Cycle duration

The Yolkster

The Yolkster

Banned
Awards
How long do you guys think it is appropriate to stay off of ds/ph before hopping back on? Does the amount of time off affect how much you gain from the next cycle?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long do you guys think it is appropriate to stay off of ds/ph before hopping back on? Does the amount of time off affect how much you gain from the next cycle?
Definitely. If you don't allow for a full recovery between cycles you will experience diminished returns over time and possible permanent HPTA damage. General rule of thumb is time on + PCT = Time off. So 4 week cycle + 4 week pct = 8 weeks off beginning after pct concludes. Roughly 3 cycles per year. This is only a rule of thumb. The only way to truly gauge recovery is by knowing pre-cycle baselines and post-pct blood test.

The Yolkster

The Yolkster

Banned
Awards
I did look it up btw, and I could not find the answer I wanted. Only thing I found was people saying 2 weeks after pct is finished you can start again, and didn't sound right at all haha.

The Yolkster

The Yolkster

Banned
Awards
Definitely. If you don't allow for a full recovery between cycles you will experience diminished returns over time and possible permanent HPTA damage. General rule of thumb is time on + PCT = Time off. So 4 week cycle + 4 week pct = 8 weeks off beginning after pct concludes. Roughly 3 cycles per year. This is only a rule of thumb. The only way to truly gauge recovery is by knowing pre-cycle baselines and post-pct blood test.
Would 8 weeks off and 12 weeks off be the same in terms of how much I would put on in the next cycle?

BigWiggs92

BigWiggs92

Awards
It's gonna vary on who you talk to.
If your pct is squared away and you want to push it. 4 weeks in between cycles is a minimum. As part of your pct however you're gonna want to do some detox if you plan on jumping right back on. Tyler's detox is a good one. Clears your receptors and allows the next cycle you run to be effective.

With that being said, I usually like to give it a couple months.

The Yolkster

The Yolkster

Banned
Awards
Explain what you mean a little more. Me confoosed:)
Would 8 weeks off cycle before starting another cycle give me similar results from the next cycle as if I were to take 8+ weeks off? Sorry if im confusing you haha, kind of a hard question to word out

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would 8 weeks off cycle before starting another cycle give me similar results from the next cycle as if I were to take 8+ weeks off? Sorry if im confusing you haha, kind of a hard question to word out
Assuming that your HPTA was recovered enough then the results should be roughly comparable. As long as you stay on point with diet/training and don't backslide more time off is optimal health wise. For gains though, cycle time is precious.

The Yolkster

The Yolkster

Banned
Awards
Assuming that your HPTA was recovered enough then the results should be roughly comparable. As long as you stay on point with diet/training and don't backslide more time off is optimal health wise. For gains though, cycle time is precious.
8 weeks off it is then, thanks haha.