New uncontrollable twitching on cycle!! HELP!?

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So as of last night I've noticed my right pec when relaxed twitches uncontrollably, almost rhythmically. If I stretch or flex it stops but when I relax it starts again, this comes and goes at random but it won't stop from doing anything it just wears itself out I suppose. I've read this could be fasciculation syndrome?

Current cycle:
LGD 12mg a day (been on for 6-7 weeks, first 4-5 were at 8mg)
MK-677 20mg (been on 7 weeks)
Trest transdermal 50mg (been on about 2 weeks)

Other supps include CU, APS Arimigen, Glutamine, Creatine mono, all day you may, taurine, BCAA, liver support, multi, cla, fish oil, protein, acetyl l carnitine

Any ideas/experiences?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a random nerve/stimulation. Wouldn't worry about it unless it's really bothering you...

Think of it as free chest workout/stimulation haha.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but it went on last night for an hour or so before I either forgot it was happening or it stopped and today it's happening again...

I read some info linking it to stress, less sleep or excess exercise... But I don't think I've been overtraining or not getting enough sleep.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Try supplementing with magnesium, it works as a natural muscle relaxant, epsom salt baths give you plenty of magnesium just be sure to drink a lot of water if you do.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try supplementing with magnesium, it works as a natural muscle relaxant, epsom salt baths give you plenty of magnesium just be sure to drink a lot of water if you do.
I've read that, I'm going to introduce ZMA tonight and see if it helps.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
My legs sometimes twitch after a hard workout. My buddy says it's because they need more protein. His BroScience sounds legit to me!

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking in close to 300g of protein a day and an additional 10-15g of leucine.

So I doubt that's it lol nice in theory tho

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I get it a lot on any cycle. I actually cramp up more than twitch. This is my 3rd cycle and I'm controlling it better now. I drink close to 1.5 gallons a day, take taurine up to 10g split 3x/day. Then electrolyte drink with potassium twice a day or banana with Gatorade 2-3x a day.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Came in to suggest optimizing hydration as well, being on cycle is nothing but bad for the K/Na balance.

Extra potassium, magnesium, and I would even suggest trying taurine as well because it is so cheap, and often helpful with anything that is giving me muscle cramps.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take about 7g pure taurine right now. Not including what I get from the all day you may.

2-3G in am
2-3G post/intra workout
2-3G at night (I'll start tonight)

Also I grabbed a ZMA so I'll toss that in tonight as well. The all day you may has electrolytes in it as well as coconut water extract, that should help.

FNF5989

FNF5989

Awards
  • Established
+1 for more hydration and potassium.

This happens frequent on my cycles as I tend to lose a lot of water to night sweats w/o me knowing or realizing it. I would also introduce some magnesium, there's a great product called "natures calm" that is amazing before bed, and it helps relax the body and has lots of magnesium. Also, how's your sodium intake?

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
+1 for more hydration and potassium.

This happens frequent on my cycles as I tend to lose a lot of water to night sweats w/o me knowing or realizing it. I would also introduce some magnesium, there's a great product called "natures calm" that is amazing before bed, and it helps relax the body and has lots of magnesium. Also, how's your sodium intake?
Sodium should be okay, I honestly don't keep track of it. But I use hot sauce and mustard frequently.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did it stop?

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happened again when I got home from the gym tonight. It subsided temporarily. I'm dosing extra taurine and ZMA tonight.

So we will see come tomorrow?

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
I had this problem on super DMZ 3.0 shoulder spasms

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 nights of ZMA. 10g taurine. Still spasms. Maybe I won't up to 75mg

jaakonpallo

Awards
Hmmm. My left "bicep"..:( is going on like crazy at this moment. Started everywhere after last cycle 4 months ago and is still continuing but mostly on calfs. Driving me crazy, Doc prescribed benzos for it but benzo withdrawals sound scaring so not yet tried it...helps mentally thought to know I got something I can use if needed. Sleeping is a big issue since it can get really restless sometimes

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm. My left "bicep"..:( is going on like crazy at this moment. Started everywhere after last cycle 4 months ago and is still continuing but mostly on calfs. Driving me crazy, Doc prescribed benzos for it but benzo withdrawals sound scaring so not yet tried it...helps mentally thought to know I got something I can use if needed. Sleeping is a big issue since it can get really restless sometimes
I've found deep relaxed stretching alleviated the twitching slightly. Mine comes and goes so idk what's causing it to trigger, I'm gonna stick on the ZMA and taurine for now

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Try epsom salt or more magnesium il telling you!

Jriddik

Awards
I get it a lot on any cycle. I actually cramp up more than twitch. This is my 3rd cycle and I'm controlling it better now. I drink close to 1.5 gallons a day, take taurine up to 10g split 3x/day. Then electrolyte drink with potassium twice a day or banana with Gatorade 2-3x a day.
This. Cramps and twitches.... Only if I do a huge volume day. Epi was the worst for this IMO. Fluids, potassium, taurine, etc

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I've had a similar issue, 12oz glass of V8 ED and you'll be fine, tons of K and all the electrolytes you will need. Also, you should probably keep track of your bp on cycle

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had my BP checked today(was at Safeway and near pharmacy lol)

106/78 with a pulse rate of 71

Jriddik

Awards
Had my BP checked today(was at Safeway and near pharmacy lol)

106/78 with a pulse rate of 71
Well, it's not BP. I like upright's V8 a day. My buddy swears by it. I can't drink it, but he loves the stuff. Just lots of fluids vitamins electrolytes etc, you will be good. If you really wanna spend the money, a TENs machine is awesome for sore twitchy muscles.