Would you consider prohormones...

Rae

Awards
So for a police exam one of the questions is have you ever injected or done steriods would you consider doing prohormones steriods?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes cause most "pro hormones" are active steroids.

contro

Awards
INTERESTING question. I guess if you took a lie detector test and you truly convinced yourself that because PH are "only" precursors to actual AAS, that you technically didn't directly take steroids, then you would pass it but if the cops asked me I would say no, knowing I could fall back on the technicality that he asked steroids not prohormones. But if a friend asked then I would be honest but explain the distinction to him as well

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
So for a police exam one of the questions is have you ever injected or done steriods would you consider doing prohormones steriods?
"Injected or done steroids".... I can only assume they mean orals also.

Rae

Awards
Yea but would you consider prohormones to be "steriods"

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
with an injectable testosterone base yes... not oral only crappy ass cycles ( sry but thats how i feel)
your body used test for many function in the body, using steroids with not even a test base is a bad idea, yeah many do it, doesnt make it smart OR optimal for gains and health

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
Just for clarification ....is the exam question asking have you taken steroids illegally.

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
Ding ding he answered your question,so why are you trying to ask the same question but worded differently
Obviously you have never been taken in for questioning ... :)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lie detectors are also fairly easy to manipulate and give false readings all the time.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would just be upfront and say you messed with an otc prohormone, but idk if that would ruin the job opportunity so idek

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
I would just be upfront and say you messed with an otc prohormone, but idk if that would ruin the job opportunity so idek
Maybe I don't understand the problem, why is it an issue as long as the PH was legal.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I'm in the police academy. Almost finished to. I never had that question. You'd be surprised how many officers use gear lol

Rae

Awards
Mind me asking what state and why you didnt finish? Again you dont need to answer just curious

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
To directly answer your question: Yes, PHs are considered "steroids".
Different police organizations ask different questions and unless you luck out then expect to be questioned about steroids, and any other illegal drugs, activities, etc.
You may also be asked if you have researched "how to beat a polygraph" as a question.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just say, "uh yeah I have, I'm not a puss y."

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
To directly answer your question: Yes, PHs are considered "steroids".
Different police organizations ask different questions and unless you luck out then expect to be questioned about steroids, and any other illegal drugs, activities, etc.
You may also be asked if you have researched "how to beat a polygraph" as a question.
Do you know how many officers use gear? Lol. It's a lot!

linuxjon

Awards
Clearly the question is referring to illegal AAS, the "steroids" most people picture the Russian shooting up with in Rocky IV

If you've only done legal, OTC PH's, then certainly you shouldn't answer yes to this question. For their purposes, and for the intent of this question, running OTC PH's is no different than having taken creatine.

crgsander

Awards
Clearly the question is referring to illegal AAS, the "steroids" most people picture the Russian shooting up with in Rocky IV

If you've only done legal, OTC PH's, then certainly you shouldn't answer yes to this question. For their purposes, and for the intent of this question, running OTC PH's is no different than having taken creatine.
This

Thefatbloke

Awards
  • Established
Vit D3 is a steroid hormone. I guess everyone would have to answer yes.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yeah, he should start off his new career with a lie. Good advice!

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes 100% honesty isn't always the best policy. Given that the question is framed "have you ever injected or done steroids" it's clear that the intent is to see if he's broken the law by purchasing illegal products, presumably from an underground lab (or at least willing or dumb enough to admit that he has). I seriously doubt that the intent of the question is to try to "bust" every guy who may have taken a otc "prohormone" (designer steroid) at some point in their life. Especially since, aside from athletic competition, they were, and in some cases still are, a perfectly legal product to purchase and use.

linuxjon

Awards
Interpreting the question as its intended is not a lie. Why would his potential employer care about his legal use of OTC supplements? Would you say he should answer "yes" if he was legally being administered TRT by a doctor too?

Sometimes 100% honesty isn't always the best policy. Given that the question is framed "have you ever injected or done steroids" it's clear that the intent is to see if he's broken the law by purchasing illegal products, presumably from an underground lab (or at least willing or dumb enough to admit that he has). I seriously doubt that the intent of the question is to try to "bust" every guy who may have taken a otc "prohormone" (designer steroid) at some point in their life. Especially since, aside from athletic competition, they were, and in some cases still are, a perfectly legal product to purchase and use.
This. Even if he had illegally purchased something like Superdrol post-ban, he should answer yes. But if he's buying LEGAL OTC products, he should answer no.

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
The question was whether or not he has used steroids. The answer is yes.
Technically speaking I guess that would be correct but what sense would it make for him to answer the question that way unless he wants to ensure that he doesn't get the job.

Lets say that they guy ran an injectable cycle five years ago purchased from an underground lab but wasn't arrested or ever tested positive for steroids. No one can possibly prove it or even knows except for him. Why would anyone in their right mind admit to breaking the law under the above circumstances and on a job application no less? This isn't church and the guy isn't confessing his sins to a priest so that he can feel good about himself.

While honesty in general is a good policy in the real world 100% honesty 100% of the time may not always be advisable or in your best interests.

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
No matter how you slice it ...if the question is "have you ever used steroids" and you have taken a PH, then the answer is yes...besides your wanting to become a police officer so start off being honest and ethical...besides twisting the truth to suit your situation is for lawyers.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
No matter how you slice it ...if the question is "have you ever used steroids" and you have taken a PH, then the answer is yes...besides your wanting to become a police officer so start off being honest and ethical...besides twisting the truth to suit your situation is for lawyers.
No offense but it's easy to expect someone else to be the white knight paragon of virtue when it isn't your potential livelihood at stake. I don't find it reasonable or realistic to expect this guy to beat himself up and punish himself for life and potentially talk himself out of a good job because at one point he took a product that was perfectly legal to purchase and use at the time but was technically speaking considered a steroid.

I imagine if he really wanted to he could answer yes and elaborate "At one time I took a legal otc product that technically could be considered a designer steroid." But quite frankly that's drawing far more attention to it than it's really worth. It isn't like this is 1984 and the guy is being brought in by the Thought Police for interrogation.The time and effort that the people on this thread have put into posting regarding this question is likely far greater than the interest that the people handing out the police exam have in it's answer especially given the fact that there are plenty of police officers on steroids themselves and it isn't like any of them are going to get arrested for it any time soon.

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
No offense but it's easy to expect someone else to be the white knight paragon of virtue when it isn't your potential livelihood at stake. I don't find it reasonable or realistic to expect this guy to beat himself up and punish himself for life and potentially talk himself out of a good job because at one point he took a product that was perfectly legal to purchase and use at the time but was technically speaking considered a steroid.

I imagine if he really wanted to he could answer yes and elaborate "At one time I took a legal otc product that technically could be considered a designer steroid." But quite frankly that's drawing far more attention to it than it's really worth. It isn't like this is 1984 and the guy is being brought in by the Thought Police for interrogation.The time and effort that the people on this thread have put into posting regarding this question is likely far greater than the interest that the people handing out the police exam have in it's answer especially given the fact that there are plenty of police officers on steroids themselves and it isn't like any of them are going to get arrested for it any time soon.

Hey man no offense taken...

I was in my own way just saying that honesty would probably be a good way too go.

I was just giving my opinion in responce of the advice someone else had posted about lying and dishonesty being a good thing as long as you get what you want.

I believe the original question was "would you consider doing prohormones steriods?"

And I believe that the OP is wanting to make sure that he answers honestly or else he would have just said no on the exam and this thread would not exist.

Of course all of this is just my opinion.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Technically speaking I guess that would be correct but what sense would it make for him to answer the question that way unless he wants to ensure that he doesn't get the job.

Lets say that they guy ran an injectable cycle five years ago purchased from an underground lab but wasn't arrested or ever tested positive for steroids. No one can possibly prove it or even knows except for him. Why would anyone in their right mind admit to breaking the law under the above circumstances and on a job application no less? This isn't church and the guy isn't confessing his sins to a priest so that he can feel good about himself.

While honesty in general is a good policy in the real world 100% honesty 100% of the time may not always be advisable or in your best interests.
This speaks volumes about his integrity as a police officer and as a human being.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
This speaks volumes about his integrity as a police officer and as a human being.
You're making far more out of this question that it merits. It isn't like "coming clean" about his having taken a legal otc product is taking some kind of heroic stand for moral integrity in society. I'd be willing to bet that even if he answered "At one time I took a legal otc product that technically could be considered a designer steroid." that his response would be met with little more than indifference.

The fact that Ronnie Coleman was a cop and obviously was on a ton of gear (and it isn't like he's an isolated incident) highlights the hypocrisy of the system or of even bothering to ask applicants the question for that matter since it clearly doesn't appear to be of that much concern to them that they have officers on the job who are on steroids.

But then again who knows, maybe it's a trick question and answering yes not only won't be held against you but scores you brownie points instead.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're making far more out of this question that it merits. It isn't like "coming clean" about his having taken a legal otc product is taking some kind of heroic stand for moral integrity in society. I'd be willing to bet that even if he answered "At one time I took a legal otc product that technically could be considered a designer steroid." that his response would be met with little more than indifference.

The fact that Ronnie Coleman was a cop and obviously was on a ton of gear (and it isn't like he's an isolated incident) highlights the hypocrisy of the system or of even bothering to ask applicants the question for that matter since it clearly doesn't appear to be of that much concern to them that they have officers on the job who are on steroids.

But then again who knows, maybe it's a trick question and answering yes not only won't be held against you but scores you brownie points instead.
Just seems childish to start comparing yourself to others and saying, "well they did such and such".....Just because other people are doing it doesn't make it the right thing to do. Be a leader, not a follower, set an example instead of having an example made out of you.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
Be a leader, not a follower, set an example instead of having an example made out of you.
Right because whether or not someone, in this case someone applying for a job, has ever taken some kind of AAS at one point in their lives is such a huge issue for today's society that we need heroes to make a stand on it. In the over all scheme of things this is completely insignificant.

It would impress me a heck of a lot more if people in the police department would "Be a leader, not a follower, set an example etc." when it comes to issues such as abuse of power, police brutality and the fact that many of them seem to have forgotten that they are public servants and instead act as if they were an occupying army and treat the public like the enemy.

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
It would impress me a heck of a lot more if people in the police department would "Be a leader, not a follower, set an example etc." when it comes to issues such as abuse of power, police brutality and the fact that many of them seem to have forgotten that they are public servants and instead act as if they were an occupying army and treat the public like the enemy.
There are so many different directions I could go with most of your post in this thread, but l just want to point out that you are supporting lying and deception then are complaining that not all cops act with integrity. I bet the one's your complaining about started off by lying on their exams..lol.

I mean really... what if everyone acted in the way you seem to support. Where would we be.

Just remember you reap what you sow, more than you sow, later than you sow

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
There are so many different directions I could go with most of your post in this thread, but l just want to point out that you are supporting lying and deception then are complaining that not all cops act with integrity. I bet the one's your complaining about started off by lying on their exams..lol.
My point is that of all the potential serious issues that you could raise concerning the police, in the overall scheme of things raking someone over the coals for at one time taking a LEGAL product is taking something that is totally insignificant and blowing it way out of proportion. I don't expect cops to be an embodiment of moral perfection on Earth or anyone applying for the job to have lived a life of utter perfection. And anyone who says that they are, or have always been 100% honest 100% of the time through their entire lifetime is completely full of crap, must be a living saint or has a very childlike naivete and optimism about how the real world operates.