Prescribed TRT

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was prescribed 200mg of injectable testosterone from my physician yesterday. My test level was at 2.7 which was still in normal range but at the low end. He prescribed 200mg biweekly. My question is based on researching which surprisingly I can't find much new discussion on, but, is it better to split the dose up on a weekly basis rather than once every 2 weeks? Secondly he did not do an estrogen test so should I try to get an anti estrogen in with this as well or is this dosage safe to take without it? Lastly is this enough of a dose where I can expect to see physical changes with proper nutrition and training or will it be primarily emotional and general well being?

Thanks for the advice.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, weekly doses will enable for more constant blood hormone levels, but most doctors prescribed bi-weekly. This may result in the final 2-3 days prior to your shot, you may feel a bit lethargic/down.

No, you don't need an anti-estrogen at 100mg/week of test.

You will note improvements in mental/emotional, and should note increases in physical performance despite the "low" dose when compared to average steroid cycle.

SonnyAz

SonnyAz

Awards
Depends on how you feel. 200 biweekly after 8 days I felt like crap until my next shot. So ended up splitting it up into 100 a week but my level was lower... but consistent levels... was hell to get my doc to increase the dosage. Hope you researched what's Normal for your age range and not just accepting being in the "normal" of above 300. dixonk

napalm

napalm

Awards
Split it up into 50 every 3.5 days.

You'll thank me later...

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Split it up into 50 every 3.5 days.

You'll thank me later...
Usually you have to go in bi-weekly for doctor administered shots while on TrT unfortunately

napalm

napalm

Awards
Usually you have to go in bi-weekly for doctor administered shots while on TrT unfortunately
He didn't say they were doc administered shots. Most endos let you inject yourself, if you're capable..

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks guys. I will be self administering the injections. I will try Napalms advice of 50mg every 3.5 days and see how it goes. Thanks again for the advice.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks guys. I will be self administering the injections. I will try Napalms advice of 50mg every 3.5 days and see how it goes. Thanks again for the advice.
That's what most of us on the board do that are on trt. The reasoning is you don't have peaks and troughs as bad as weekly, or God forbid, bi-weekly injections.

My peaks are about 900, and troughs around 650-700 on 60 every 3.5 days.

I wouldn't do it any other way.

Good luck...

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Outstanding. I'm super stoked to finally be on it. Hoping to feel a little better and not have this terrible brain fog a lot of the times. The gains are the added bonus.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Outstanding. I'm super stoked to finally be on it. Hoping to feel a little better and not have this terrible brain fog a lot of the times. The gains are the added bonus.
It's a process. Try the 50 every 3.5 days, then get labs. If labs aren't where you and your doc want, adjust dose. It took me a year to get my shyt dialed in.

What most don't understand is that more is not always better...

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I started at 200mg e2weeks & test was 460. Next vile was 100mg every week & test was 689. Now I use 50 e3.5 days & test is 817 and I feel much better and more stable. It's definitely a process to get it dialed in.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
I haven't looked into yet but in some cases you can get TRT from the VA of course you should get that appointment with in 3 to 5 years after calling haha. I'm at one shot a week but once I'm state side I'm going to try one every 3.5 days.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't looked into yet but in some cases you can get TRT from the VA of course you should get that appointment with in 3 to 5 years after calling haha. I'm at one shot a week but once I'm state side I'm going to try one every 3.5 days.
I did get it from the VA. That's where I go for everything. I love the VA here in OKC I can get an appointment within a week for primary care and most of everything my doc can take care of with the phone. He just ordered labs. I showed up. Met him for a few minutes. And meds are in the mail.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just got my results in the mail. Testosterone was 2.7, FSH 2.8, and LH 5.5 can anyone explain what the other two mean?