Unbiased Ostarine run

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Hey guys, I wasn't sure if I was going to log this but I might as well. I was pretty unfamiliar with sarms until recently so with some research and some advice I decided to try ostarine. Keep in mind my mindset is old school I guess, so I'm a little skeptical.

I started taking taking EPG Ostalean last week. 25mg a day. I will take it for two months as the bottle prescribes. I am not a rep for any company. Just a guy looking to gain lean size (like every guy).

About me:
27 years old. 180lbs. 14%bf
Training on and off for about 7 years
One previous Test-E cycle when I was about 22 years old, which in my humble opinion is too young, but I saw awesome results.

My diet is very good and will not change. Right around 3500 calories a day. Sometimes more sometimes less but it is clean.

Goals:
I would like to gain a little bit. My weight fluctuates a bit but if I can harden up and be at 185lbs I would be happy. I do quite a bit of cardio, i do some crossfit workouts and I run as well but mostly isolated weights.

I plan on an otc post cycle with a few weeks of clomid as well at a modest dose

That's the plan, I'm one week in and haven't noticed anything to report. I am open to all advice and input guys let me know what you think

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
My job makes it hard to have any kind of a normal sleep schedule. But if I had to say I've noticed anything it's been hard to fall asleep lately. Anyone know of that happening?

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I hear it's a common side the first week, try some melatonin and ZMA

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
I was not planning on posting pics but I've been taking them so I will put a few up. And yes Volvo140G I'm engineer on one.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
I had to be up at 3am. I slept for a few good hours with the window cracked, it's 35 degrees here and I still sweat a little. I looked pretty vascular this morning. Yesterday was a rest day and finished it off with a cheat meal from heaven. Today's workout is going to be a 3 mile run followed by chest and unweighted abs.
If I'm over critical or whatever I apologize, but I want to know and for other people to know what to expect and if this stuff works.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I had to be up at 3am. I slept for a few good hours with the window cracked, it's 35 degrees here and I still sweat a little. I looked pretty vascular this morning. Yesterday was a rest day and finished it off with a cheat meal from heaven. Today's workout is going to be a 3 mile run followed by chest and unweighted abs.
If I'm over critical or whatever I apologize, but I want to know and for other people to know what to expect and if this stuff works.
It sounds like body changes usually don't show up until like 4+ weeks in for most people.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Including the steak and brown rice I'm eating now I brought my calories up to around 3700 for he day. That myfitnesspal app is pretty good.
I ran 2 miles but had to stop my lower back was on fire, probably because of sleeping funny maybe? Then did chest. I had a spot so I pushed myself. Im gonna get more detailed when I start seeing something worth noting. Anyone know if the pump in my lower back could be from ostra?

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Ate 3700 cal. Today give or take.

Ran 2 miles and my lower back started to tighten up and burn again.

Back day..
-5 sets of 5 wide grip pull ups. Strict form
-3 sets of 8 close grip cable rows not too heavy
-3 sets of wide grip cable rows not too heavy
-5 sets of bent over dumbbell rows 50lbs
(Edit: no deads today. Tried and my lower back was too tight)

I should have done shoulders or something, my lower back pretty much ruined my day.

Sleep was cured with melatonin, curious about this back burn

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I doubt your lower back tightness is from the ostarine. I have never cycled anything and I too have lower back pumps/tightness when running for long distances and sometimes when deadlifting, although switching to sumo style helped quite a bit. I'm not sure exactly what cause the lower back muscles to tighten up like that, but I know what you mean it's pretty debilitating. I've done a bunch of researching and my only guess is that it's a posture issue or imbalance assuming your form is spot on.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
I cut my running way down so two miles shouldn't be cause for getting tight. I think form is everything with the big lifts, today I'm doing shoulders and I'm going to deadlift to make up for yesterday. Maybe a bit lighter and really concentrate on form.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Today I did shoulders but started with deadlifts because I didn't do them yesterday. Edit( I concentrated on form) had someone critique me too

Deads: 135x15
185x5x5
135x8
No wraps, trying to strengthen my hands

Lateral dumbbell raises:
8x3 15lbs slow
Fwd plate raises
8x3 25lb plate

Overhead press on smith
50lbsx15
80lbs X 8x3
50lbsx12

Shrugs
50lb Dumbbells 10x3

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Today I won't be able to get my 3700 calories in unfortunately, but I got an arm workout in

Rowed 1000m in 4 minutes.
Rope pull downs 50lbs 8x3
Cable curls 30lbs X 15, 50lbs 3x8
21's 20lbs x3
Skull crushers 40lbs
10x3 slow
Cable rows( I just did them w back but whatever)
100lbs 8x4

Still at about 183lbs. No real noticeable difference but I look pretty vascular. The back pump has gone away but I didn't try running since. Also I feel as if my feet have been sweating more then usual. (Just what I've noticed could be irrelevant).

apoxtle

apoxtle

Awards
  • Established
bought a bunch of ostarine a while back. seen some good logs.. some gains. not like aas or ph gains. not bashing. just wonder about the long term with sarms. i know ostarine has been tested diligently in the medical field. it hasn't been around a long time though. i hope it turns out to be as amazing and side effect free as people claim. i worry about the long term effects though. i am unsure if i will ever run mine. i am stupid though. i buy stuff before it gets banned. probably why i have sd and have never used it

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
I'll be working tomorrow, regardless if I am or not I am going to stuff my face with so much food that it's going to offend people. I figured legs today.. Rest and eat tomorrow

Stretch, slow jog, stretch
Squat:
135x15
185x8
225x8
185x5
135x8
Back pump so bad

Standing calf raises
40lbs 15x3
(Back pump made this almost impossible)

Leg ext:
70lbs
10x3

Leg curl:
90lbs
10x3

Seated calf raises:
70lbs
15x3

Leg press:
6 plates
10x3
4 plates 12 times

This back pump is seriously messing up my workouts.

Weight today 184.5

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Are you bracing your core when you are doing leg exercises? If you aren't, this can put unnecessary stress on your lower spinal erectors. If it is hurting that bad, either stop or reduce the weight. Listen to your body man. Injury isn't worth it.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
I hear what your saying man. I haven't gone up on weight or changed stance. It's like a lower back Charlie horse on both sides

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
My advice, switch to front squats and sumo deadlifts, start light, and really focus on bracing your core. This has helped my back problems quite a bit.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
My advice, switch to front squats and sumo deadlifts, start light, and really focus on bracing your core. This has helped my back problems quite a bit.
I will man thank you for the advice

Jriddik

Awards
I hear what your saying man. I haven't gone up on weight or changed stance. It's like a lower back Charlie horse on both sides
You can try some Taurine too, if it is back pumps similar to certain PH's (not sure if ostarine causes these, I don't remember my run with it).... If it does though 2-3 grams taurine and up your water, should be good to go

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
You can try some Taurine too, if it is back pumps similar to certain PH's (not sure if ostarine causes these, I don't remember my run with it).... If it does though 2-3 grams taurine and up your water, should be good to go
This. Taurine is the best. Such an underrated supp on its own too.

I like 5g for back pumps : )

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
This. Taurine is the best. Such an underrated supp on its own too.

I like 5g for back pumps : )
Have you heard of back pumps coming from ostarine? I remember hearing people complaining about them with certain aas and I always thought "quit bein a pu**y and work through it" but I can't work through it. It isn't my back I have a good back fortunately.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My job makes it hard to have any kind of a normal sleep schedule. But if I had to say I've noticed anything it's been hard to fall asleep lately. Anyone know of that happening?
If you drink caffeine try to avoid it at night. Ostarine makes me super sensitive to caffeine.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Have you heard of back pumps coming from ostarine? I remember hearing people complaining about them with certain aas and I always thought "quit bein a pu**y and work through it" but I can't work through it. It isn't my back I have a good back fortunately.
Have not heard of it specifically with osta, but I personally always assume anything anabolic binding to the AR receptor has the potential for it.

Last time I had bad ones was on HDROL pre ban and they kicked my ass lol.

5-6g taurine worked like magic though

Jriddik

Awards
Have not heard of it specifically with osta, but I personally always assume anything anabolic binding to the AR receptor has the potential for it.

Last time I had bad ones was on HDROL pre ban and they kicked my ass lol.

5-6g taurine worked like magic though
Yeah Halo was a NIGHTMARE for back pumps, even more so than other stronger compounds. still loved Halo though.... Hell my GF liked it at low doses too

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Chest and abs. (Light day, concentrate on form)

Incline bench:
135lbs 8x3
Hanging leg lifts:
15x3
Bench:
155lbs 8x3
Machine flies:
70lbs 15x3
Cable flies:
Weight varied, straight out and down until burnt out
Extreme decline sit ups:
18lb med ball 10x5 (sides and straight)
Bench leg lifts:
Until I couldn't get off the bench

Weight 185 (ate like a beast the last couple of days)
17 days on the osta 25mg a day

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
How are you feeling? Any sides? Feel like you are leaning up any at all?

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Other then the back pump i haven't noticed any sides. My skin has actually looked really good lately. Sometimes I breakout on my shoulders a little and I'm clear right now. I've put a pound or two on and it hasn't been to my stomach which is a good sign.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
I bought taurine. 500mg per pill so I took 4, that's 2grams if my math is right. In going to try and run and see what happens

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Ran a mile and got back pumps I'm gonna try more taurine next time.
Shoulders
Overhead Dumbbells:
50lbs 4x8
Lateral Dumbbells/ front Dumbbells:
20lbs 3x10 both.
pull ups:
Medium grip 6x5
Cable crossover:
20 lbs each side 10x3
Shrugs:
45lb plates 10x5 with a 5 second hold

Weight 187.5

jmaplewood

Awards
Hey man I'm 3 weeks into osta rx + anafuse cycle. Been noticing back pumps too nothing I can't work through, thinking its the osta. Don't have too much experience with this, it's my first cycle. Results are pretty good though, strength is up weight is up. Just picked up some taurine today so we'll see about the pumps.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Hey man I'm 3 weeks into osta rx + anafuse cycle. Been noticing back pumps too nothing I can't work through, thinking its the osta. Don't have too much experience with this, it's my first cycle. Results are pretty good though, strength is up weight is up. Just picked up some taurine today so we'll see about the pumps.
Let me know how it works for you I'm gonna try taking taurine again tomorrow. More this time

USABEERDRINKR

USABEERDRINKR

Awards
Ostarine gave me back pumps too.. it was annoying

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work bro

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Keep up the good work bro
Thank you man. I bounce around but I've put on good weight. I guess not running has helped that too I'm sure. I'm going to change my workouts a little bit any input is welcome.

jmaplewood

Awards
I notice the back pumps most when I wake up. A little in the calf as well. Used 3 g taurine powder in my morning shake, pumps gone 30 min later, so seems to work. See how it holds up through the day. I've heard a lot of people say 5 grams is good, but I figured I'd start small.

jmaplewood

Awards
Thank you man. I bounce around but I've put on good weight. I guess not running has helped that too I'm sure. I'm going to change my workouts a little bit any input is welcome.
Compound lifts have been where it's at for me, I pretty much have been pyramiding the weight 12 reps - 4 reps and following with some isolation work, 1 body part per week. Gone up 20 lbs on major lifts in 3 weeks. About to switch to PHAT to try and take advantage of 2x per week for the rest of this cycle ( 5 more weeks).

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Compound lifts have been where it's at for me, I pretty much have been pyramiding the weight 12 reps - 4 reps and following with some isolation work, 1 body part per week. Gone up 20 lbs on major lifts in 3 weeks. About to switch to PHAT to try and take advantage of 2x per week for the rest of this cycle ( 5 more weeks).
Nice! I was gonna recommend phat. I like it. It's a fun program.

bananagains

Banned
Awards
Phat is s great program, but I disliked the lack of percentages. Made muscle gains but not a whole lot of strength. Check out mayne Norton's New program: ph3. Best thing since sliced bread! Put on well over 150lbs on my total and I'm only on week 7 of 13.

Last edited:
Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449021171.414178.jpg

Day two/ day 18 that's pretty good

Back and arms today

Deads:
135x15 no straps
225x6x3 with straps
(Had to walk around and roll out my pumped lower back)
Wtf I took the taurine again too

Tricep pushdown:
100x15
150x10x5

Cable row:
110x10x3

Pull ups again:
5x5

Barbell preacher curl:
60x8x3 slow (great pump)

Tricep rope pull down:
40x10x1
50x10x3

Hammer curls until burnt chicken

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 127077
Day two/ day 18 that's pretty good

Back and arms today

Deads:
135x15 no straps
225x6x3 with straps
(Had to walk around and roll out my pumped lower back)
Wtf I took the taurine again too

Tricep pushdown:
100x15
150x10x5

Cable row:
110x10x3

Pull ups again:
5x5

Barbell preacher curl:
60x8x3 slow (great pump)

Tricep rope pull down:
40x10x1
50x10x3

Hammer curls until burnt chicken
Solid progress indeed.

I forget, how much above maintenance cals are you eating right now man?

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
It's hard to say man. I would guess my maint. Calories would be around 3000, and I'm aiming for 3500-3700. I'm not perfect though by any means

jmaplewood

Awards
Nice progress man. I'm gaining about the same, a little more fat than I want, but I'm eating almost 1000 over maintenance and killed it at thanksgiving so that didn't help (but it was delicious). By the way, the taurine has been working well. I use allmax brand powder. Two days now and no pumps. Using 1 tsp which is about 4 grams.

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
Legggggss..

Leg extensions:
50lbsx10x3
Squat:
135x10 slow
225x5x5
135x5

(Back pumped like usual)

Machine leg curls:
50x10x5
Seated calf raises:
90x10x5
Standing calf raises:
70x10x5
Leg press:
180x10
260x10x5 (low on foot pad and high)

I feel like I would be able to put more weight up with everything if I could work through the back pumps. I went and laid on the stretching mats and rolled it out for a little bit I felt like a bi**h. I'm buying the powder stuff tmrw the pills aren't working