drug test was positive

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So I took a drug test the other day for a job, well something VERY suprising showed up. Cocaine! I have never used that before, or done any kind of a drug in years. I was on trimax and superdrol. Anyone know if that can make you test positive for cocain? I can't figure out how I could test positive from it. I would really like to know what could cause a positive on cocaine so I can go back with an explaination. Any help would be nice

Goat

Awards
So I took a drug test the other day for a job, well something VERY suprising showed up. Cocaine! I have never used that before, or done any kind of a drug in years. I was on trimax and superdrol. Anyone know if that can make you test positive for cocain? I can't figure out how I could test positive from it. I would really like to know what could cause a positive on cocaine so I can go back with an explaination. Any help would be nice
They usually seperate your sample into two samples and test one and keep the other. Have htem check that out. I wouldn't start with anything like "oh well, I might be taking these psuedo-legal supplements that I buy from the internet....."

Just tell them that you are 100% sure the test is wrong and that you want some absolute verification. Pee again or something or offer a hair sample.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
you need to request to have a lab analysis done rather than the simple (and unscientific) "drug" test. The lab will clearly indicate the difinitive differences. As to why this happened, I don't know. Cocaine is an alkaloid, and possibly some simple tests make whatever you have used give a false positive.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How accurate are drug tests anyway? Are incidences of false positives higher than what people might assume?

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well either way, people need to be warry when taking superdrol or trimax. I will request a lab analysis done, not sure if they will or not. But I would be willing to have them take it again, since I can't figure out what would have triggered it.

qalabim

Awards
urine tests are pretty accurate. I work for quest diagnostics and the accuracy is pretty high.

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
Where you currently on the cycle while you took the test. I believe that cocaine will only show up on drug tests within like a couple of days from the usuage date.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
So you applied for a job and they told you your sample showed cocaine? How did they know it wasn't crack? Sounds strange to me but what do I know.

I am suprised that they told you what drug it was and that they are willing to test the other sample.

Elizzard

Elizzard

Awards
I took a drug test today and came off trimax 2 weeks ago...think something will show up in mine? god I hope not, i need a JOB!

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
The tests with testing stripes are very uinrliable.over 10% false positives and more as I remember.
A joke they´re used here by the police to test for drugs on drivers.

IdahoSpud

Awards
If you have never used cocaine, you certainly have the results of an improperly performed test. They're testing for the metabolic breakdown products (metabolites) of the drug in question. To do the job right they need to use a gas chromatograph. They vaporize a little bit of the sample and ionize it. Each substance will then emit light at a specific wavelength.

A few peaks on the chart that correspond to cocaine metabolites would explain the positive result. Could be though that they screwed up and got the wrong sample or that they didn't clean the instrument from a previous sample. Just have them check it again.

I'm not a chemist, but it's unlikely that a PH/AAS would give a false positive result, since none of the active (or inactive) ingredients should metabolize into the substances they are searching for.

For tested sporting events, they look for metabolites of known AAS, plus excessive levels of testosterone, and also the ratio of test to estrogen (and probably a number of other things I'm unaware of).

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
initial screenings can have false pos. but its rare for cocaine. I have not seen it and I give 30 tests a month for the last 5yrs. a lab test will give you true results.

IdahoSpud

Awards
would sd possibly come up positive for steroids?
Almost certainly. I'm not familiar with SD, but the metabolites should be similar, if not identical, to known steroid metabolites. Metabolites are the reason that 19Nor based AAS/PH are detectable for so long after use is discontinued. Deca, 19Nordiol/19Nordione are notorious for long detection times, I think due to long-lived (and probably fat-soluble) metabolites.

Additionally SD will probably tilt your test/estrogen ratio outside of normal values for a while. If you are subject to testing for steroids, you should stay away from all PH/AAS.

IdahoSpud

Awards
what about something like Max LMG
Again, I'm not a chemist (and certainly not a biochemist!), but this chemical looks like it might show up on a steroid test, if someone were looking for metabolites of AAS/PH.

Here's the active compound in Max LMG: 13-ethyl-3-methoxy-gona-2,5(10)-diene-17-one - also known as Methoxydienone.

I spent a lot of time googling this compound and didn't find much useful besides VPX sales pitches - which no one should consider to be scientifically unbiased :)

Anyway, here's a link to a pic of the structure: http://chem2.sis.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/jsp/common/ChemFull.jsp

Here's what the European Union has to say about it (not much!): http://ecb.jrc.it/esis-pgm/esis_reponse.php?GENRE=CASNO&ENTREE=2322-77-2

Here's a wholesaler in England selling the stuff (item #49): http://www.brighton-co.com/product1.html

This is certainly a steroid or prohormone. The big question is... does it metabolize similar to AAS/PH? Possibly. Will it move your test out of its normal range, or change your test/estrogen ratio? Probably. My gut feeling is that if you are subject to testing, to steer clear of it.

Another question I would be interested in knowing the answer to is this: There are thousands of hormones/AAS out there - many of which are useless (methyltestosterone) or worse (estradiol) for building lean mass. How does Methoxydienone fit into the picture?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Whenever I've had to take a drug test for a job, I made it a point to get one of those 'at home' drug tests they sell at the pharmacy. They are just as accurate as the 'initial' tests the labs use for an employment drug test. Lots of things can make you test positive for illicit drugs even though you've never done any - I think I recall reading that eating too many poppyseeds and you'll test positive for heroin, ibuprofin can cause a false positive for THC. Not sure about cocaine though.

The best thing to do is vehemently deny their results and insist that a more accurate test be performed.

BV

cubical

Awards
Thanks for your help bro! would u have any guess as to how long sd or LMG would give a positive result after the cycle is over. aka how long would it be in ur system.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea I haven't got a reply for a second test yet. Yes I believe it is weird that it came up positive too, but I truely have never used before, so I would not be here otherwise asking if I had. Im seeing the docter tomorrow for possible kidney infection, we will see tomorrow if that is the cause.

IdahoSpud

Awards
Thanks for your help bro! would u have any guess as to how long sd or LMG would give a positive result after the cycle is over. aka how long would it be in ur system.
Here's what Sledgehammer (Designer Supplements) the developer of SD says: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22099&highlight=detection+time He says about a week, if it can be detected with current testing methods.

To be conservative, since this is chemically somewhere between Anadrol and Masteron, I'd take the longer of those two drugs detection times, and add a couple of weeks.

So here's a thread that shows detection times... http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22179

And according to this posting, both Anadrol and Masteron take about 2 months to clear out. So I'd go about 2.5 months just to be safe - but that's me.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
WTF???

I'm still interested as hell about how you could have tested pos. for cocaine....that's comforting. Test positive for drugs you've never taken? :confused: :think: *sigh*

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Oh **** bro that kind of stuff happens all the time. You should read the book 'Steal the Urine Test' by A.Hoffman. Its geared more toward rec.drugs, but good reading on the flaws of the drug testing system in general. What the hell is pissing in a cup going to say about your job performance anyway? Anyone can beat one of those tests with only a sliver of ingenuity and research.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
The tests with testing stripes are very uinrliable.over 10% false positives and more as I remember.
A joke they´re used here by the police to test for drugs on drivers.
The testing strips being used where I come from are accurate. Not a joke here, becuase it can be used to convict people on. However, there are the instances where they do come up with false positives for various reasons. The urine sample is frozen, so it can be lab tested at a later time.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Sounds strange that your test would come back positive for cocaine. Have you taken any Tylenol 3, or anyting in the 3-4 days prior? That may give a false positive. Also, they may have gotten your test mixed up with someone elses. Always make sure you watch them seal the test, and ask if you can initial a piece of tape across the seal. Positives for cocaine, heroin, meth, and PCP will usually show up to 3-4 days after it is ingested.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds strange that your test would come back positive for cocaine. Have you taken any Tylenol 3, or anyting in the 3-4 days prior? That may give a false positive. Also, they may have gotten your test mixed up with someone elses. Always make sure you watch them seal the test, and ask if you can initial a piece of tape across the seal. Positives for cocaine, heroin, meth, and PCP will usually show up to 3-4 days after it is ingested.
Tylenol 3 would make you show up hot for opiates. Same with percaset, vicodin, ect.

I'll bet they mixed up the samples.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Maybe tea or sweets from south-amerika? ;-)

BTW anyone tested Ritalin(methylphenidate) on a sweat/urin-teststripe for co,op,a,thc?

Jblake

Awards
Have you used any sort of pain relief creams or gels? Like orajel for gums or a gel for sunburn relief? These contain lidocaine which might create metabolites that will cause a false positive for cocaine.

bencozzy

Awards
i was wondering why SD made me feel so good!!!

but in all seriousness it would be best to petition and have a different method of testing done.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
have them use the same sample and send it to the lab. it might cost more but most dont want or care to do a second test if they already have a pos. your better off proving that the pos. is actually neg. cocaine can leave your system fairly quick.