I have high PROLACTIN, normal TESTOSTERONE, low LIBIDO!!! HELP

lordet

Awards
Hello guys,

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask help for this but let me tell my problem. I'm 33, male. I eat healthy, I'm normal slim, etc. For a while (2-3 months) I realised a big drop in my libido. Its not completely shut down but its really very low. I have very few morning wood, maybe1 in 2 weeks, have ''not very strong'' erections, have premature ejaculation problem, mostly can't do the second time after having sex, I lose my erection easily, lost my interest to beautiful girls :) and I'm mostly tired and have low energy.

All my life I experienced PE (with a few exceptions) but my libido was not so low. So I suspected that it could be hormonal. Everything points to low T and I made some tests. Here's the results:

Total T: 534 (1 year ago it was 845 but the lab told me that they changed the method so its not healthy to compare)
Bioavailable T: 242
Free T: 9.69
Prolactin: 42.59
Cortisol: 696.37
s-TSH: 3.24
FT4: 16.30

So this means; everything looks in normal range except HIGH PROLACTIN and CORTISOL. I went to an experienced urologist and he told me that Prolactin is not that high to suspect a tumor (I don't have any headache or vision problems) and its probably because of stress.
I'm a very stressful guy who think too much, hard on myself, etc. But can it really be the only cause? Here's the alternative theories:

1- Prolactin is high because I stopped going to gym since 2-3 months and I'm mostly stressful about my work. So its really psychogenic.
2- Relationship problems made my Prolactin high and shut-down my libido. Again its psychogenic.
3- Some another hormone or a physical problem is raising Prolactin levels.

What do you thing? Do any of you have similar experiences?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I think if you tried inhibit p or some low dose prami all your troubles go away . Work harder in the gym forget about the relationship move on and love every second of life .

drob14

Awards
Hey I don't normally post but I saw this thread and had to jump in. My prolactin was the same level as yours and the endo said it probably wasn't a pitutary tumor but wanted to make sure. Have me an mri and it turned out I did have a tumor. Only difference is that my test was low as well. I would deffinetly get another opinion.

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Have you used tren in like the past year?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
If you want a solid l-dopa product grab inhibit p from sns. It should help with the prolactin. But my guess out side of the symptoms is that your body is in flight or fight mode from the stress and outside situations, and since you lost your release of going to the gym you are just sitting on the stress. I would recommend getting back into the gym. Start a simple 5x5 program where you can be in and out in 40 min. It should help a lot. Plus you will be in a different social setting which will help relax the mind for a bit and you may make a new like minded friend or find some nice lady who may want to watch netflix...
Cheers

lordet

Awards
Hey drob14,
And do you have any vision problems or headache problems because of the tumor? Because I have none.
About the T, maybe this is not my normal T, maybe my normal T is higher and Prolactin lowered it to this number... maybe.

And did you have treatment about the tumor? What size?

lordet

Awards
By the way, thank you guys but I'm not thinking of taking any drug before understanding the root cause of the problem. I don't want to mask the REAL problem. Is it psychological, because of a tumor or hormonal. I have to learn it.

drob14

Awards
Hey lordet, no I didn't have any vision problems or headaches, besides the occasionial one. I don't recall the exact size but it small, like 2 mm. They put me on cabergoline which was a nightmare for me. I am finally off of it and back on trt which has been much better. It took me 4 doctors to get to the root of the problem. So if I was you I would definitely get a second opinion.

lordet

Awards
drob14, hmm bad... :( what is cabergoline and trt for? I have no idea about them. And did they prescribe you this drugs AFTER they found out there is a tumor? And are you healed now and how long did it take? Whats different now? (I know I asked too many questions). Thanks a lot!

drob14

Awards
Hey, I didn't start any treatment till after they found out about the tumor. Cabergoline lowers prolactin, I believe through dopamine pathways. I could be wrong. Trt is testosterone replacement therapy. After the side effects of the Cabergoline we decided to go that route instead. It hasn't been that long but I can already tell a difference in energy, libido, mood. Just an fyi they say that most pituitary tumors that are under a certain size are typically not cancerous. They just tend to throw things out of wack

drob14

Awards
Also the docs told me if it doesn't grow anymore then I won't have to have it removed.

lordet

Awards
drop14 thanks a lot, really :). Tomorrow I'll go to see an endo and look what she says. I'll post here. Thank you.

lordet

Awards
And, drop14, how was your cortisol? And your stress level? Because if there is no tumor all of it is because of chronic stress... And its maybe better then a tumor but harder to fix.

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I didn't start any treatment till after they found out about the tumor. Cabergoline lowers prolactin, I believe through dopamine pathways. I could be wrong. Trt is testosterone replacement therapy. After the side effects of the Cabergoline we decided to go that route instead. It hasn't been that long but I can already tell a difference in energy, libido, mood. Just an fyi they say that most pituitary tumors that are under a certain size are typically not cancerous. They just tend to throw things out of wack
Caber DOES utilize the dopamine pathways to ellicit a drop in prolactin. I guess there's more than one way to get a rise of prolactin lol

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I suffer stress and high prolactin.
As McCrew said, get back into exercise, and grab an L dopa product. SNS is a good brand.

I also take P-5-P (a derivative of vitamin B6) and it has worked wonders for prolactin. It is very cheap/safe, try dosage 100mg

lordet

Awards
BlockBuilder, I don't take any antidepressants, my thyroid values are normal. I don't think I have a liver problem. Its either because of chronic stress or a tumor I guess.

ironranger, high prolactin but whats your value? And did you see an endo and if so what did he told? I'm asking because if there is a tumor or physical thing I don't want to mask it with a supplement or vitamin.

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BlockBuilder, I don't take any antidepressants, my thyroid values are normal. I don't think I have a liver problem. Its either because of chronic stress or a tumor I guess.

ironranger, high prolactin but whats your value? And did you see an endo and if so what did he told? I'm asking because if there is a tumor or physical thing I don't want to mask it with a supplement or vitamin.
My GP tested...it was similar range to yours. Just because you have high prolactin, doesnt mean you have a tumor so do not panic. By all means see your Dr if you are worried

phoenix4

phoenix4

Awards
Hi Lordet, you've answered yourself in first post. "you think too much, hard on yourself". You can not imagine the impact if we are very very hard with ourselves, negative thoughts, low self esteem, can lead to those symptoms. If your doc told you that there is no tumor, great!! I think your problem is psychological, and can be easily solved.
Try to find an alternative therapy that you like to solve the problem at ROOT like you said. For me..... I usually practice Yoga and meditation (yes, Yoga and bodybuilding? I'm a divergent ha ha) I'm 41 years old and Yoga make me wonders.
Discard any phisical problem and then start healing your body.
Greetings from Spain.

drob14

Awards
Hey lordet, I believe my cortisol was fine. All I'm saying is that sometimes we have to be proactive in our health care situations. It is always better to be safe then sorry I'm the long run. I would definitely try and get an mri to rule out a tumor, cause you never no. That was the last thing I expected, as well as the doctor! God willing it's not a tumor, like the others posted those are all good supps to help lower prolactin naturally. Good luck!

lordet

Awards
Guys, thank you all for your great answers.

I went to the endo today and she told me that because my cortisol is also high and there is no thyroid problem and I'm a stressful character its most possibly because of the stress. She advised me to repeat the Prolactin+Cortisol test after 2-3 weeks when I'm in a better condition (I told you I quit going to gym and now starting again) and add a liver test to be sure about the problem.

And she told me that she don't think there is a tumor and even if there is one, its a very small one, and I don't have to mess my life with that. It means going to endo for all my life. Thats what she told.

So for now, I'll try to relax, go to gym, do what makes me happy more and have a lab test again in a month. If its still high, maybe then its time for an MR.

ironranger, did you experience any side effects?

phoenix4, you are absolutely right, but I've been fighting with myself since I know myself :)). I always thought about starting to learn meditation but I did not. Maybe its time to try that.

Thank you all. I'll post the next test results here.

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Try taking something to drop cortisol like a rock just in case?

lordet

Awards
First I have to be sure about the cause. It looks like its %99 psychological and we'll see it after the next lab results more clearly I guess...

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pick up some Kava Kava and just take it easy. Get plenty of sleep and get back to the gym. Exercise is always good for stress relief.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude stress really can **** you up. Didn't experience it until my first year of law school when during both finals, I kept my calories and workout regimens EXACTLY the same yet put on a **** ton of fat. So weird. Now I make sure to take Reduce XT when I am in finals and it's all good.

lordet

Awards
Chronic stress and unhappiness... Actually now I realise that I'm completely normal because I really put myself in too much stress and pressure. And I believe that the lab results will be completely different after a month. I'll change something about my job... Thanks guys.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Nice work bro. Keep a positive mindset and feel better