Bioidentical Hormones

Awards
I know its been discussed a few times before, but I'm hoping to get some more views on this.

I'm 30...at the low end of normal on the testosterone range and really want to optimize my levels. I basically want to make sure my 30s and 40s are ****ing amazing in every department. If it means running into some problems in my 50s and 60s, so be it, as long as those problems are annoyances and not fatal.

With that in mind, I know a pretty open-minded doc that specializes in BHRT. I'm going to see him next week, he'll run some tests and I'm pretty sure there will be an option to boost my test. I'm kind of conflicted between just going the natural route, cleaning up my diet, vitamins, supplements, test boosters, etc. which I have started to do. Or whether I should go for broke and sign up for this ****.

Do you guys think the benefits of BHRT would be worth it (libido, gains in the gym, etc.). It's a pretty big decision and I wanna hear some of you out on this.

Thanks - this is an amazing forum.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
With BHRT you're still only going to increase test to normal ranges, albeit maybe the high end of normal. You may see a quality of life increase, but you definitely will not see any body composition changes simply by introducing endogenous hormones. You can, and should, always seek to improve the easy things first: diet, sleep, stress, etc. After that, i don't see how you'd get much benefit from BHRT especially at 30 years old.

As always, consult a doctor, get your full hormone panel done, and discuss options.

Awards
Fair point. I think I will run the tests and use the consultation more to discuss optimal ways to do it naturally.