Calories on an SDMZ 2.0 cycle

Db2

Db2

Awards
So I'm currently in week 1 of an sdmz 2 cycle w/ a bit of an epi-andro base.

I'm just checking in re: calories and macros.

I'm currently 216, 6'3 with around 14% body fat.

I gain weight easily and put on fat rather quickly. I suspect my T is low although I'm not going to get tested till summer when everything clears my system.

According to iifym I should be at 2936 for an aggressive gain. Scooby's online calculator had me quite a bit higher at around 3350.

I'm doing a little over 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight although pretty close, a hair under 300 grams of carbs and just under 100 fat.

I was around 175 carbs before starting, and when I jumped my cals to the higher end of my spectrum and upped the carbs I blew up overnight, like literally 10 lbs in a week. I know a lot of that is water and what not but when I saw the discrepancy in some of the different calculations I was looking at and watched how rapidly I started to balloon I figured I should try to get some more nuanced advice as a lot of these calculations don't take into account being on some kind of exogenous substance.

I'm currently down reg'ing the cals to the more conservative number as I do tend to gain way too easy and don't want to put on a ton of sloppy weight, but I don't want to waste the cycle either.

Any opinions on just how much over I should eat? Im training 5 days a week, about 50 minutes a day before work, which is mostly at a desk. I do put on fat very easily, but I don't want to be too conservative and waste this run!

Any and all advice is appreciated.

D

Darlz

Awards
What is the purpose of this cycle? Is it a lean bulk? a Cut? Recomp? With something like Super DMZ IMO, I would keep the Cals above 3500. In fact, I was around 4000 calories per day on my last run of SDMZ 2.0. The key is to get to 4000 calories through healthy and quality foods, not McDonalds. My body works a little different than yours though, leaning out is rather easy for me.

Db2

Db2

Awards
Lean bulk is the goal!

I generally eat pretty clean. Not that 100% no sauce, dry everything clean, but clean in the normal dietary sense (no fast food or junk food, not much snacking, lots of veggies, smoothies, greek yogurt, eggs, some shakes & bars, most carbs in the form of fresh vegetables, rice, oats, etc cept post workout).

I'm just so damned afraid to put on a bunch of fat this close to spring, and that 10lb leap scared me. I don't lean out easy either.

Maybe I should split the difference?

What's the chance that 10lb gain is mostly water due to the new carbs? As I understand DMZ should be generally dry and shouldn't in and of itself contribute water weight. Truth?

D

Darlz

Awards
Well I think intramuscular water retention will happen with just about any prosteroid/prohormone. I was probably carrying about 5 pounds of water weight at the end of my last SDMZ run, I was also running Trest with it so this could be more the culprit for the water gain. My opinion is that while on cycle, As long as your eating right and training hard, you should be fine. Your diet seems on point to me..

1kerry

Awards
Well, first of all, I would have started this cycle with no more than 12% bf, that means, with visible abs, but you already started, thats an advice for the future...

Now, Ill stick with 3400+/- cals regimen...just be cautious on measuring EVERYTHING you eat, and the macros I suggest are 270p, 410c, 75f

R

Rocktown

Awards
Is super dmz 2.0 still ligit after the ban? I ran it a couple years ago and liked it. I was thinking about it again, but didn't know if it was still good. I've noticed it's about the only prohormone still on the market.

Db2

Db2

Awards
I believe it's banned now from being manufactured, please someone correct me if I'm wrong, although people are still selling off stock. Just picked up 2 more bottles. ;)

D

Darlz

Awards
I picked up 2 bottles at the end of the summer last year.... Both were GTG...

clk

clk

Awards
what were your calories when you gained the 10#'s so quick? around 3k seems about right for your size.

Db2

Db2

Awards
My calories were right about 3k at that time. Really crazy but I'm assuming a bunch of it was water weight as my carbs had been low/moderate for some time. I settled on the higher number, around 3600 for cals for this cycle as I've wasted cycles before being too conservative. I'm definitely still carrying some water but think its balanced out. I'm up 16 lbs over the course of 3 weeks, assuming a good portion of that is water and will drop, but so far feeling pretty decent if not a little bloated, but I've been downing fluids like no tomorrow so that's to be expected.

clk

clk

Awards
got ya. yea, if i were you, id just eat in excess and suck up the fact that you may not have abs for the first month of so of summer. or you can be like me and eat everything like you're a black hole and not care about abs. i hear that traps are the new abs anyways. :lmao:

Db2

Db2

Awards
That's pretty much the plan! I have some osta lean I was thinking about running after I have some recovery time to assist with the maintaining muscle while leaning down. I'll have to do a little more research but came across a good sale and decided to snag some. It will be the first time playing with any kind of Sarm. I'm hoping it can just give me a leg up while leaning down.

clk

clk

Awards
How is the cycle treating you so far. Never ran 2.0. But I ran 3.0 last year