A question about the fabled Roid Rage

muscleless

Awards
So I'm going to run a cycle of super dmz 2.0, and i am normally a very controlled person but when i ran 3.0, i had a single bout of borderline roid rage (punched a refrigerator, and was legitimately pissed off for a good reason), nearly broke my hand. Never had anything like that happen before or after, but it was the fourth week of the cycle, that aside...

I have ran quite a few cycles now and havent had a problem until then. This was the same time i thought my ai was bunk (aromadex). And recently it has been discovered that estrogen causes the so called roid rage (basically exasperation of a underlying issue). So, if i be sure to take a legit anti-e, in theory would this not alleviate any so called rage that could possibly happen?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Roid rage (in my opinion) is simply a lack of control. It's not that the steroid "makes you" do something, it simply exaggerates your emotions or reactions. The secret to avoiding "roid rage": remember you're on cycle and that things will make you feel stronger. Think before you act/react more than normal and you'll stay in control.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^True. It is easier to get irritated and more aggressive while using anabolics but true uncontrollable Roid Rage is a lack of maturity and impulse control or a psychosis due to prolonged steroid abuse. Those who cycle responsibly in all ways should have no issues unless lacking maturity. Another reason why anabolics should be omitted until one is at an appropriate physical and mental maturity.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
^^^True. It is easier to get irritated and more aggressive while using anabolics but true uncontrollable Roid Rage is a lack of maturity and impulse control or a psychosis due to prolonged steroid abuse. Those who cycle responsibly in all ways should have no issues unless lacking maturity. Another reason why anabolics should be omitted until one is at an appropriate physical and mental maturity.
Totally agree.

OP, if you're looking for a solution to your problems, just look at your normal reactions to things and see where everyday issues lie. Those are the situations you want to avoid or at least minimize and ensure focus when you're in them to prevent problems.

There's really no supplement that can alter your state of mind and thought process short of legit drugs (which really would be dangerous on cycle).

muscleless

Awards
Thats what i mean, i have always had control but that one time i did lose control, but never did before and havent since. I am predisposed to anger issues but I myself have never had any issues until that one time. So thats why i was looking for input as to whether controlling estrogen better could potentially reduce the risk of it affecting any underlying issues i may have. Like i said, this was a one time thing, I've ran two six-week cycles of epistane since then with no issues. The question wasn't about how mature i am, its about the correlation between bunk anti estrogens and the fact that the entire and only cycle i was irritable as all hell.

Considering i logically ran the epistane with no anti-e, and had no problems, it leads me to beleive that the antiestrogenic effects of the epistane blocked its effect on my mood. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that estrogen gave me roid rage, I'm just saying there is a correlation and am looking for input on that and whether or not that would have any effect on mood.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thats what i mean, i have always had control but that one time i did lose control, but never did before and havent since. I am predisposed to anger issues but I myself have never had any issues until that one time. So thats why i was looking for input as to whether controlling estrogen better could potentially reduce the risk of it affecting any underlying issues i may have. Like i said, this was a one time thing, I've ran two six-week cycles of epistane since then with no issues. The question wasn't about how mature i am, its about the correlation between bunk anti estrogens and the fact that the entire and only cycle i was irritable as all hell.

Considering i logically ran the epistane with no anti-e, and had no problems, it leads me to beleive that the antiestrogenic effects of the epistane blocked its effect on my mood. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that estrogen gave me roid rage, I'm just saying there is a correlation and am looking for input on that and whether or not that would have any effect on mood.
Well bluntly, I can't see any reason estrogen levels should have any impact on anger. Test levels, sure, but estro, nah.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Roid rage (in my opinion) is simply a lack of control. It's not that the steroid "makes you" do something, it simply exaggerates your emotions or reactions. The secret to avoiding "roid rage": remember you're on cycle and that things will make you feel stronger. Think before you act/react more than normal and you'll stay in control.
This x10.
I've had anger problems in the past, but I learned what made me mad, how to keep that anger under control, and get over it and respond to the situation sensibly or get the hell out of it and cool off.
Nowadays it's second nature and a lot of people think of me as a guy who hardly ever gets mad.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course running synthetic versions of the hormone responsible for aggression is going to make you more aggressive. Especially at super-physiological doses.

The higher the dosage to harder it will be to control your reactions. Especially if your younger. You even said you were pre-disposed to anger issues. Someone with those issues in my opinion shouldn't be running AAS. At least see a shrink or therapist and try to get it under control first. Maybe wait a few years. How old are you?

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
Well bluntly, I can't see any reason estrogen levels should have any impact on anger. Test levels, sure, but estro, nah.
I see where your coming from, but elevated estrogen levels can cause mood swings and exaggerated emotional responses. Put that together with an increase in aggression from increased test levels and I can see it contributing to making a bad choice and doing some dumb ****. That and you should always have an AI on hand anyway, you don't want to break into tears while dead lifting.

That being said I agree with those that said it's a matter of maturity, both in use of anabolics and in dealing with daily life issues more so than anything else.

GetRekt

Awards
I can attest that high E can change your emotions dramatically. Think of your girl while she's pms, it's the exact same, except now you have extremely high test along with it. Yes, it is a self control thing, but high E will make it much more difficult to control.

Do your best to figure out your underlying issues, and work on those, but get a legit AI and you will find it a hell of a lot easier. Just my experience.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I see where your coming from, but elevated estrogen levels can cause mood swings and exaggerated emotional responses. Put that together with an increase in aggression from increased test levels and I can see it contributing to making a bad choice and doing some dumb ****. That and you should always have an AI on hand anyway, you don't want to break into tears while dead lifting.

That being said I agree with those that said it's a matter of maturity, both in use of anabolics and in dealing with daily life issues more so than anything else.
I can attest that high E can change your emotions dramatically. Think of your girl while she's pms, it's the exact same, except now you have extremely high test along with it. Yes, it is a self control thing, but high E will make it much more difficult to control.

Do your best to figure out your underlying issues, and work on those, but get a legit AI and you will find it a hell of a lot easier. Just my experience.
You should actually have extremely LOW test... unless you're running test itself, the other hormones are going to shut down natural test, replacing its effects with whatever you're running (in this case dmz)... Now I can see dmz increasing aggression, but still, estro shouldn't really be that problem.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
double

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
You should actually have extremely LOW test... unless you're running test itself, the other hormones are going to shut down natural test, replacing its effects with whatever you're running (in this case dmz)... Now I can see dmz increasing aggression, but still, estro shouldn't really be that problem.
You are on point there booneman, I didn't take into account that the OP was running dmz only. I guess my comment was more in relation to most of the cycles I've run which I use something for a test base. When I hear the term roid rage, I don't typically think of guys using ph/ps which are otc but that is my fault for assuming ...

GetRekt

Awards
Yeah, makes sense Boone. You got this one. Typically the "roid rage" you hear about is from test/tren cycles. I have run dmz solo and the low T never gave me rage, more like depression lol. When I ran dmz and trest with a **** AI, my mood was all over the place, from ecstatic to crying to depressed to rage. Now I'm using test as a base, and was a little unstable but not aggressive, now that I have my estrogen in line I'm completely stable. Exactly like my normal self but more confident.

I was assuming they were talking about the roid rage you'd hear about, which would typically be from aggressive personalities along with high test and high est.