Ostarine and Antibiotics?

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
hey guys, just got on antibiotics in the midst of my ostarine and was wondering can i take both at the same time, or would they interfere ? should i wait until i finish the antibiotics before i start ostarine? cheers

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
What is the name of antibiotic are you taking?
Without this, giving you an answer is impossible.

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
What is the name of antibiotic are you taking?
Without this, giving you an answer is impossible.
sorry my mistake.

I'm taking APO- Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid.

--(amoxycillin trihydrate/potassium clavulanate) 875mg/125mg.

875 axmoycillin
125 mg clavulanic acid as potassium clavulnate.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
A pharmacokinetic interaction with ostarine which would hinder elimination of amoxicillin or the clavulanate would be the major problem of the combination- however this would seem highly unlikely given ostarines primary eliminated route is (unchanged) via feces, contrasting amoxicillin/clavulanate primary kidney elimination route.

The pharmacokinetic data on ostarine doesn't define the metabolism/excretion of the biotransformed metabolites. Although these metabolites account for only a small proportion of the whole dose- there is a very narrow scope for potential interaction which can't be predicted in the absence of this data. If, on a very unfortunate chance, this were the case, it would most likely manifest, as do most mild penicillin-based reactions, as a red bumpy rash.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
hey guys, just got on antibiotics in the midst of my ostarine and was wondering can i take both at the same time, or would they interfere ? should i wait until i finish the antibiotics before i start ostarine? cheers
I've had multiple people hit me up asking this same question. Every one of them went through with their cycle and stayed on their antibiotics with no issues. If you get any side effects then discontinue the osta.

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
sweet cheers guys!

was wondering can i take NAC/milk thistle with this antibiotic to help my liver, and decrease my chance of liver issues? cheers.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
sweet cheers guys!

was wondering can i take NAC/milk thistle with this antibiotic to help my liver, and decrease my chance of liver issues? cheers.
Not sure why you would be concerned about your liver- but there is no interactions with either Milk Thistle or N-acetyl cysteine.
Silymarin, the active constituent in Milk Thistle, does not have sufficient bioavailability to pose any sort interaction risk with your antibiotics or ostarine.
Neither medication undergoes any extensive glutathione conjugation- therefore NAC shouldn't interact either.