Appendix Exploded Mid PCT Advice/Help ?

hack453

Awards
Hey guys so ive been in hospital until two days ago because on saturday my appendix exploded on the way to hospital and i had to have emergency surgery, havent been able to eat much due to nausea and currently at home on pain meds but when my appendix exploded i was 2 days away from tapering my clomid down from 50mg to 25mg and completing my last two weeks of AD-3 PCT as this was only my second cycle i ran a mild H-Drol 50mg/75/75/75/75/75/75 cycle which i think went pretty successfully.

Anyway guys ive shrunk from the surgery and not eating, todays the first day ive felt half decent so im wondering what the best thing is to do, as in continue my PCT in a few days when i feel more normal or as i cant train now for a few weeks should i use the remainder of my PCT as a bit of a booster for my return to lifting, i currently dont feel shutdown everything works no signs of gyno or anything i dont think.

Thanks guys any advice and/or tips would be great. PS. Sorry for the convoluted post its still hard to concentrate overally well haha.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope you recover quick. I wouldn't pick the rest of your pct up, just save it. I wouldn't mess with any supps right now and I would train natty for a while to get your strength back up before thinking about another cycle. Focus on healing up, supps and gym time are minor details compared to your overall health!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^couldnt agree more. If in doubt ask your doctor. Sorry to hear about your emergency. Here's to a speedy recovery.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with the other guys. Just relax and recover from surgery. Your appendix actually exploded?. That's rough. Anyway, yeah just relax for now and don't worry about the gym or working or anything till you get the all clear from your doc.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
What you had is appendicitis. In your case your appendix burst which is a result of over inflammation. I know the other members are saying not to continue with your PCT but I do not see how the removal of your appendix would affect taking clomid or any other drugs. If your nauseous, im sure the doctor prescribed you zofran.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you had is appendicitis. In your case your appendix burst which is a result of over inflammation. I know the other members are saying not to continue with your PCT but I do not see how the removal of your appendix would affect taking clomid or any other drugs. If your nauseous, im sure the doctor prescribed you zofran.
I'm sure he knows what happened. Maybe it would be fine for him to continue his clomid, but I'm not a doctor and I don't claim to be one online. So most normal-minded people would make their health a priority after a surgery and not worry about silly things like PCT. Also, how can you be so sure about what his doctor prescribed him?. Do you know his medical history or something?.

MBZ

Awards
Personally I would hold off on the pct until after you are recovered and off of your pain meds. If you are taking opioid narcotics, which I am assuming you are since your post op, than your test levels are going to take a hit anyways. It is a well known fact that narcotics lower testosterone levels.

What I would recommend is to resume pct once you quit taking the pain medicine as a sort of "restart" to your natural production.

Anyways, good luck with your recovery brother! I hope you feel better and are able to resume normal activity quickly!

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
I am definitely not a doctor, ive been in the medical field for a very long time. I am not making recommendations, I am making suggestions on what I would do. Not saying everyone else should do the same. PCT isnt silly in my opinion.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I too would run a full PCT. I don't see any reason not to, nothing would suck worse than for your test to drop to nothing during your time of recovery. Clomid is cheap so it's not a big deal to buy more next time.

Health is the number one priority, and your endocrine system is apart of your health. On cycle, half PCT, time off from PCT, and starting PCT again is just an unnecessary bump in the roller coaster your hormones are already going through.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
If it were me, I'd definitely finish my PCT for the reasons mentioned in the post above me. If you are worried about drug interactions, you could ask your doctor or do some online research about contraindications between your perscribed drugs and Clomiphene.

Then, get back to training as soon as you're physically able to.

MBZ

Awards
I agree with the fact that pct needs to be finished, but as someone who is educated in pharmacology, I would say that it would be more worthwhile to hold off until cessation of the narcotic pain medication.

Even if you finished pct while on the medication, your endocrine system will still be inhibited after the pain medication is stopped. Opioid drugs raise prolactin and decrease LH further suppressing the rebound of testosterone.

Studies have shown that one single dose of morphine can lower serum testosterone levels significantly. Given the fact that while you are on the pain medication, your testosterone levels are going to be low regardless of what you do, I would personally save the pct and resume once you no longer are in need of the pain medicine.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I think the real question is how long the OP plans to be on the opiods for? If it's only for a few days, it shouldn't matter much at all. Some people are even able to avoid pain meds after appendix surgery.

I can't speak to the comment about T being low while being on both an opiod and a SERM, but there is no doubt that it would be lower than normal because of the affect of the analgesic. If I were in your shoes and only planned on being on the pain meds for a short period of time (a few days), it probably wouldn't make much difference if you took or stopped taking your SERM during that time period. Whatever you decide, take the minimum required amount of pain meds and get off of them as soon as you can.

Another thing you can consider is dosing the Clomiphene at 25mg EOD to make sure it lasts longer and has more of a sustained effect on raising your T levels. There have been many successful clomid restart protocols undertaken where Clomiphene was used at 25mg EOD because of the long half life of the drug.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Reactions: MBZ

MBZ

Awards
Good point and advice Toren. I was possibly being a bit shortsighted in my response in not considering time on the medication.

The only person I've ever personally witness have an appendectomy was my wife and she was on the medicine for weeks after the surgery. I was wrongfully assuming that most would follow a similar timeframe but I neglected to recall that there were complications during her healing that called for such a long time on narcotics.

Thank you for pointing that out. To the op, good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Good point and advice Toren. I was possibly being a bit shortsighted in my response in not considering time on the medication.

The only person I've ever personally witness have an appendectomy was my wife and she was on the medicine for weeks after the surgery. I was wrongfully assuming that most would follow a similar timeframe but I neglected to recall that there were complications during her healing that called for such a long time on narcotics.

Thank you for pointing that out. To the op, good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery!
I think you injected some sound information into the discussion. Hopefully the OP has the information he was looking for.

I had a close friend a few years back that had an appendectomy and she only took the perscribed pain meds for a day or two but did not like the way they made her feel. She opted to grin and bear it for a while but had a speedy recovery with no complications. I have read that there can be some serious complications with the surgery that last or even happen weeks afterwards. I think this would certainly change the approach to any type of recovery.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Priorities are important. Yes I think after going through surgery, continuing PCT should be the least of your worries. He was on Clomid for 2 weeks after a very mild cycle and I bet will recover fine. People recover fine without pct, it just takes a little longer, and like he said he was on Clomid for 2 weeks prior to having the surgery. If it was me, I wouldn't even bother and wouldn't base my decisions on anything anyone says on an online forum. Health and recovery from surgery comes first, and yes worrying about PCT after surgery is silly. It's absolutely ridiculous borderline obsessive compulsive disorder. Based on what the OP said I don't believe he was too concerned with PCT, and rightfully so.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree with everything that has been said actually. A mild cycle like that, a two week PCT is probably fine.

I have no idea on the recovery he will have to go through. I was assuming it would just be a few days on pain killers, but of course that could be completely wrong.

hack453

Awards
Hey guys thanks you so much for all the responses, to give you guys a bit more information ive been real bad in hospital until thursday because as mentioned my appendix actually burst which meant they had to move around all the organs and clean up the infection as well as removing it but todays my last day of full pain meds i have been trying not to take my strong ones because they make me feel like ****, also im on antibiodicts for 2 more days. I dont particuarly consider talking to my doctor about it an option and i dont feel shutdown however i dont want to risk being shutdown either, although planning on listening to the rest until the surgeons say im ready and train natty approach which will probably be in 3 weeks or so. But anyway with this new information would the majority suggest i wait until im off the drugs and then continue my last two weeks of clomid at 25mg and AI ? i just dont want to prolong the healing process as im just starting to feel better.

hack453

Awards
Sorry for the double post but just re-reading the comments i am more concerned with the surgery side then then PCT as i did still manage to run 50mgs of clomid and 2 weeks of AI for 13 days which isnt to bad considering however im quite young and fing with my test frightens me a bit thus the weak cycle and why my first cycle was only 1-andro/4ad. Also sucks ive shrunk down so much from not really eating anything for the whole week only just starting to eat decently again :/

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys thanks you so much for all the responses, to give you guys a bit more information ive been real bad in hospital until thursday because as mentioned my appendix actually burst which meant they had to move around all the organs and clean up the infection as well as removing it but todays my last day of full pain meds i have been trying not to take my strong ones because they make me feel like ****, also im on antibiodicts for 2 more days. I dont particuarly consider talking to my doctor about it an option and i dont feel shutdown however i dont want to risk being shutdown either, although planning on listening to the rest until the surgeons say im ready and train natty approach. But anyway with this new information would the majority suggest i wait until im off the drugs and then continue my last two weeks of clomid at 25mg and AI ? i just dont want to prolong the healing process as im just starting to feel better.
I still stand by what I've previously said. Don't worry about PCT. You did a light cycle and did two full weeks of Clomid. You should be good to go. Worry about recovering from surgery. Don't throw something else into the mix when your body is trying to heal from the surgery. In my opinion that would be a mistake. Even if your not fully recovered, which I doubt, you will most likely be by the time you recover from the surgery. I don't think you'll be cleared to work out anytime soon anyway.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for the double post but just re-reading the comments i am more concerned with the surgery side then then PCT as i did still manage to run 50mgs of clomid and 2 weeks of AI for 13 days which isnt to bad considering however im quite young and fing with my test frightens me a bit thus the weak cycle and why my first cycle was only 1-andro/4ad. Also sucks ive shrunk down so much from not really eating anything for the whole week only just starting to eat decently again :/
Makes sense. Like I said, don't even worry about it. It's done and over with. All you should be doing now is resting and recovering from surgery. PCT shouldn't be of any concern.

hack453

Awards
Makes sense. Like I said, don't even worry about it. It's done and over with. All you should be doing now is resting and recovering from surgery. PCT shouldn't be of any concern.
Thanks mate, i guess im just worried because i have drilled into me from the forum that PCTs the be all and end all and your fd if you dont do it or complete it properly, that and i was feeling a bit shutdown at the end of my cycle however i was starting to feel back to normal when my appendix burst. Also pretty hard to judge how your feeling given i have all these other symptoms now as well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks mate, i guess im just worried because i have drilled into me from the forum that PCTs the be all and end all and your fd if you dont do it or complete it properly, that and i was feeling a bit shutdown at the end of my cycle however i was starting to feel back to normal when my appendix burst. Also pretty hard to judge how your feeling given i have all these other symptoms now as well.
Yeah I think a lot of people have an unfounded fear that if their PCT isn't perfect or complete they are gonna be screwed. PCT is a fairly recent thing though, people recover fine without, it just takes a longer time. Plus you already did 2 weeks of Clomid and clomid is pretty strong stuff. Your cycle was pretty mild also. You are gonna be fine. In your situation, like I said before it's just silly to worry about it.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
If you weren't shut down from the cycle , just regain and heal now . Pct is not going to make a difference at this point unless u get estro sides . You may want to get a hormonal panel for bloods just to see where your at . Iam in no way as knowledgeable as some of the previous posters just my .02 €

hack453

Awards
Update: booked in with surgeons to see how im going/if i can go back to gym on the 29th saw the doc today and said im progressing well touch wood plus took bloods but didnt mention about the PCT, am a tad worried im getting gyno but think its the 30 degree+ weather/putting on fat from eating again/not working out, have held off finishing my PCT but still tempted when i can hopefully train again soon