how long does it take mgf to produce myoblasts

A

anonuser

Awards
ive read that once mgf has produced its myoblasts your good to inject igf, leave it too long and the cells will revert to satellite cells.
so any ideas on how long after injecting you can expect the mgf to have produced myoblasts?
to me it could be anywhere between 30 mins to 2 days. read from a knowledgeable guy that a couple of days would probably be too late :/

M

MaKenCap

Awards
BUMP

Looking for the same info. The whole proliferation/differentiation ...
I want to know how running MGF solo would pan out. Cause if the myoblasts do revert without the use of igf to 'differentiate' those added stem cells/myoblasts ... then PEG-MGF should have absolutely no positive effect on hypertrophy... unless the 'differentiating' signal is provided through resistance training induced igf secretions instead of exogenous igf.

B

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
As far as I know MGF is not only a factor that will cause sattelite cells to become muscle cells but will also let existing muscle cells grow.
As far as differentiation goes the problem is a little more complex. Before differentiation the determination have to take place. However explantation cultures (ok I don't really know if thats the correct english term) of different cells of a two days old chicken embryo shows that even isolated cells are in most cases completely determined and will differentiate to form the tissue they were meant to. (I won't find you a reference but as I've only recently done such an experiment I may be able to provide some fotos later on if wanted)
Its not easy to get cells to "forget" their determination and even harder to get cells to undifferentiate. Although its possible only a few laboratorys can do that reliable and the process would be known so much better if it was an usual occurance in the body.
Also experiments on the 8 cell stadium of the sea urchin show that most cells are determined pretty fast so I would not worry too much that the myoblasts will differentiate back.

B

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
However I would be interested in the source that caused you to worry because I would like to read it and ask my professor on it if there is something foundated reverse to our findings.

M

MaKenCap

Awards
So what you're saying is that it seems highly unlikely that the satellite cells turned myblasts would 'revert' to stem cells again? But what differentiates the satellite cells in the first place? will mgf on off days be a waste because there isnt sufficient igf to determine the cells? Without any added igf or mgf from outside it's clear that the body will have its own rhythm/process of doing this. But what happens when you add only mgf or only igf or both?

if the idea is that igf must be present to actually turn satellite cells in muscle cells... then you would only have two options: igf released from a workout or igf taken at a particular time. so what matters then is when the appropriate timing is for mgf and igf introduced externally. and in my case, whether mgf as a stand-alone would even have significant benefits.

I forgot that MGF supposedly has a whole host of benefits, of which cell proliferation is only one

I'd still like to know precisely how to work with mgf and/or igf interactions in order to get the most out of those two compounds. There seem to be differing opinions.