Delt Injection

Landmine

Awards
I did my first delt inject yesterday and had no problems. It was way easier than glutes. My question is how many cc's can you inject onto each delt?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well that kinda depends on how big your delts are but i would start with 1cc and you can safely work your way up to 2cc's

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
no soreness today? usually the first time you inject into a muscle its sore just from being a virgin muscle .. that's great though .. what did you inject and what was its concentration?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
arent you afraid of hitting some tendon or bone when injecting into the delt? Seems like scary **** to me.

Landmine

Awards
no soreness today? usually the first time you inject into a muscle its sore just from being a virgin muscle .. that's great though .. what did you inject and what was its concentration?
I'm a tester for L-Carnosine. I spot inject 1.5cc's into the muscle that will be trained a hour before workout. (300mgs/ml)

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
and how do you know that being as its your first time?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
unless you have no muscle on your delt if you use a 1 inch pin you don't have to worry about hitting a bone

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
i agree with glenihan, I always use a 1 inch 25G for my delts and I love them. I injected 1CC of Tren Ace and 1CC of Test into just about every muscle on my body and delts and quads were the least painful...

regards,
COTC

Landmine

Awards
i agree with glenihan, I always use a 1 inch 25G for my delts and I love them. I injected 1CC of Tren Ace and 1CC of Test into just about every muscle on my body and delts and quads were the least painful...

regards,
COTC
I had to use a 21.5 gauge so it hurt a liitle bit.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
is it just me or does 1cc look like a very small amount. It only fills up a syringe like a half an inch.

Landmine

Awards
is it just me or does 1cc look like a very small amount. It only fills up a syringe like a half an inch.
You got to look at the surface area of your delt compared to a larger muscle like your glute.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i just meant in general, 1cc looks like a small amount when you see it actually in the syringe

blackjack

Awards
i hit my delt last night with a 25g 5/8'' pin. what a breeze that was.
1ml test E

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
1 inch pin and I would say that 1.5 would be enough in that area..

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
just to let you guys know i'm pretty big but i use 1.5" pins and ive pushed one damn near all the way in my delt with no issues...same thing with pecs. you guys are paper thin are ya?!? lol....

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
I have never had a problem with delt injections, I have gone up to 2ml. I am a fairly large person though.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I'm with Matt here. 1.5ml's is about all you want for your delts. You can push it to 2ml's, but I wouldn't go over that. A 1" pin is plenty, 5/8" is okay, but better for tris, bis, calf, etc. For a lot, a 1" pin is good enough for glutes, but 1.5" is required for some.

5'-10.5", 232lbs here.

beamen28

beamen28

Awards
i started shooting 2mls in my delt with a 1inch pin. it seems to be more sore than usual, but i atribute that to the prop. i have to keep rotating my sites since im pinning eod

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
do you need more than a 1" needle for quads?

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
I go 1.5" because its not safe to stick the needle all the way in (just in case it breaks off) so why not have the security of being deep within the muscle? It seems like a big pin but its no big deal really....

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
I'll agree with cuffs, unless Im pinning glutes I use a 1" for everything else from arms to delts to quads.

regards,
COTC

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
is needles breaking off in the skin a common occurance? And if it does happen what do you do?

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
And definitely dont start shaking like Don Knotts once the needle is in :lol:

That should minimize the chance of it busting off into your muscle.

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
I have heard many people say that they don't push the needle all the way in for fear of it breaking, however i have never heard of this actually happening!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
is needles breaking off in the skin a common occurance? And if it does happen what do you do?
It is not common, but it can happen if the needle is faulty. Try to not bury the pin all the way, like some may suggest you to do. Leave a little out, so if this does happen, you can pull it out. Have tweezers handy just in case. If it's buried under the skin, then go to the hospital.

My sister-in-law is a nurse at a prison and was giving an injection to an inmate. The needle broke off, but she didn't bury it. She just pulled it out by its end with her fingernails.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
a pin breaking is not a big deal as long as its not all the way in! i've had bent pins that i just unwrapped from the factory seal....but i only drew up my oil with it....if your pin is questionalbe i wuldnt shoot with it...but dont worry about going too deep, 1.5" isnt really that much.