question about being "shut down"?

clayface91

clayface91

Awards
this is just for sake of curiosity, but i can't seem to find a real answer so i'll ask you guys..

i understand being shut down to mean that you have very low levels of natural test

but, if you are on a cycle of test or other AAS, then you will still have artificial test in your body, and if that's the case then do you feel fine on cycle, as in no side effects of low test (other than shrunken testicals)? has anybody had libido/erection issues on cycle and if so how would you avoid this?

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
You need actual testosterone in your system. So you cant take dbol or some other oral steroid or you'll most likely feel like **** on cycle. There are other options like dermacrine, 4-andro, and Tr3st by Olympus labs. Trest would be the best option but sides can get iffy

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
I have no actual experience, just what I've accumulated from staying active on this forum. Some guys on here will swear they had no lethargy or libido loss. Apparently it's user dependent

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Yes you can still be on cycle with testosterone and suffer low libido and lethargy. It means your estrogen is out of range.(typically too low). But you won't feel shutdown because you have synthetic test in your body. Hopefully that answers your question.

clayface91

clayface91

Awards
Yes you can still be on cycle with testosterone and suffer low libido and lethargy. It means your estrogen is out of range.(typically too low). But you won't feel shutdown because you have synthetic test in your body. Hopefully that answers your question.

yes that does thank you. so is it always an estrogen problem or just thats the usual problem causing it? i suppose certain drugs that affect progesterone/prolactin more than others have more risk of these side effects?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
unless someone is using an AI while on test their estrogen will not be low. Quite the opposite.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
unless someone is using an AI while on test their estrogen will not be low. Quite the opposite.
Absolutely correct, my insinuation was over use of an AI crushing estrogen would lead to lethargy and low libido and ED. Also letting estrogen raise too high will cause similar issues.
I think sometimes people are quick to over use AI's to avoid the dreaded man boobs.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
yes that does thank you. so is it always an estrogen problem or just thats the usual problem causing it? i suppose certain drugs that affect progesterone/prolactin more than others have more risk of these side effects?

Typically it's estrogen, unless running 19nor compounds like tren,deca, trest then prolacting would also come into play.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this is just for sake of curiosity, but i can't seem to find a real answer so i'll ask you guys..

i understand being shut down to mean that you have very low levels of natural test

but, if you are on a cycle of test or other AAS, then you will still have artificial test in your body, and if that's the case then do you feel fine on cycle, as in no side effects of low test (other than shrunken testicals)? has anybody had libido/erection issues on cycle and if so how would you avoid this?
Your question is the basis of Test replacement therapy.