First Cycle

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I've introduced myself on here before but I guess it's been too long since I've logged on. I'm 35 5'10" 212lbs and between 15-16% BF using a 7-site pinch test. My diet will be on point for my cycle, I've been slowly (very slowly) recovering from a shoulder impingement issue and that has been a rough thing to overcome.

I've been reading on this forum and EF and a couple others for a few years now, making sure to read and learn as much as possible. Some info has remained intact while some stuff has evolved with time and technology. I first put this cycle together about a year ago when I was closer to 12% BF, I have yet to break the 10% mark and that's ok with me now. My goals have changed and I'm ok being anywhere from 10-15% bodyfat, my goals have shifted to being stronger and healthier and injury free. I've had some conflicting research and discussions on how much and when to start HCG in my cycle so I'd love some input from you guys. I ordered everything today that's listed and can't wait to start, like I said it's been a long time getting to the point of actually pulling the plug on this, but I wanted to be in better physical condition. A year ago I could barely do a barbell bench or a pressing movement without my shoulder being in horrific pain and almost popping/burning.

Since this is my first cycle I wanted to keep it fairly simple, I threw in the Dbol as a kickstart (even though I know it's best to keep the first cycle as basic as possible)

1-12 Test e 500mg/week (split doses)
1-12 Arom 12.5mg EOD
1-4 Dbol 30mg/day preworkout
13-14 off cycle
Clo 50/50/25/25
Nolv 40/40/20/20

I have a 5000iu kit of HCG on its way as well but I've read take it 1000iu/week during 8-12, and I've also read/been told to use it week 12-15 at 1000iu/week

I also ordered 25g 1" pins and 5cc syringes to use. (I went with one size because of the sachets)

Any help is very appreciated. Also what kind of liver support is still used these days? I know milk thistle is debatable and a lot of people are using NTB M products but I have mixed reviews on their stuff as well.

Thanks for reading and for input!

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, I actually just read about using HCG at 500iu/ed for 10 days starting the next day after my last pin of test. Sort of a way to blast the HCG at the end of my cycle before starting my PCT. What are your thoughts?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't comment on the hcg protocol much. Cycle set up looks good though man. Look into TUDCA for liver protection while on the Dbol.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Looks good man, I personally have never used HCG myself and haven't had problems with recovery, had 2 kids as well. Some people swear by it, I'd say it's preference personally. Everyone is different though.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
Are you going to log this?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Re-read the cycle... There could be a couple of tweaks actually.

I personally like to tape the PCT, so as you have:

Clomid- 50/50/25/25
Nolva- 40/40/20/20

I would go:

Clomid- 50/25/25/12.5
Nolva- 40/40/20/10

I thought that I originally saw that you taped more than that.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be keeping a fairly detailed log for myself, maybe I will log it "officially" on here. I hadn't thought of doing so but it's a good idea, thanks!

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
*Update*

My ancillaries were delayed a few days (thanks customs) so in a panic I ordered the same things from a domestic source. Then today the first order arrived, so I guess I'll have lots of extras. I'm getting bloods done in the a.m. and then coming home to power down some food and pin.

Should I space out my 30mg dbol? Or take it all at once? I'm reading pros and cons to taking it spread throughout the day for blood levels vs. all at once 30 minutes before workout. Also if I'm taking my Aromasin 12.5 EOD should I take it with the dbol or just first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Again, lots of conflicting reasoning out there and not sure what the current 2016 concensus is.

I'm going to start tapering up my diet this week since I've been on a cut. Tomorrow starts 3,000 calories at a 40/40/20 split using as much whole foods as possible. I'm ised to repetitive eating so I'm not concerned with flavor so much as incremental calories over the next 12-weeks. I will be pinching weekly and adjusting as needed to gain as much lean mass as possible with minimal fat gain.

I'll try and update daily with workout logs; exercise and rep/set/tempo. This week is 4x8-8 drop sets so it should be fun.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would suggest waiting until your blood work results come back before starting in case something is wrong.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Officially calling day 1 of my cycle Thursday 3/24/2016 which is also the date of the attached blood work. Rookie mistake - I pinned before this blood work as my ancillaries were supposed to arrive but were delayed 4 days. So unfortunately my baseline pre-cycle blood work is a few months before this but these results really show me that my gear is gtg. Live and learn, from now on I will make sure to order things 30-45 days in advance of a cycle and really plan ahead on blood work. I've been reading on forums about AAS for years before making the jump into pinning and I still managed to jump the gun due to bad planning. Oh well, I can only do better from here on out. I spent last week doing some full body work and mobility stuff to make sure everything was good and ready to progress into full throttle from here on out.

Here's my current workout -

Day 1 -

SS -
Cable Cross Over 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Pronated Chin-Up 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 90 secs
SS -
DB Neutral Grip Press 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs (can't do bench with any other grip due to shoulder)
Seated Rowing V 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 90 secs
SS -
BB Standing Curl 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
DB Farmer’s Walk 4 x 60 secs 90 secs
SS -
Preacher Curl 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 30 secs
Incline DB Curl (60 degrees incline) 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 60 secs

Day 2 -
SS -
DB Split Squat 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Leg Curl 1 Leg 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 90 secs
SS -
BB Back Squat 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
BB Romanian Deadlift 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 120 secs
SS -
Leg Press 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Standing Calf Raise 4 x 6-6 Dropset 202 10 secs
Tall Kneeling Pallf Press 4 x 8 (5 secs hold) 60 secs

Day 3 -
SS -
Chest Supported Row 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
DB Reverse Fly 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 60 secs
SS -
DB Military Press 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Rope Pushdown 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 60 secs
SS -
Lying Triceps Extension 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Triceps Dips 4 x Max 202 60 secs (Might supplement with pushdowns due to shoulder issues)
SS -
Incline Reverse Crunch 4 x 8 to 20 201 10 secs
DB Turkish Get-Ups 4 x 8 – side 60 secs

Rest 1 day then repeat.
I'll be doing this for four weeks and then moving into my next phase.

Calories as of now are:
3,000 with a 40/40/20
300g Protein/300g Carbs/67g Fat
Daily Multivitamin
B-12/C/Taurine/NAC/Probiotics/Apple Cider Vinegar (2Tbsp daily)/Psyllium Husk for added fiber

Meal 1:
10 egg whites
2 Tbsp Natural PB
2 slices Ezekial bread

Meal 2:
6.5 oz Boneless chicken breast
1 cup white long grain rice
2 tsp cod liver oil

Meal 3:
6-8 oz of steak or salmon
1 cup white long grain rice

Meal 4 (post workout):
2 scoops whey protein
1 cup whole grain oats
(Possibly 16oz unsweetened almond milk)

Meal 5:
6-7 oz boneless chicken breast
1 cup white rice
2 Tbsp EVOO

Meal 6:
1 cup low fat/fat free cottage cheese

*there are veggies in the mix but I don't always count them, if I feel full I leave them out so I can get in my macros, but try to get in 1-2 cups a day if I can*

My plan is to swap out my proteins/carbs/fats every week or so, but this is the basics I'm going on right now based on what I have in the house. Trying to save money by eating some of the same foods the wife is eating as well. She's currently on day 4 of a Clen cycle as well, lets hope both of our moods stay balanced for the next few months haha. Once we assess her reaction to Clen we might add in some Var but for now we are both taking things slow and making sure we get our micro/macronutrients as well as hit all of our workouts with maximum effort.

3:2016 Bloodwork.jpg

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Layout and macros look good man. Do your best to stick to the plan. The test will take a while to notice physically but with the dbol in the mix you'll probably be happy and seeing changes within 3 or 4 weeks.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Layout and macros look good man. Do your best to stick to the plan. The test will take a while to notice physically but with the dbol in the mix you'll probably be happy and seeing changes within 3 or 4 weeks.
Thank you, I know it's only day 4 and I am eager to see results or feel them. I will stay the course and stick to the plan. I don't plan on wasting any time or energy on this cycle so that's why I researched and tried to plan ahead as best as I could.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mods - if this should be in the log forum please move it. Thanks!

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking this first round this week to feel out my strong parts and weak ones, I was feeling really weak for biceps today but had an amazing pump. I had a small muscle spasm in my mid right lat last week that I had to get electro therapy and ultrasound but I did a nice warm up on the rower today and had a great lift. Diet has been perfect today and water intake is at 1.5 gallons. I feel really heavy and bloated. No nipple sensitivity and still getting morning wood so I don't know if my body is just adjusting to the gear or what. I know the dbol causes water retention but I'm walking around really full. However my back and bicep pump today was insane, it's only the first week so I'm not taking pics yet. I know the water retention is high though, I weighed 220.0lb on the dot this morning; that's over 7lbs higher than Thursday's weigh in. I pinned my left delt today, not much pip which is great and I think working some back/bi's today got the blood flowing through that arm; today was also 10mg dbol in the morning and 20mg an hour before workout, still doing 12.5mg aromasin EOD. I'm wondering if I should add more water to the mix to maybe flush some out. I haven't been watching my sodium intake but we don't use salt on anything, just mrs. dash if needed.

SS -
Today was: 33lb-27/36-33/40-36/40-36lbs
Pronated Chin-Up 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 90 secs
Today: Went with underhand straight bar pull downs instead, I feel too heavy and water logged to do a chin-up. 115-100/130-115/145-130/145-130

SS -
DB Neutral Grip Press 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs (can't do bench with any other grip due to shoulder)
Today - 50-40/55-50/60-50/65-55
Today: 115-100/130-115/145-130/160-145

SS -
Today: (felt weak) 70-50lbs (all sets)

SS -
Today: 55-35/75-55/75-55/75-55
Incline DB Curl (60 degrees incline) 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 60 secs
Today: 20-10/20-10/20-10/20-10lbs

Tomorrow is legs again, I haven't noticed anything in the way of faster recovery. I'm hoping that aspect starts to kick in by week 2-3.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was a good day, I'm not sure if the dbol is causing lower back pain/pumps or what but I started getting super tight after about 20 minutes in the gym. I had to do some mid-workout hamstring band stretching inbetween deadlifts and I never felt confident enough to lift heavy. Next leg day is Thursday so I will doing some major IT band/hip flexor/hammie stretching and mobility for the next few days. I just foam rolled my hammies/glutes and used a ball on my IT band last night in preparation for today but it wasn't enough. I feel like I'm going a bit light on my workouts right now but I'm playing it safe as most of my workouts last 4-5 weeks before I rotate them very much and I'm trying to plan ahead for that week 4 (hopeful) sweet spot where everyone has told me my cycle will really start to take off. I figure that gives me a few weeks to really dial in my diet (which it already is now) and remain consistent for those intense days to come. I know my body and I know that I love to lift heavy so I won't go too hard too fast and risk an injury before the fun begins. I have a few questions below that I hope some of you can chime in on, appreciate all the help and advice. I'm feeling stronger and fuller already and I know it's not placebo effect, the scale has gone up (probably water weight I know), blood work showed my gear is legit, and my shirts are fitting tighter and my waist is actually looking slimmer (even better). I do walk around a bit bloated right now but I went from a caloric deficit at around 2,300-2,500 calories a day to a consistent 3,000 calories a day and a slight increase in water to help with the dbol bloat, I'm expecting my metabolism to shift a bit by the end of next week and hopefully my body will adjust to all the extra calories and water and things will even out.

If anyone can chime in -
1) is the lower back pump/tightness really this common with dbol? Any way around it?
2) My water intake right now is consistently at a minimum of 1.5 gallons a day, and around 3-4pm the past few days I am getting slight headaches and trying to avoid any ibuprofren/aspiring as I want my liver as clean as possible. Is this normal? Is it not enough water? Is it the aromasin? dbol? test?
3) I can't find any specifics on *one size fits all* for aromasin. I'm taking 12.5g EOD but what should I be looking for physically/mentally? or feeling for emotionally/physically that will tell me whether or not I need to increase or decrease the aromasin? As of now my libido is good(actually feel it increasing almost every day), no nipple sensitivity (and no I'm not playing with them like some odd jobs). I'm actually feeling pretty decent although today I was a bit tired around 12-1pm, but I've been told that dbol can make me a bit tired so I'm hoping it's just that.
4) Since I'm on test e/dbol/aromasin - when I drop the dbol after week 4 should I get blood work the beginning of week 5?

Leg Day -
SS -
Today: 25-15lbs for all 3 drop sets.
Leg Curl 2-Legs 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 90 secs
Today: 120-110/120-110/120-90

SS -
Today: 135lb warm up then 185-135lbs/(Switched to box squats due to my lower back getting super tight) 185-135/205-135
Today: 155-135/185-135/185-135 (my lower back had a serious pump or tightness, maybe it's the dbol????)

SS -
Leg Press 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs (No leg press today due to my lower back and the style of leg press at this gym)
*Seated* Calf Raise 4 x 6-6 Dropset 202 10 secs
Today: 70-45/80-45/90-45lbs
Today: 20lbs for all sets

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would suggest waiting until your blood work results come back before starting in case something is wrong.
I saw your hcg advice in another thread, do you mind chiming in on mine since I can't seem to get many consistent answers about how to run it. Thanks in advance!

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a killer workout today and the pumps lately are getting intense. My arms and chest are getting a pump no matter what I'm working and I can see much fuller muscles (probably water) but it's keeping me motivated in the gym for those moments that lack intensity. I feel like the lower back pumps are a bit intense but I'm warming up with 5 minutes of treadmill walking and making sure to stretch my lats and lower back regardless of what muscle group I'm working for the day. I did a few warm up sets today and then got into the working sets (listed below). I feel my strength coming back and I think I'm starting to feel recovered faster as leg day didn't put me down for 3 days like it usually does. Tomorrow is a rest day but I plan on doing some LISS cardio and maybe hitting some traps and calves as I feel those are two very weak points for me. Diet just keeps getting better and better, haven't had any alcohol in awhile which is great, but I'm also not craving it due to the focus I have being on gear and not wanting to waste my time/money/energy. The bloating finally started going down today, my stomach was really full and bloated yesterday and I think part of it is being a bit backed up (constipated) the past couple of days, I'm not sure if that's a side effect or just my body adjusting to all the food; regardless I'm hoping it's done and over with and now I can move forward not looking like a pregnant man with 2 gallons of water in his gut at the gym. Tomorrow is technically my 4th pin, but i'm still not counting that first pin so lets just call it 3rd pin, I'm still on aromasin 12.5mg EOD and 10mg Dbol. I had planned on ordering some 3cc syringes since the ones I have are 5cc, but they are working just fine, it's just time consuming to draw with the vacuum and a 25g needle.

Todays Meals:
Meal 1:
1 Carton Liquid Egg Whites (10 egg whites)
2 slices ezekial toast with natural peanut butter
1200mg NAC, Multivitamin, B-12, Vit-C, Probiotic, Taurine

Meal 2:
1 cup Quaker Oats
2 scoops ON Gold Standard Chocolate Whey in water

Meal 3:
6.5oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup long grain white rice
1tsp EVOO

Meal 4: (this is my treat!)
8oz Almond Milk
Trader Joes Almond Cluster Cereal (55g)
1 Carton Liquid Egg Whites (10 Egg Whites)
1 - Chocolate Chip Cliff Bar

Meal 5:
6.5oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
200g Mashed Russet Potato w/ skin

Meal 6:
4oz OJ (behind on carbs)
226g - 2% lowfat cottage cheese

3,000 calories - 312g Protein/296g Carbs/61g Fat

Today's Shoulder/Back/Tricep routine

SS -
Chest Supported Row (Freeweight machine) 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Today: 70-45/90-80/100-90/100-90lbs
Today: 15-10/15-10/20-15/20-15lbs

SS -
Today: 50-45/60-50/65-50/65-45lbs
Today: 80-70/80-70/80-70/80-70lbs

SS -
Today: Straightbar 60-50/60-50/60-50/70-50
DB Tricep Kickbacks 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 60 secs
Today: 15-10/15-10/15-10/15-10lbs

SS -
Machine Oblique twists - 3x10
Today: 70lbs/50lbs/50lbs
Stability Ball Crunches - 3x10
Pronated Superman's - 3x10

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3rd Official pin today and all is good except for a slightly tender right delt. I'm not liking pinning delts so far, I think I'll try the quads next week. This morning was my weekly check in, it's normally Saturday mornings but the wife works super early and I can't skip breakfast to wait for her so I'm working with her schedule. Overall I'm pretty happy with the numbers, obviously my body fat needs to come down a lot more and my lean mass numbers are probably skewed due to excess water weight. I will pinch once a week to continue to update this thread and my progress.

Today was my off day but I did about 6-8 sets of 10-12 reps of dumbbell shrugs and upright rows. I even threw in a few sets of calf raises in between the sets I was spotting my wife on her chest day. I wasn't feeling bad today but around 2:30-3pm I just felt drained. I had a meal and drank another liter of water and I'm ok now but I think my body is feeling the Test (or lack of). I'm really hoping things change soon as I'm really looking forward to a little more aggression in the gym and less lethargy.

3/24/16
Body fat - 17.22%
Weight - 212.4lb
Lean mass - 175.82lb
Fat mass - 36.58lb
Caliper Measurements -
Abdominals - 24.5mm
Chest - 8mm
Thigh - 21mm
Tricep - 10mm
Subscapular - 22.5mm
Midaxillary - 16.5mm
Suprailiac - 12.5mm

3/31/16
Body fat - 15.42%
Weight - 219.4lb
Lean mass - 185.57lb
Fat mass - 33.83lb
Caliper Measurements -
Abdominals - 22.5mm
Chest - 8.5mm
Thigh - 18mm
Tricep - 10mm
Subscapular - 18.5mm
Midaxillary - 14.5mm
Suprailiac - 10mm

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I tried my Dbol from a different source today (domestic) and since I was tired I screwed up and took 30mg in the morning; I have been taking 10mg morning and 20mg preworkout. So I threw in an additional 10mg preworkout today which brought me to 40mg total for the day. I had an amazing pump today and felt really good and strong. Recovery between sets for the first 45 minutes was amazing, like zero time for recovery. Total workout was about 90 minutes including a small warmup. Went out to dinner and enjoyed a few glasses of wine and a huge steak and veggies, it's been a long week and I've basically ate chicken all week so I needed to splurge. Changed up my carbs from white rice to sweet potatoes, woohoo I'm living on the edge now baby!!!

Overall strength and recovery are progressing nicely, tomorrow is leg day.

SS -
Today: 33-30/37-33/37-33/37-30lbs
Underhand (pronated) straight bar pull downs 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 90 secs
Today: 130-115/130-115/130-115/130-100
SS -
Today: 60-50/65-55/65-50/70-60lbs
Today: 130-115/160-145/190-160/205-190lbs
SS -
Today: 75-55/75-55/85-75/75-55lbs
Reverse Grip Forearm Curls 4 x 8
Today: 55/55/55/55
SS -
Today: 75-55/75-55/85-75/85-75-55lbs
Incline DB Curl (60 degrees incline)
Today: 20-15/25-15/25-15/25-15lbs

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great workout today, these dropsets are killing me and im
habjng to go lighter but I feel like the small additional volume is really helping with a bit of a recomp style of my cycle. I'll slowly be increasing my calories as my cycle progresses but I'm happy to see my BF% going down and my strength increasing. I'm noticing a much shorter recovery time as far as DOMS goes, which I'm thankful for. Rest between sets is about 60-90 seconds but honestly once I start lifting I feel very strong and motivated. Sometimes the motivation isn't there at the beginning but something about my cycle really gets me going once the blood starts flowing. I've noticed similar with my appetite, I may not be hungry for meal 2 or 3 but once I take my first bite that meal goes down easy. It's either a compound I'm taking or psychological but whatever it is I'll take it. Today is day 10, I'm looking forward to keeping up on this log and I hope nobody minds it. I'm going to tu and update progress pics as often as possible but since it's still the beginning I haven't been. Maybe on Thursday at the 2-week mark.

The workout is a slow progression but I'm doing that on purpose. My normal maxes are 355x2 Deadlift/355 squat/1,100 leg press/no straight bar bench/I'm DB benching 100-110 Dumbbells. I know these aren't bragging numbers, I've hit a few roadblocks and injuries the past couple of years, not making excuses, but I have learned a lot about myself and my body along the way. Now I train smart, after all it's a marathon not a sprint right?

SS -
Today: 30-20/35-20/35-20
Leg Curl 1 Leg 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 90 secs
Today: 115-100/120-110/120-110

SS -
Today: Box Squats at 155-135/185-155/225-155
Today: 155-135/185-155/225-155

SS -
Leg Press 3 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Today: 180-90/270-180/360-270
Seated Calf Raise 4 x 6-6 Dropset 202 10 secs
Today: 90/90/90 paired my dropset with the calf raise machine for the dropset portion.
Today: 30/30/30/30lb

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not much of a huge update, been staying close to 90% clean on diet, weighed myself this morning first thing and was 219.4lbs, that's up 7lbs in 11 days. When I pinch Thursday I will adjust diet based on those numbers as I always like to allow 2-weeks between adjustments. I've been having some pretty insane pumps lately but also still dealing with some stomach bloat half the day due to foods and water intake. I can't get enough water lately, I'm sure I went over 2 gallons today without problem. I'm also waking up about 3 times a night either to pee, or restlessness. My skin has been clear but I wake up with it kind of tacky/sticky from very minor sweat. I was going to increase my dbol to 40mg but after calculations, I won't have enough left to do that so I'll just stay at 30mg. Tomorrow is my first quad pin and that's the only body part that makes me slightly nervous to pin, needles don't bother me, just the slew of nerves that are involved in such a complex group of muscles.

SS -
Chest Supported Row (Freeweight machine) 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 10 secs
Today: 100-90/100-90/115-95/115-95lbs (each arm)
Today: 20-10/20-10/20-15/25-15lbs

SS -
Today: 50-45/60-50/65-50/65-45lbs
Today: 90-80/90-80/80-70/80-70lbs

SS -
Today: EZ Curl Bar 85-75/95-85/95-85/95-85
DB Tricep Kickbacks 4 x 8-8 Dropset 202 60 secs
Today: 15-10/15-10/15-10/20-10lbs

Ran out of time to do ab work today, throwing it in extra this week

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the update. Don't stress over the quad. Stretch the skin flat, pin in, release skin and asperate, if no blood push medication in and give the area a little massage afterwards. You might get a bit of tightness or soreness in the quad later in the day or in the next couple days, that's pretty normal.
Sitting on a low couch works well to allow the leg to relax.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woke up to my quad feeling much better than yesterday, that's definitely not my favorite place to pin. I've been feeling really run down today so I took the day off from the gym and made sure to get all of my meals in. I'm not sure if I've just been pushing too hard, or not getting enough rest (I'm sleeping like crap since starting this cycle), or if my body is just telling me to take a day off. Regardless, I did and lets see how tomorrow goes.

On a different note, I had a question. My plan is to get blood work done after I quit the dbol end of week 4. I'm trying to feel out how I'm supposed to be feeling or what to look out for before getting to that point and finding out my gear is underdosed or my dbol or aromasin is bunk. My libido, the actual desire to have sex, has gone down this week. The first week it shot up like crazy and then leveled out and then kind of went away. I have no issues maintaining an erection, I still get morning wood, but the desire just isn't really there. I guess I thought I'd be wanting sex like crazy while on Test or Dbol. Maybe I was misinformed. I don't want to fork out $60 for blood work right now when I'm just going to get it done in two weeks anyways. Should I search out a different Test source just in case? I thought about just grabbing 2 vials from somewhere else, but it seems like there are bad reviews for almost all sources. It sucks that this is kind of a crap shoot situation, I'm new to it so I can't imagine what the veteran users have gone through over the years. I'm sure there was a question in there somewhere, I'll just keep pushing through all of this I guess and hopefully by week 4 I will be feeling the Test kicking in and when I drop the Dbol maybe everything will come together.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a killer back session today, well back/shoulders/tri's. The wife joined me which made the dropsets more intense since she could drop the weight for me and that 5-10 seconds I usually have to get up and deload the weights made for some intense reps today. Blood pressure monitor arrives tomorrow, thanks Amazon Prime!, as I stopped by Costco today and the BP monitor they had had 2 star reviews online and a max cuff circumference of 16". Amazon saved the day. I was able to increase weight by minimum 5lbs in all lifts today, having the wife there to spot me was great, she's one of those hardcore lifters in the gym but sweet and sexy outside. I'm almost done with my batch of dbol from BP, and the I'll finish my last two weeks of dbol with my PSL stash. I think the PSL is better anyways. I need to order some bac water before I forget also. Tomorrow morning is weigh-in and BF pinch so I'll see where I'm at and where I need to change things. I am thinking I might need to increase calories and possibly increase protein by 5% and reduce fats by 5%. I want to make the most out of this cycle and utilize as much protein synthesis as possible.

I still can't post pics yet, I need 100 posts apparently. I guess I need more time on this forum.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amazon delivered my blood pressure monitor today, I'm always impressed by how fast they deliver. Pinned my left quad today, actually not as bad as my right one was and I have no idea what I did differently, if anything at all. BP is 128/76 so slight hypertension but nothing too bad. Today is a rest day for me but the wife had some metabolic conditioning stuff to do this morning at 5am so I tagged along. Nothing crazy, just threw in some more traps/calves/abs for about 45 minutes.

Weighed and pinched this morning as well. I know I'm still holding some water but the added fiber has been helping with the bloat a LOT!

3/31/16
Body fat - 15.42%
Weight - 219.4lb
Lean mass - 185.57lb
Fat mass - 33.83lb
Caliper Measurements -
Abdominals - 22.5mm
Chest - 8.5mm
Thigh - 18mm
Tricep - 10mm
Subscapular - 18.5mm
Midaxillary - 14.5mm
Suprailiac - 10mm

4/07/2016
Body fat - 15.56%
Weight - 222.8lb
Lean mass - 188.13lb
Fat mass - 34.67lb
Caliper Measurements -
Abdominals - 22mm
Chest - 8.5mm
Thigh - 18.5mm
Tricep - 9.5mm
Subscapular - 17mm
Midaxillary - 15mm
Suprailiac - 12.5mm

Breakdown so far -
3/24/16 at 17.22% Lean 175.82 & 36.58 body fat weight
3/31/16 at 15.42% Lean 185.57 & 33.83 body fat weight
4/07/16 at 15.56% Lean 188.13 & 34.67 body fat weight

The numbers are fluctuating a bit but all pinches and weigh-ins have been on same day of the week at same time of day. I'm going to change diet to 45% Protein/ 40% Carb /15% Fats for the next two weeks and see how that changes things. I'm still using 3,000 calories and will keep that the same as I like where my strength and energy are right now and I don't want that body fat number to go up any higher. I might have to throw in some morning LISS cardio just to help a little; I've got a treadmill in the garage so it's convenient also.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I quit pinning my right quad altogether. Hit a nerve every time. I can jab, hit a nerve, pull out, relocate, hit another one, relocate hit another one LOL.

Left quad, never hit one. I think they're all on the right!!

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I quit pinning my right quad altogether. Hit a nerve every time. I can jab, hit a nerve, pull out, relocate, hit another one, relocate hit another one LOL.

Left quad, never hit one. I think they're all on the right!!
Maybe that's my issue, it was like a horrible Charlie horse all day and I had limited flexion. Today in left quad, not bad at all, I'm walking like yesterday was leg day. Not bad. I did go a bit slower on injecting though, and then tried to go a bit faster but I could actually feel the fluids rushing into my leg so I slowed back down.