Myths about AAS usage

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
So I'm relatively new to the forums, and I just wanted to ask some more experienced people a quick question. I hear that once you hop on AAS, that your natural test level will never be the same even if you do PCT correctly. Now I can understand this after years of heavy use, but if I were to only do a couple light cycles, is this really possible?? I'm only 21, and I don't think I'm ready for gear yet, but I intend on doing a test only cycle at 300-400 mg per week at some point in the next few years once I milk out the rest of my natty gains. Also are the risks of infertility a real thing or is that only with the pros who do grams of stuff year round? Sorry In advance if these are stupid questions.

hide83

Awards
It depends on the person. Some guys never get back to their precycle levels others actually recover to above baseline. It's a gamble for sure. If your concerned about recovering back to baseline don't use aas

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the person. Some guys never get back to their precycle levels others actually recover to above baseline. It's a gamble for sure. If your concerned about recovering back to baseline don't use aas
Damn. Not what I wanted to hear because TRT at a young age is the last thing I would want, but thanks. Anyone else have any input?

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
So I'm relatively new to the forums, and I just wanted to ask some more experienced people a quick question. I hear that once you hop on AAS, that your natural test level will never be the same even if you do PCT correctly. Now I can understand this after years of heavy use, but if I were to only do a couple light cycles, is this really possible?? I'm only 21, and I don't think I'm ready for gear yet, but I intend on doing a test only cycle at 300-400 mg per week at some point in the next few years once I milk out the rest of my natty gains. Also are the risks of infertility a real thing or is that only with the pros who do grams of stuff year round? Sorry In advance if these are stupid questions.
if you are genetically predisposed even short weak AAS/PH can fuk u up....

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
There are lots of variables and outcomes that could be possible, it is possible you run your cycle and come back with higher test levels then you had previously. Or you might have a lower level than previously. When your altering your hormones they are "YOUR" hormones so it will not be the same for everyone. Sure there is a base protocol for everyone but the outcome will be different for each individual.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
There are lots of variables and outcomes that could be possible, it is possible you run your cycle and come back with higher test levels then you had previously. Or you might have a lower level than previously. When your altering your hormones they are "YOUR" hormones so it will not be the same for everyone. Sure there is a base protocol for everyone but the outcome will be different for each individual.
really ? do you know anybody who came back after steroid cycle with test levels higher than before? unles before AAS the guy was 30% bf and after cycle 15%

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
really ? do you know anybody who came back after steroid cycle with test levels higher than before? unles before AAS the guy was 30% bf and after cycle 15%
Yes i do, a good friend of mine was at 453 at age 26 ran a cycle of test and did his PCT and he came back 703. So yes infact i do know someone who has had higher testosterone levels after completing a cycle of anabolics.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes i do, a good friend of mine was at 453 at age 26 ran a cycle of test and did his PCT and he came back 703. So yes infact i do know someone who has had higher testosterone levels after completing a cycle of anabolics.
Sure right after PCT you're levels would be elevated. They are gonna go down the longer you are off your pct drugs and supplements.

MBZ

Awards
As far as fertility, there is always a chance that there could be issues. But I'll also say that I've cycled my fair share and I have kids. As do most of the guys I lift with who also use. Not to say those issues don't happen, but in my experience I've yet to see it.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Fertility can definitely be an issue. OP, if you want kids, better know what you're doing!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Hcg is something that you should research as well op .

kimpe

kimpe

Awards
Good thing is that you can always get off the gear if you start feeling bad

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good thing is that you can always get off the gear if you start feeling bad
By the time you "feel" bad it's too late. Aas is not something to do off feelings anyway, blood tests are key

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
But what I'm saying though is if I do ONE cycle the risks of these things happening are pretty slim right? I mean I know everyone says once you hop on gear you'll never want to only do one cycle, but I don't plan on competing or anything, just want to see what it's like and push past the natty limitations.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But what I'm saying though is if I do ONE cycle the risks of these things happening are pretty slim right? I mean I know everyone says once you hop on gear you'll never want to only do one cycle, but I don't plan on competing or anything, just want to see what it's like and push past the natty limitations.
No one can answer this question, you will have to cycle to find out

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Go as far as you can without gear then if you want to run gear pick a mild cycle like test cyp 200 to 250 . See how you like it. Imo test 500 and primo was my first cycle at 17 so that was a real addictive cycle . Everyone is different tho.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabolic steroids can be used intelligently and a person can see some great results with minimal controlled risks. Continued usage is a risk of psychological addiction as with anything that ilicits a desired effect. One myth, is that one cycle, or even a few light cycles will push you anything near or past your genetic limits like the guys you see in the Olympia or on the magazine covers. It takes 110% dedication to every aspect of the lifestyle and some decent genetics to look anything close to those guys. Most of us that aren't going for that look could probably achieve a very jacked and muscular/athletic look without AAS, however it takes years, sometimes decades of effort. I know guys on insane amounts of gear that will never ever be able to achieve that level of development due to lack of genetics and dedication, yet they are addicted to AAS usage. To me that is pointless.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Go as far as you can without gear then if you want to run gear pick a mild cycle like test cyp 200 to 250 . See how you like it. Imo test 500 and primo was my first cycle at 17 so that was a real addictive cycle . Everyone is different tho.
Have you had any long term sides from starting that young?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Have you had any long term sides from starting that young?
Nope i have always recovered great . I really like the fact that we have so much knowledge available for people like us. Finding and implementing proper dosages is important. Dont ever listen to the guys who tell u max dose is where its at . You have to start with minimal doses and try to get your diet in check . Eat healthy and work your butt off . If u have any questions pm me .

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Nope i have always recovered great . I really like the fact that we have so much knowledge available for people like us. Finding and implementing proper dosages is important. Dont ever listen to the guys who tell u max dose is where its at . You have to start with minimal doses and try to get your diet in check . Eat healthy and work your butt off . If u have any questions pm me .
Thanks man. And I agree, so many people say to do like 750mg/week of test and kickstart with dbol because you get your best gains from your first cycle, but I'm all into conservative dosing, starting low, and finding what's best for me whenever I start.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Thanks man. And I agree, so many people say to do like 750mg/week of test and kickstart with dbol because you get your best gains from your first cycle, but I'm all into conservative dosing, starting low, and finding what's best for me whenever I start.
That's a great choice you will find that the more good choices you make the more gains will come.

zman86

zman86

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you look into the grey market stuff like SARMs or mild PHs instead of jumping straight into the dark side? Your posts just sounds like you didn't do enough research on your own and is just trying to get positive responses from people to ease your fears which you will not get from this forum.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you look into the grey market stuff like SARMs or mild PHs instead of jumping straight into the dark side? Your posts just sounds like you didn't do enough research on your own and is just trying to get positive responses from people to ease your fears which you will not get from this forum.
Sorry if it seemed that way, that's not how I intended at all. but I am actually really knowledgable. the reason why I haven't looked to sarm a or prohormones is because I'm a natural skeptic and yeah they may work, but steroids have been studied a whole lot more than them. We know little about the long term effects of sarms and truthfully i feel like a low dose test cycle would be safer and more effective than either sarms or prohormones.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with that 1 or 2 cycle thing. Especially starting in your early twenties. Man so many years ahead of you to continue to cycle for decades. My opinion is the earlier you start, just means you'll be doing them for longer. You know, good luck returning to the world of natural gains after your start of cycle gains begin.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with that 1 or 2 cycle thing. Especially starting in your early twenties. Man so many years ahead of you to continue to cycle for decades. My opinion is the earlier you start, just means you'll be doing them for longer. You know, good luck returning to the world of natural gains after your start of cycle gains begin.
Reality of aas/ph/ds/sarms^^^^

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I'm aware of that reality which is another reason why I'm choosing to stay natty. I said in my original post that I don't feel ready for cycling yet.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm aware of that reality which is another reason why I'm choosing to stay natty. I said in my original post that I don't feel ready for cycling yet.
I'm more addressing the 1 or 2 cycle thing. Pretty sure we all said that. If you were aware of that reality, you wouldn't have used the term.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's some myths that I've personally found to be untrue:

Testicular atrophy: after ~46 months on, they're still there and I'd say ~80% original size. I've also noticed they'll atrophy further and return from a blast to a cruise.

Infertility: I have a child now after ~30 months on without using hCG or clomid.

Lipids: mine are well within range and HDL is even a tick on the high side. Moderation of AIs is key here.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I'm more addressing the 1 or 2 cycle thing. Pretty sure we all said that. If you were aware of that reality, you wouldn't have used the term.
Ok then maybe I'll do more. Or maybe I'll just continue to stay natty forever. I've got plenty of years to make these decisions ahead of me. I'm in no rush, I was just curious and looking to get some information.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok then maybe I'll do more. Or maybe I'll just continue to stay natty forever. I've got plenty of years to make these decisions ahead of me. I'm in no rush, I was just curious and looking to get some information.
Indeed. And I'm just sharing some insight. Good luck.

zman86

zman86

Awards
  • Established
You have at least 4 years, when you turn 25 then maybe you can start 'considering'. And btw there are plenty of research and countless of logs done on PHs... its been around long enough.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have at least 4 years, when you turn 25 then maybe you can start 'considering'. And btw there are plenty of research and countless of logs done on PHs... its been around long enough.
Logs, yes, but there's practically zero research done on this wave of hormones.

hide83

Awards
Ehh- if your not afraid to pin or legality issues why bother with them. Injectable are more well studied and easier on your body. Truth be told we know jack squat about long term effects of ds/ph/sarms because they haven't been around very long. We know wayyy more about test/deca etc. I'm on my first injectable cycle now and I kind of wish I hadn't wasted my first few cycles with phs. I feel 1000 times better on a simple test cycle than I ever did running Dmz epi etc.