Trt at 36

F

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
Anyone out there on trt at my age? I have seen an endocrinologist and if my next blood test comes back low she's willing to put me on test. Not sure if I'm ready to be on test for life

F

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
I don't want kids or anything and the endo was willing to go with test if I wanted to. Any side effects like prostate trouble?

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Naw , prostrate good. I love TRT. Hope I get it forever. My only side is some depression towards the last few days before my next injection.
My doc makes me wait a little to long between doses IMO. Still nothing compared to the depression I had with low numbers.That's it man. It's a good thing if that what you need.

F

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
Does your insurance cover it? If not how much does it cost?

O

officefat

Awards
I tested low in March, 330. I started trt and hit optimal range for my 6 week followup. I think my 12 week was 860 @ 200mg per week test-cyp.

I did some research and decided to come off after 6 months and pct with hcg and clomid, same as a cycle. Just got my numbers back last week and my natty T is 1119... so maybe give clomid a try before trt for life. I ran hcg for 3 weeks 250 iu eod then clomid @50mg/day for 4 weeks. Blood work was 2 weeks after last clomid dose.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good resources are excelmale dot com and PeakTestosterone dot com. Testosterone Replacement Therapy on FB is another.

O

officefat

Awards
My doc said I should run hcg 2 months on, 1 month off while on trt. I timed it so I'd run it for the last month of trt before I started a pct. One thing I'd do different is run my AI all the way through pct. Clomid blocks the estrogen receptors, thus, I built up e2 while ramping up my natty T.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
At least every week injection. I prefer every 3.5 days. Less peaks and valleys. At least for myself. Definitely try other avenues (natty supps,clomid,etc) first. It is a huge commitment,but one that is worth it after numbers come up and you find you sweet spot.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I am 41. Free test 145. Seeing urologist next Tuesday. My wife and I have mutual agreed that we are ok with injections rest of my life as long as I re-enjoy life. Symptoms vs. weekly or so injections. I choose injections. However I may change my mind after trying myself

O

officefat

Awards
Try clomid first. 12.5mg daily is common for trt. Some respond well, others do not. You may want to visit an endo instead. If they give you test, it should be at least a weekly injection, include an AI and HCG.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Try clomid first. 12.5mg daily is common for trt. Some respond well, others do not. You may want to visit an endo instead. If they give you test, it should be at least a weekly injection, include an AI and HCG.
Thanks for advice. My low T is due to previous chronic narcotic pain medication usage so I don't think clomid will work, but open to idea. I asked about endo and my primary doc said endo and urologist both treat TRT

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I've been on clomid for almost three years now for TRT. I'm now 32 and suffer from secondary hypogonadism. My highest test before TRT was 250 (I was tested 3 times before starting). I wanted to maintain fertility so my urologist put me on clomid (I went to endos first but didn't feel like they knew what they were talking about in regards to low testosterone issues, so I found a urologist that specializes in it at the Cleveland Clinic). Started at 25mg eod then bumped to 50mg eod. Now my test is usually between 700-900 and my wife is pregnant!

DotW

DotW

Awards
I've been on clomid for almost three years now for TRT. I'm now 32 and suffer from secondary hypogonadism. My highest test before TRT was 250 (I was tested 3 times before starting). I wanted to maintain fertility so my urologist put me on clomid (I went to endos first but didn't feel like they knew what they were talking about in regards to low testosterone issues, so I found a urologist that specializes in it at the Cleveland Clinic). Started at 25mg eod then bumped to 50mg eod. Now my test is usually between 700-900 and my wife is pregnant!
That's all awesome, brotha, but your wife being pregnant is the best part. Congratulations!

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! Unrelated to TRT, we have been going through IVF for the past 3 years. After four failed rounds of IVF, she finally got pregnant with twins!

DotW

DotW

Awards
That's right! I have some close friends that have been gong through ivf for over five years now. I know how frustrating that must have been.

Dem twins, doe! You're gonna have a lot of fun. ?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
41, started TRT soon after my 36th birthday after spending almost a year and a half getting tested and trying to resolve naturally. Have had nothing but a great experience with it. I had levels in the high 100s before finally moving that direction.