Do you lose weight while cutting on cycle?

Jason11111

Awards
My question for you guys is say your aiming to lose body fat and are eating at a 500 calories deficit per day are you going to lose weight if your taking anabolics?

I'm wondering because I've looked up 3-4 cutting logs where they stay in a 1000 calorie deficit and it seems that they lose only like 4 pounds in a 8 week cycle but they do lose a good amount of body fat. I'm assuming this is because of glycogen/water/and some new lbm

I'm 189 right now at around 13% and I planned on doing a 7 week prohormone cycle of 1 andro epi andro and endura shred to try to get to 8% bf

I figured i would probably reach that at about 175 pounds but now the more I look at logs it seems that I can attain that at more so 182 8%?

Just wondering so that when I cycle I don't become worried that I'm not losing any weight even though I'm in a deficit?

What weight do you guys think I can reach 8% bf at if I'm 189 13% 5'10?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically to get to 175 @ 8% body fat, you need to lose 2lbs a week for 7 weeks.

Personally i don't think it's possible to do once your at 13% body fat.

If you were 20% body fat and told me you wanted to lose 14lbs in 7 weeks,
i'd tell you no problem.

But it gets tougher and tougher once you get down closer to your goal.

And if you were able to lose 14lbs in the 7 week cycle, i would think you'd
lose some muscle too, unless you were on a good amount of test too.

And if that happened, you'd find yourself at 175, but at 10 or 11% body fat,
instead of the 8% that you want.

Im not saying its impossible, but it would definitely be out of the norm.

To maintain muscle mass, and get to your goal, you should shoot for 1/2 to 1lb per week.

Most competitive athletes would plan this out over 16 weeks instead of 7 weeks.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^Agreed. Once you hit that certain BF percentage it gets tougher and tougher. I feel like i'm at a plateau right now but it just takes more time and consistency once it gets lower and lower.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^Agreed. Once you hit that certain BF percentage it gets tougher and tougher.
I feel like i'm at a plateau right now but it just takes more time and consistency once it gets lower and lower.
i've been at a plateau for quite a while now. Im about 13.5 to 14% and have been trying everything to get past
this sticking point. And i dont know if i can cut my calories any lower.

Jason11111

Awards
So would you say that it might just be better to recomp?

Because I am sure that if I did a recomp I could end up around 190 11% (just dropping 2%bf while staying the same weight)

And that would look a lot better than just being like 183 at like 10%.

deepseajs

deepseajs

Awards
  • Established
Have you read about the ketogenic diet? It's pretty awesome for cutting fat you just won't really gain any size from it. But if done properly you will maintain what you have. I'm not an expert on it but I did it a couple years ago and leaned up very nicely. I plan on doing it again in a few months. Not sure what kind of gains you could expect on cycle from it tho. Could be worth a shot