Obese person + Superdrol = No need to consume excess carbs?

SwimmingPools

Awards
Hi all! =)

I'll keep this as succinct as possible as to not bore you all ahah

I've been on 10mg Superdrol for the past 6 days and was just wondering if somebody who was obese (30% BF) would still need to consume excess carbs in order to make any gains on superdrol?

Would eating at maintenance be sufficient?

I'll be upping it up to 20mg for the final 2 weeks and was just wondering if the body will pull the required calories from fat stores or will i still need to eat at maintenance/surplus?

Thanks!!

SwimmingPools

Awards
I should mention that i'm not exactly a newbie with a 300lb bench and 400lb deadlift.

While i appreciate you being concerned with my health i'd really like to know if it was possible to gain muscle mass while on a calorie deficit/maintenance on something like superdrol.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being overweight puts you at a very high risk of side effects like estrogen sides and high bp. I don't really care how much you bench, you need to get your body fat down before cycling again. And why sd? That's probably one of the worst choices on steroids that you could make given your current situation.

5Percent

5Percent

Banned
Awards
Being overweight puts you at a very high risk of side effects like estrogen sides and high bp. I don't really care how much you bench, you need to get your body fat down before cycling again. And why sd? That's probably one of the worst choices on steroids that you could make given your current situation.
Epistane and trenavar would've been better hhaha, and although i dont care for sarms, Ostarine probably would've been perfect for him

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
Hi all! =)

I've been on 10mg Superdrol for the past 6 days and was just wondering if somebody who was obese (30% BF) would still need to consume excess carbs in order to make any gains on superdrol?

I'll be upping it up to 20mg for the final 2 weeks and was just wondering if the body will pull the required calories from fat stores or will i still need to eat at maintenance/surplus?

Thanks!!
Please stop the cycle, and try get rid of some BF man. Not to be a d###, but you're going to hurt yourself. Listen to Yates. Good luck bro.

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
Epistane and trenavar would've been better hhaha, and although i dont care for sarms, Ostarine probably would've been perfect for him
Haha??? Please do not recommend more steroids/ph/SARMS , even if you're just trying to be funny on his behalf. The man needs advice, not bs..

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
I would cease cycling and get down to less than 15% BF.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi all! =)

Thanks!!
These guys are all spot on. SD is very harsh and can quickly wreck your blood lipids among other things. At 30 % this is likely already a health concern. Health always trumps making gains, so please consider these suggestions.

alphagainz

alphagainz

Head of Alpha Gainz
Awards
as all the others have stated, this is not a good recipe.

however, the sides of SD on a deficit, especially low carb, are terrible. SD is a carb monster, and I don't see much point of using it for gaining LBM unless you're cranking the carbs. I don't recommend anyone who's health is a concern to use PH/DSs, but SD is probably the worst choice in this situation.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Hi all! =)

Thanks!!
What is your height and weight?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a fan of SD but I think steroids/AAS can be used safely by someone who is trying to recomp and/or lose fat. In fact I think that's the best time to use AAS, when you need to hang on to muscle mass while losing fat. If you know what your doing, being "overweight" which is an extremely broad term will not really hurt you anymore on AAS than not on AAS. I've known a lot of healthy "overweight" individuals. Just because someone fits your personal definition of "overweight" doesn't mean that personal is "unhealthy" or has medical problems.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He said he is 30% bf in the op
He said "was 30%". Past tense. Or that's at least how I read and understood it. Ok, well if he is 30% and trying to gain I guess that could have certain implications. However no one on here knows his medical history and he could be perfectly healthy. More body fat doesn't necessarily mean he is unhealthy.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mean I've met some people that have very low body fat and are extremely unhealthy. My Dads friend years ago was a very fit man, had his own Judo practice, low body fat guy. He dropped dead of a heart attack at only 50 years old. Just dropped dead right there in his Judo class.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean I've met some people that have very low body fat and are extremely unhealthy. My Dads friend years ago was a very fit man, had his own Judo practice, low body fat guy. He dropped dead of a heart attack at only 50 years old. Just dropped dead right there in his Judo class.
I wasn't even basing my opinion off of his fitness level. I would be more concerned with blood pressure and estrogen sides for the most part. Higher body fat puts you at a much higher risk for these side effects, especially bp with superdrol. If he is below 30%, even 20%, he would have a much higher chance of sucess. A different compound that wasn't so harsh would greatly help his situation as well imo.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't even basing my opinion off of his fitness level. I would be more concerned with blood pressure and estrogen sides for the most part. Higher body fat puts you at a much higher risk for these side effects, especially bp with superdrol. If he is below 30%, even 20%, he would have a much higher chance of sucess. A different compound that wasn't so harsh would greatly help his situation as well imo.
Not necessarily. People with low body fat can have high bp also. High blood pressure isn't always caused by high body fat. You can be genetically pre-disposed to it. Doesn't matter how fat or skinny you are. You can be a ultra-marathoner and have high bp. Plus if you have high bp and it's controlled through medication, what's the difference?. I know several people on this board alone that have high blood and are medication for it, yet they run very successful cycles all the time. Same thing goes for higher estrogen and higher body fat, the two don't necessarily go hand in hand. It's much more complicated than that.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84, totally not trying to be a douche here. Just discussing my opinion and why I think that way.
Same here, we are having a discussion. I'm under 10% bf and have bp issues on cycle. It's not that I'm saying low body fat will keep you from having these sides but high body fat can just put you at a higher risk of having these sides. It has nothing to do with the man's overall health. Simply a forewarning of problems that could possibly occur.

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
Do you think this guy is unhealthy because of some pre-disposed notion that higher body fat levels=unhealthy?

Yes probably?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong, weak, healthy or not how many 70, 80 or 90 yo 350-400lb people do you see? :)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong, weak, healthy or not how many 70, 80 or 90 yo 350-400lb people do you see? :)
Not very many. I bet they are more than 15 percent body fat though, or I bet they don't even worry about body fat at that age. Having a little extra weight is better than not anyway, especially as you age. If you gain weight some of it is gonna be muscle every time. If you loose weight your gonna lose some muscle every time. I myself would rather have that extra muscle as I age and if it comes with a bit of fat, I don't care. I'm not talking about people that weigh 350-400 pounds that are morbidly obese.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not very many. I bet they are more than 15 percent body fat though, or I bet they don't even worry about body fat at that age. Having a little extra weight is better than not anyway, especially as you age. If you gain weight some of it is gonna be muscle every time. If you loose weight your gonna lose some muscle every time. I myself would rather have that extra muscle as I age and if it comes with a bit of fat, I don't care. I'm not talking about people that weigh 350-400 pounds that are morbidly obese.
Agreed but under one condition. Many decrease and or eliminate activity and especially resistance training as they age. Muscle doesn't grow itself nor does fat lose itself. As we age our metabolism and hormones work against us (it's a slow death from birth, it's at the end when it accelerates ;) ) and it's then IMHO that exercise is most important for longevity. Without that the above cannot and will not happen.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not trying to be funny, but really looks like he's deadlifting bro...
The sad thing is that I watched the video before...I just need a vacation