Suggestions on dosing bulk powder

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
I have just got my hands on some bulk powder and want to know what methods are available on dosing. More specifically, I am interested in how to dose by liquid like a SERM but any other methods would be helpful as well.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand..

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I have bulk powder. I need to know the method to mix it with alcohol and dose it by volume like the RC SERMs guys use.
I am going to be no help,but def in for answers,sorry man

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have bulk powder. I need to know the method to mix it with alcohol and dose it by volume like the RC SERMs guys use.
Add a gram to 10ml of ethanol and you have a 100mg per ml solution. It's quite simple. How much raw material do you have and what concentration would be ideal?

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
Add a gram to 10ml of ethanol and you have a 100mg per ml solution. It's quite simple. How much raw material do you have and what concentration would be ideal?
4g I would like 50mg per ml

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4g I would like 50mg per ml
50mg per ml you will need 20ml of liquid per gram. 80ml and 4 grams of material will give you your ideal concentration.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro.. this is basic math.

You could make a solution with things like peg300, or a suspension with glycerin. Suspensions are far easier to pull off. To make a solution, it will depend on the powder being used.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
50mg per ml you will need 20ml of liquid per gram. 80ml and 4 grams of material will give you your ideal concentration.
Not correct.. you are not taking into account the displacement by the powder. You have to calculate and factor in how much room the powder will take up.

If I add 1.5g of raw into 30ml of glycerin.. I will not have 50mg/ml as the powder displacement will take up room and increase the volume.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro.. this is basic math.

You could make a solution with things like peg300, or a suspension with glycerin. Suspensions are far easier to pull off. To make a solution, it will depend on the powder being used.
Peg300 is my vote, very easy to suspend raw powder.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not correct.. you are not taking into account the displacement by the powder. You have to calculate and factor in how much room the powder will take up.

If I add 1.5g of raw into 30ml of glycerin.. I will not have 50mg/ml as the powder displacement will take up room and increase the volume.
It will take up a very minimal amount of space, not enough to worry about in 80ml with 4 grams.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will take up a very minimal amount of space, not enough to worry about in 80ml with 4 grams.
I make something often with 1.5g of raw and 30ml liquid.. and it takes up quite a bit of room.. somewhere in the realm of 10ml. That is a pretty significant difference.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends how anal you are about dosing as well.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Without knowing the powder in question you can not make this statement.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I make something often with 1.5g of raw and 30ml liquid.. and it takes up quite a bit of room.. somewhere in the realm of 10ml. That is a pretty significant difference.
That is a pretty substantial difference, I don't remember it being that much but it's been a good while since I've mixed anything up.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Cannot? Maybe should not but I did so obviously I can.
My apologies. Can not do it correctly. You can do whatever you want, but you're giving advice that doesn't lead to the desired mg/ml. I'm not sure why you'd fire back instead of just saying, you guys are right but with the compounds that I happen to use it doesn't make a ton of difference to me.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without knowing the powder in question you can not make this statement.
Truth.. all raws are different to work with.

That is a pretty substantial difference, I don't remember it being that much but it's been a good while since I've mixed anything up.
Yea.. it can be quite a difference bro

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My apologies. Can not do it correctly. You can do whatever you want, but you're giving advice that doesn't lead to the desired mg/ml. I'm not sure why you'd fire back instead of just saying, you guys are right but with the compounds that I happen to use it doesn't make a ton of difference to me.
Uhhh...I agreed he was right, see my last post

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Well just do it as we do it in the lab.
If you want to solve 100 mg in 10 ml for example you take your measuring cylinder and add about 6-7 ml, then add the 100 mg, solve that and after that add enough beverage to get to the 10 ml mark. Mix again.... done. Now you can dose 10 mg by taking 1 ml.
Of course you need to do this in finer steps the closer you are to the solubility limit.

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
I would suspend it in 100% glycerin.. do not dilute. The crystals are heavy and will sink fast so you will have to shake and draw up fast.
So what would be the formula I need to use for 4g @ 50mg/ml?