Trest and hairloss

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Ok gents, I am looking for some feedback from previous Trest users, specifically how it affected your hair. I understand that Trest cannot convert to DHT but I also know that it can be highly androgenic. Also, I understand what AAS can do to hair so those points are moot here.

I am running Trest this winter and would like some feedback from previous Trest users!

I would like to know...

1) What affect it had on your hair, both negative and positive.
2) Are you prone to MPB/thinning?
3) What preventative measure were you taking?
4) What dosage were you running and for how long?
5) How did it affect your hair vs other AAS?

I am guessing that many of the users here are bald and have given up the fight for hair many years ago but I am still holding fairly strong in the hair department because of many years of preventative measures. I am okay with slowing the process down and at the same time dealing with the side effects of AAS usage.

Thanks for the feedback. Cheers.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1. Some thinning
2. not prone to MPB but I do get shedding on AAS
3. I always use Nizoral 2%, but I ran out when using Trest, and it didn't become a problem. Nizoral 2% seems to always do the trick for me though.
3. 350mg/week (IM), 6 weeks
4. Not as bad as EQ/Mast

FWIW I have a very thick full head of hair. No receding hairline, etc

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A lot of hair loss. Very noticeable.
Prone.
Test and mast are fine, trest was by far worse.
No preventative measures.
125-400mg a week at various times.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
1. Some thinning
2. not prone to MPB but I do get shedding on AAS
3. I always use Nizoral 2%, but I ran out when using Trest, and it didn't become a problem. Nizoral 2% seems to always do the trick for me though.
3. 350mg/week (IM), 6 weeks
4. Not as bad as EQ/Mast

FWIW I have a very thick full head of hair. No receding hairline, etc
I have been using 2% Nizroal for many years now and it does help but it is by no means a miracle worker. I wonder if IM would affect the hair more so than Oral and TD application? Probably just wishful thinking on my part..

Thanks!

A lot of hair loss. Very noticeable.
Prone.
Test and mast are fine, trest was by far worse.
No preventative measures.
125-400mg a week at various times.
Damn. I have been thinning for years and my last Triumph run definitely thinned me out a bit more so Trest might hit me hard.

IM Trest?

Thanks!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think IM will be much stronger.

I'm comparing it against a run (stack) of test/EQ/mast that I did. That stack was much worse on shedding for me than trest alone, but I've got a full head of hair so I'm probably not the best one to give advice/feedback in here.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been using 2% Nizroal for many years now and it does help but it is by no means a miracle worker. I wonder if IM would affect the hair more so than Oral and TD application? Probably just wishful thinking on my part..

Thanks!

Damn. I have been thinning for years and my last Triumph run definitely thinned me out a bit more so Trest might hit me hard.

IM Trest?

Thanks!
Just im. Who got time for pills all day long? Lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As a side note, hair will be the least serious side you'll need to worry about on trest. It's sides can linger long after you've finished your run too.

BP/insomnia was the worst for me, even after discontinuing.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As a side note, hair will be the least serious side you'll need to worry about on trest. It's sides can linger long after you've finished your run too.

Same

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established

I hear what your're saying. I have measures to deal with high BP, high E, etc. Sleeping has alway been a task for me so I may have to keep an eye on this or just take more pills. Lol. Seriously though, I am not doing IM Trest so hopefully the sides will be less noticeable for me. I was thinking TD application in the a.m. and fast acting oral in the PM PWO. Hopefully the oral caps would be mostly out of my system prior to sleep time.

Thanks for the additional feedback.

hide83

Awards
Used td trest and it was pretty easy my hairline. I'm surprised at the shedding of others because supposedly trest does not convert to dht. I am very prone to mpb. Epistane was a freaking nightmare on my hairline. I had about 6 years worth of hair loss in 6 weeks.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Used td trest and it was pretty easy my hairline. I'm surprised at the shedding of others because supposedly trest does not convert to dht. I am very prone to mpb. Epistane was a freaking nightmare on my hairline. I had about 6 years worth of hair loss in 6 weeks.
From reading, the double-bond structure makes it extremely difficult for the compound to be 5-alpha reduced into DHT or any DHT-like metabolites. Trest does have a high affinity for the AR receptor though. There are plenty of these receptors throughout the body, including the muscles, prostate and scalp.

It's interesting though that you didn't have much issue with the TD version, which is what I will be taking (along with oral PWO). What dosage and for how long did you take Trest?

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I understand that one person's experience will not necessarily equal the same experience for the next guy, but this discussion is great nonetheless.

I'd like to hear more feedback from all you Trest users out there. I know plenty of people have purchased Trest recently and they may enjoy (or not :]) the discussion here. I'm particularly (and selfishly) interested in more feedback from oral/TD users.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Epistane is brutal on me for sides. Tons of shedding and nut pain like nothing else has ever given me. I also get super aggressive on it. Crazy for such a "mild" oral

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Definitely one of the reasons I always steered clear of Epistane and others, and instead opted for the 4-chloro steroids.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Epistane is brutal on me for sides. Tons of shedding and nut pain like nothing else has ever given me. I also get super aggressive on it. Crazy for such a "mild" oral
Epi treated the best next to test, mast, and dbol. One of my all time favorites. Easy on my hair also. We are all different.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I understand that one person's experience will not necessarily equal the same experience for the next guy, but this discussion is great nonetheless.

I'd like to hear more feedback from all you Trest users out there. I know plenty of people have purchased Trest recently and they may enjoy (or not :]) the discussion here. I'm particularly (and selfishly) interested in more feedback from oral/TD users.
I had the same level of hair loss on mentabolan (pH to trest) as I did im trest for what its worth.

Edit: im will be stronger than TD or oral. And if I remember right the a:a ratio was different for oral than it was for im. I'd assume TD to be similar.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Epi treated the best next to test, mast, and dbol. One of my all time favorites. Easy on my hair also. We are all different.
Totally agree. I just despise orals now in general and stick to oils/esters/transdermals. Much more predictable. For instance, superdrol doesn't do much for me outside of strength gains, but for others, they blow up. Orals just have far too many sides/risks for me now in general.

hide83

Awards
From reading, the double-bond structure makes it extremely difficult for the compound to be 5-alpha reduced into DHT or any DHT-like metabolites. Trest does have a high affinity for the AR receptor though. There are plenty of these receptors throughout the body, including the muscles, prostate and scalp.

It's interesting though that you didn't have much issue with the TD version, which is what I will be taking (along with oral PWO). What dosage and for how long did you take Trest?
I ran 50 mg a day of td and 25-50 oral pwo or throughout the day of I felt a little lethargic. This was for 8 weeks and I ran it with oral tren at 90mg

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I ran 50 mg a day of td and 25-50 oral pwo or throughout the day of I felt a little lethargic. This was for 8 weeks and I ran it with oral tren at 90mg
That dosing is exactly what I plan on running for Trest. I wil be running it with Pmag though and for 6 weeks. Thanks for the feedback.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Bumping this up. Would like to hear some more feedback.

yates84 T-Bone booneman77 goodvibes - I know you guys have all run Trest in some form, any thoughts on this topic?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Toren I've never really had a significant problem with hair loss and never paid much attention to it. My hair is thinning a bit now as I grow older, but I've never noticed any increase on any anabolics, DHT based or not. I shave my head anyway.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I guess you're lucky in the hair department. Thanks for the feedback!

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
1. No thinning
2. not prone to MPB.
3. None
3. 525mg/week 6 weeks
4. Mast is worse here

td method is fantastic Toren

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
1. No thinning
2. not prone to MPB.
3. None
3. 525mg/week 6 weeks
4. Mast is worse here

td method is fantastic Toren
Awesome! I hope it's fantastic for me too. My only concern is my long flowing locks of blonde hair (which are actually not long or blonde).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome! I hope it's fantastic for me too. My only concern is my long flowing locks of blonde hair (which are actually not long or blonde).
Zero impact on hair for me as well. I have naturally thick hair tho and not much family history of mpb tho fwiw.

Im @25-50mg ed for me was more than enough. Was stacking with epi for 4 of 8 weeks as well without any issue.

Only side I had was battling sensitive nips. Chugging Adex all day. Gains were awesome, and kept every lb of strength and weight well after pct. currently sitting at similar bf as this time last year and 10- 15lb heavier. I attribute most of this to that cycle

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Zero impact on hair for me as well. I have naturally thick hair tho and not much family history of mpb tho fwiw.

Im @25-50mg ed for me was more than enough. Was stacking with epi for 4 of 8 weeks as well without any issue.

Only side I had was battling sensitive nips. Chugging Adex all day. Gains were awesome, and kept every lb of strength and weight well after pct. currently sitting at similar bf as this time last year and 10- 15lb heavier. I attribute most of this to that cycle
With my predisposition, I fully expect Trest to impact my hair a bit. If it doesn't, great!

I'm guessing your gains were probably easier to keep as the adex probably kept you fairly dry during your cycle. I'll run a low-dose of Exem during the cycle and hope for some great keepable gains as well. I'm not a fan of being soft or wet but I definitely want to see some nice weight gains during this cycle, so I'll just have to see how the compound treats me. It's funny, some guys say Trest didn't do much for them while others rave about it. Hopefully I fall into the latter category.

Thanks!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
With my pre-disposition, I fully expect Trest to impact my hair a bit. If it doesn't, great!

I'm guessing your gains were probably easier to keep as the adex probably kept you fairly dry during your cycle. I'll run a low-dose of Exem during the cycle and hope for some great keepable gains as well. I'm not a fan of being soft or wet but I definitely want to see some nice weight gains during this cycle, so I'll just have to see how the compound treats me. It's funny, some guys say Trest didn't do much for them while others rave about it. Hopefully I fall into the latter category.

Thanks!
Even as I tapered up the Adex (as always I started very low and only upped due to sides), I never experienced any bloat or even "wetness" that an aromatizing compound usually gives. It was strictly nip issues that had me upping my dose. Not sure if it's due to it being methyl est or not, but water weight was never an issue for me.

Oddly enough though, I can get severely bloated from one wrong meal so there's that too ha.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am prone. Ran anywhere from 25 to 50mg IM every day. Noticed a slight increase in shedding but nothing crazy and barely noticeable. I also ran it for 4 months with no noticable receding. Just more hairs falling iut

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I guess now is a good time to update my cycle. Today is day 15 and the gains are legit. Weight is up, strength is up, and the muscle pumps from the combo of Trest/Pmag are incredible. I actuallly had jaw pumps today from eating my lunch and had temple pumps last week from a meal with plenty of chewing.

The compound definitely meets expectations as far as being androgenic. The last couple of days have shown the beginnings of mild hormonal acne on my forehead. My hair may also be starting to thin a bit. I will keep an eye on it going forward. I am finding the gains to be dry in nature with very minimal AI usage. Dosage was 50mg TD ED for the 1st 12 days, and now I have included 25mg Oral PWO so I am at @ 75mg ED.

Just under 4 weeks left to go and I think I will have to buy new clothes if things continue in the same direction.

cookdog

cookdog

Awards
Nice! We started our cycles at the same time. Except I'm doing lgd and trest. 8mg lgd, and 50mg td trest with 50mg oral pwo. I'm up 3lbs so far on a recomp diet. Strength is up a little too. No hair shredding or any other sides so far. Taking 12.5 aromasin e3d. Really liking the cycle!

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So TD generally have less shedding than Oral? what is the reasoning? I apologise if you said this already

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
So TD generally have less shedding than Oral? what is the reasoning? I apologise if you said this already
TD application should allow for more stable blood plasma levels of the compound but I don't think that it will protect you in the hair department any more than oral application. I think once the compound builds up in your system and has had a chance to impart it's effects, you will see hairloss sides if you are prone.

I will say though, that with such a short half-life, when taken orally, the likelihood for more hormonal peaks and valleys does make for more chances for negative side-effects. Those sides would probably translate more into estrogen fluctuations, as well as fluctuations with mood and energy. Blood pressure spikes are also more evident with oral application as you get a bolus dose of the compound versus a more sustained release from the TD. I can definitely feel the oral dose PWO but I can't say that I feel a TD application (other than maybe the first one).

In the end though, the amount of the compound in your system and the length of time that it is kept there, will dictate the severity of the effect it imparts.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Just bumping this up for those that are interested.

Today is day 28 on Trest and I have dosed between 50-100mg ED (TD/Oral). The acceleration in hair shedding, specifically at the hairline, has increased and is now starting to bother me a bit. Today I dosed 25mg TD and I will ride that dose out for the next 2 weeks until the PMag is finished. I have some dermacrine I can add into the mix if need be. The hairloss hasn't been crazy but it is noticeable and the longer I stay on the compound, the more pronounced the effects will be. I may even drop the Trest after this week and just finish up with Dermacrine as my base.

Other than the hair shedding and a couple bouts of mild acne, the compound is plenty of fun and I see no negative side-effects. The initial spike in weight gain was nice and clean, although that weight gain has leveled off a bit, which was expected. The strength gains have been nice and steady and the muscle pump during workouts is fantastic as well. I have not had any issues with blood pressure at all.

As far as using Trest as a base, I think that will really depend on the user. I did not get any alpha feeling from the compound and my libido took a noticeable dip when I switched from LGD/Dermacrine to Pmag/Trest. The increased supression is probably the culprit there. The hardware still works great but I can definitely 'feel' the supression. I did notice some increased aggression with the Trest but nothing that was out of the ordinary for being on cycle. At the end of the day, while this compound keeps things functioning and the gains are nice, nothing will replace good old Testosterone, whether it be natural production or otherwise.

If you are someone that is worried about your hairline, suffers from MPB or who has been battling hairloss for a few years, I would avoid the compound. At the very least, use it for short cycles of 4-5 weeks at a 'base' dose of 25-50mg. If you have a great head of hair, I would say have at it. Other than the hair issue, I think the sweet spot for me would have been 100-125mg ED.

P.S. My anti-hairloss regimen on this cycle consisted of daily use of either 2% Nizoral or Pura D'or Gold label anti-hairloss shampoo, as well as 1-2 x daily application of 5% topical spiro cream.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
You should contact Trump. He doesn't seem to have a problem with hair loss. I'll bet he could take Trest and actually grow more hair.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
You should contact Trump. He doesn't seem to have a problem with hair loss. I'll bet he could take Trest and actually grow more hair.
He'd probably end up with a full C cup as well. That hair and a C cup would be an interesting look.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Toren I've never really had a significant problem with hair loss and never paid much attention to it. My hair is thinning a bit now as I grow older, but I've never noticed any increase on any anabolics, DHT based or not. I shave my head anyway.
Ha-ha, me too! I shaved mine when it started to look like Michael Bolton about 10 years back, before I even started lifting ;)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha-ha, me too! I shaved mine when it started to look like Michael Bolton about 10 years back, before I even started lifting ;)
Michael Bolton has a ton of hair!. I haven't seen a recent picture of the guy but I remember he always had a ton hair. Put a skirt on him and he's a lady.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Michael Bolton has a ton of hair!. I haven't seen a recent picture of the guy but I remember he always had a ton hair. Put a skirt on him and he's a lady.
I've always considered him to have a skullet, lol.

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
Just bumping this up for those that are interested.

Today is day 28 on Trest and I have dosed between 50-100mg ED (TD/Oral). The acceleration in hair shedding, specifically at the hairline, has increased and is now starting to bother me a bit. Today I dosed 25mg TD and I will ride that dose out for the next 2 weeks until the PMag is finished. I have some dermacrine I can add into the mix if need be. The hairloss hasn't been crazy but it is noticeable and the longer I stay on the compound, the more pronounced the effects will be. I may even drop the Trest after this week and just finish up with Dermacrine as my base.

Other than the hair shedding and a couple bouts of mild acne, the compound is plenty of fun and I see no negative side-effects. The initial spike in weight gain was nice and clean, although that weight gain has leveled off a bit, which was expected. The strength gains have been nice and steady and the muscle pump during workouts is fantastic as well. I have not had any issues with blood pressure at all.

As far as using Trest as a base, I think that will really depend on the user. I did not get any alpha feeling from the compound and my libido took a noticeable dip when I switched from LGD/Dermacrine to Pmag/Trest. The increased supression is probably the culprit there. The hardware still works great but I can definitely 'feel' the supression. I did notice some increased aggression with the Trest but nothing that was out of the ordinary for being on cycle. At the end of the day, while this compound keeps things functioning and the gains are nice, nothing will replace good old Testosterone, whether it be natural production or otherwise.

If you are someone that is worried about your hairline, suffers from MPB or who has been battling hairloss for a few years, I would avoid the compound. At the very least, use it for short cycles of 4-5 weeks at a 'base' dose of 25-50mg. If you have a great head of hair, I would say have at it. Other than the hair issue, I think the sweet spot for me would have been 100-125mg ED.

P.S. My anti-hairloss regimen on this cycle consisted of daily use of either 2% Nizoral or Pura D'or Gold label anti-hairloss shampoo, as well as 1-2 x daily application of 5% topical spiro cream.
Have you tried Azelaic Acid & Minoxidil (15% + 5%) drops? I bought some for my Lgd+Stanodrol cycle. Not sure how effective it is but I've read good things about the combo!

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Azelaic Acid & Minoxidil (15% + 5%) drops? I bought some for my Lgd+Stanodrol cycle. Not sure how effective it is but I've read good things about the combo!
That should be a good combo. I would still use some Nizoral or Pura D'or Gold as well. I have used most of what is out there (including AA) but it can get too costly when there are so many things being used. I have never used Minox but I may some day. I never liked the idea of it for some reason and I think I would probably only use it on the crown area, as opposed to all over. I may add it to the regimen at some point this year as the crown has started to thin a bit now.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've got a large stash of nizoral 2% cream. Seems like it'd work real well overnight. Anyone try this stuff?

I've got a thick full head of hair at 38yrs old but I still get worried about hair loss, so I want to do what I can.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I've got a large stash of nizoral 2% cream. Seems like it'd work real well overnight. Anyone try this stuff?

I've got a thick full head of hair at 38yrs old but I still get worried about hair loss, so I want to do what I can.
I've never tried that and I actually forgot about it altogether. I use a topical spironolactone cream overnight but it is a mild anti-androgen when applied topically and has a short half-life. The longer half-life on Keto and the fact that is is a stronger topical anti-androgen may mean the cream is that much more effective. I'd only wonder if it increases the potential for systemic sides from more keto being absorbed topically. AT 2% strength, I don't think it would matter that much. At the very least, it might be a good addition on cycle.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25116-page-0-category-0-order-last_answer.html

I'm going to get some and give it a try on my next cycle.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never tried that and I actually forgot about it altogether. I use a topical spironolactone cream overnight but it is a mild anti-androgen when applied topically and has a short half-life. The longer half-life on Keto and the fact that is is a stronger topical anti-androgen may mean the cream is that much more effective. I'd only wonder if it increases the potential for systemic sides from more keto being absorbed topically. AT 2% strength, I don't think it would matter that much. At the very least, it might be a good addition on cycle.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25116-page-0-category-0-order-last_answer.html

I'm going to get some and give it a try on my next cycle.
Thanks for the link. I actually hadn't looked into it at all since this is really helpful. I purchased a bunch of the cream once from overseas when this place was out of the shampoo. I'm thinking it might not need to be used nightly.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the link. I actually hadn't looked into it at all since this is really helpful. I purchased a bunch of the cream once from overseas when this place was out of the shampoo. I'm thinking it might not need to be used nightly.
Nightly would definitely be more beneficial but since it actually works to block the AR receptor, EOD would certainly have it's benefits too.

I know you'll find this interesting - in the study (3rd last paragraph in the link I provided), they actually used Methyltrienolone to test the ability of Ketoconazole (Nizoral) to downregulate/suppress androgen receptor activity.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nightly would definitely be more beneficial but since it actually works to block the AR receptor, EOD would certainly have it's benefits too.

I know you'll find this interesting - in the study (3rd last paragraph in the link I provided), they actually used Methyltrienolone to test the ability of Ketoconazole (Nizoral) to downregulate/suppress androgen receptor activity.
Oh sh!t, and it had a systemic effect? Hrmmm I like my androgens circulating and active!

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Oh sh!t, and it had a systemic effect? Hrmmm I like my androgens circulating and active!
Nope, it was some petri dish type experiemnt with the Methyltren. I have never seen any test that showed topical use of keto has any systemic effect. I've been using it for 8+ years without any issue. Oral use of keto is another story altogether!

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
From this link.

"Absorption:

Shampoo—Ketoconazole 2% shampoo was not detected in the plasma of 39 patients who shampooed 4 to 10 times a week for 6 months or in 33 patients who shampooed 2 or 3 times a week for 3 to 26 months (mean: 16 months). {24}

Cream—After a single topical application of ketoconazole cream to the chest, back, and arms of normal volunteers, systemic absorption of ketoconazole was not detected during the following 72-hour period, using a minimum detection level of 5 nanograms per mL in blood."

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope, it was some petri dish type experiemnt with the Methyltren. I have never seen any test that showed topical use of keto has any systemic effect. I've been using it for 8+ years without any issue. Oral use of keto is another story altogether!
Ahhhh phew.... good haha

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely thinning here! I mean... there was not much on my head when I started, -but now it's less.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 5
SkRaw85 Anabolics 39
Anabolics 2
PhantomReaper Anabolics 11
Dominus Anabolics 18