Do I need rest days during my LGD cycle?

S

sKooTz

Awards
Hey guys, I'm currently running some OL LGD and am following the Kris Gethin's 12-Week Muscle-Building Trainer. I'm curious if I'm recovering fast enough to skip the recommended off days? Also, if I should be taking the off days then what are some good workouts/cardio to do on these "off days?"

Thanks!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm currently running some OL LGD and am following the Kris Gethin's 12-Week Muscle-Building Trainer. I'm curious if I'm recovering fast enough to skip the recommended off days? Also, if I should be taking the off days then what are some good workouts/cardio to do on these "off days?"

Thanks!
Even on an anabolic cycle rest days are still needed IMO. If your training split is set up intelligently, six days of training plus an active recovery/rest day should be adequate. I like to play pickup games of basketball or flag football on recovery/rest days. Bike riding and hiking are also good for active recovery.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Youll know you are prolly not recovering adequately when your lifts start stalling for atypical periods. This actually happened to me during my own lgd run, bout a week or so back.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
1 rest day a week is what I do on cycle and this works great if you have an appropriate split where no major muscle group is getting hit more than twice per week..

It's not just muscle recovery you have to worry about. Your joints can take quite a beating with continous and strenuous lifting. Sometimes joint issues can creep up on you. It can start with stiffness, then lead to noticeable inflammation, which then leads to a decreased ROM, which can cause you to break proper form and injure yourself.

If you have access to a pool, swimming is a great low impact activity for rest days.