strongman work twice a week. i eat half a cow, 2 chickens, 8 chicken babies, and 2 gardens a day.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't run 250, you will gain nothing expect libido. 500mg will not make you pack on weight, especially true muscle. Maybe a tad of water weight depending how sensitive you are but an AI can prevent that issue from occurring.

Test alone does not bulk one up and make them gain a lot of weight. Keep calories in check and you are fine.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
6ft5 265..not a monster? :D..but yeah basically what critical said bro

clk

clk

Awards
so 250 wouldnt be very beneficial? i have read some blood work from guys on another site that ran trt level test. their levels were a little over the high end of average. figured that i would be able to make some decent gains with those levels. i may go ahead and run 500 then. **** it.

clk

clk

Awards
6ft5 265..not a monster? :D..but yeah basically what critical said bro
haha the guy i train with is 6'4 355. im no monster.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
haha the guy i train with is 6'4 355. im no monster.
I'm a 220lb 5ft 9 manlet dude..you guys are big to me :D

clk

clk

Awards
I'm a 220lb 5ft 9 manlet dude..you guys are big to me :D
That's not very small lol. You're still pretty big.

clk

clk

Awards
Ok... so I did the math. I have enough for 500 a week. So I'll go ahead and try it at that dose until the event. Damn.... Ima have to do cardio to stay under weight. I hate cardio.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything over 8 reps is cardio! Ha

Excited to see the gains.

contro

Awards
Ok... so I did the math. I have enough for 500 a week. So I'll go ahead and try it at that dose until the event. Damn.... Ima have to do cardio to stay under weight. I hate cardio.
Eat less?

JG93

JG93

Awards
Yea 500 is a great first cycle.
You will definitely see gains as well.
It does aromatise so get a good AI.

clk

clk

Awards
Anything over 8 reps is cardio! Ha

Excited to see the gains.
No kidding! But this particular event has quite a bit of a conditioning aspect to it. So I'll have to actually do real cardio this time. Bleh. But I can qualify for nationals if I do well ? so it will be worth it. I plan to start it on the 1st. Gotta get my hands on the support and pct. Plus I have to wait for my labs to get back.

clk

clk

Awards
Eat less?
That sir... is not an option ?? if I do that, there will be Be a body count. If anything, I'll nut up and go to the next weight class.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You dont need cardio, you need to manipulate your diet. People do diet on test and still gain strength.. and a "Tad" of muscle and completely change the shape and appearance of their physique.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You dont need cardio, you need to manipulate your diet. People do diet on test and still gain strength.. and a "Tad" of muscle and completely change the shape and appearance of their physique.

clk

clk

Awards
yea thats what i figure i will have to do. i have a few months to figure out what my body weight will do while on the compound. so i will adjust my diet as needed. luckily i am naturally really lean. so i dont think that i will have any issues making weight. if i do, then i will just join the next weight class.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea thats what i figure i will have to do. i have a few months to figure out what my body weight will do while on the compound. so i will adjust my diet as needed. luckily i am naturally really lean. so i dont think that i will have any issues making weight. if i do, then i will just join the next weight class.
When do you weigh in? If the day before, 25-50mg of HCTZ can drop a good 5-10 pounds depending on how much you naturally retain.. some salt, fluids, and carbs will reverse the issue in minutes after weigh ins. I wouldn't do it day of though.

clk

clk

Awards
When do you weigh in? If the day before, 25-50mg of HCTZ can drop a good 5-10 pounds depending on how much you naturally retain.. some salt, fluids, and carbs will reverse the issue in minutes after weigh ins. I wouldn't do it day of though.
The weigh in is day of unfortunately. With it being my first pin, I'm really considering just gaining what I can and competing with the big boys. I won't be able to win, or even come close, but I will be much stronger than now. Still unsure though.
Originally the heavy weight class was supposed to start at 270. Which would have given me room to play. But now I'm in the same predicament I was trying to avoid with powerlifting... competing with the giants.

clk

clk

Awards
I'm picking up all my ancillaries today. During my research, ive found mixed opinions on running hcg at the 500mg dose. What are yalls opinions on this?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm picking up all my ancillaries today. During my research, ive found mixed opinions on running hcg at the 500mg dose. What are yalls opinions on this?
250 twice a week, 500 twice a week.. people do all sorts of things. Considering hcg isn't stable for much more than a month mixed, anything less than 500iu twice a week will result in you throwing some out. HCG is not active for long.. so I prefer EOD dosing to maintain, or ED dosing to recover. 250iu EOD is perfect imo. Assuming you are getting 5000iu amps.

clk

clk

Awards
I meant running hcg while running test at 500mg. My bad. I was rushing when I wrote that

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I meant running hcg while running test at 500mg. My bad. I was rushing when I wrote that
HCG with test is fine. Not sure if I am understanding your question though.

clk

clk

Awards
Ok. Sorry my verbiage is all over haha.
Is hcg on a 500mg a week test e cycle an absolute necessity? I have heard an equal amount of yes and no. I've looked for peer reviewed journal articles on it and couldn't find any.

I also couldn't find hcg as well. At least not yet. But I do have the other ancillaries.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just test, no not 100% needed imo. You will be okay without it.