Joint Pain from Tamoxifen / Osa Shred

R

rafy99

Awards
So what better way to pop the cherry with my first post than to gain more knowledge.

Any of you guys ever experience more pronounced joint pain with either of these two supplements.

every since I started both (been 13 days), I've had terrible pain in my left shoulder to the point where I couldn't do any chest related movements. Only certain shoulder movements / triceps.

Now I had a light weight / high rep chest session two days ago and it seemed the pain was getting better. Nothing as far as workouts has changed.

Just curious?

Thanks

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Can I ask why you are using them together? It's probably from the tamox overpowering the osta (osta generally helps joints). Are you in PCT? If so, I'd drop the osta depending on what you're coming off of.

R

rafy99

Awards
Yes currently in PCT. Coming off Super DMZ 2.0

I had read the Osta was good to include for PCT. (I was only going to run it for 4 weeks instead of the whole bottle 8 weeks).

Im doing 20/20/10/10 with the Tamox.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What dosage are you taking osta?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Are you using a test booster along side? I'd drop the Osta. It will probably do more harm than good. And what recommended dosage are you taking (we need mg)?

R

rafy99

Awards
Are you using a test booster along side? I'd drop the Osta. It will probably do more harm than good. And what recommended dosage are you taking (we need mg)?
25mg of ostarine which also contains 50mgs of Arimistane

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
AFAIK tamox AND osta should have a positive effect on joints. Osta is anabolic (this includes connective tissue) while tamox in theory raises estrogen levels, which would lubricate the joints. That said, I can see 3 things happening: a) osta overpowers tamox, hence the problems come from low estrogen b) tamox is causing it from the psychological side (some people feel like E is low even when it's high due to how tamox works) and c) the AI in the osta is for some reason doing more than it should (maybe they opted to use a cheaper/stronger AI than what's on the label; I don't know what company it is so I'm not attacking anyone).

If it stays away, good problem solved. If your joint pain comes back try some Achilles, bulk cissus and Joint Force.

R

rafy99

Awards
AFAIK tamox AND osta should have a positive effect on joints. Osta is anabolic (this includes connective tissue) while tamox in theory raises estrogen levels, which would lubricate the joints. That said, I can see 3 things happening: a) osta overpowers tamox, hence the problems come from low estrogen b) tamox is causing it from the psychological side (some people feel like E is low even when it's high due to how tamox works) and c) the AI in the osta is for some reason doing more than it should (maybe they opted to use a cheaper/stronger AI than what's on the label; I don't know what company it is so I'm not attacking anyone).

If it stays away, good problem solved. If your joint pain comes back try some Achilles, bulk cissus and Joint Force.

Thanks. The product is Osta Shred from Hard Rock Supplements. Read nothing but great reviews. And yeah like I mentioned, the pain seems to be alleviating but it was just so random that I honestly was taken by surprise. If anything should come up ill try the supps you recommended.

I also switched my Multi from Opti-Men to Orange Triad for the Added joint complex.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
25mg of ostarine which also contains 50mgs of Arimistane
Joint pain is common in tamox users. Why are you taking 25mg of osta in PCT???? The "PCT dose" is 10mg, and even that will suppress you further. IMHO, you need to reconsider the Osta right now

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just an FYI that at one time Osta was a popular recommendation for PCT. it has since been proven to be suppressive to the HPTA even at low doses. The degree to which it is suppressive differs from person to person. If used in PCT at a low dose it won't prevent recovery when used with a SERM but will more than likely slow it. Since the goal of PCT is to restore homeostasis, it is best to not include anything suppressive .

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joint pain is common in tamox users. Why are you taking 25mg of osta in PCT???? The "PCT dose" is 10mg, and even that will suppress you further. IMHO, you need to reconsider the Osta right now
This^^^

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely this.

R

rafy99

Awards
Just an FYI that at one time Osta was a popular recommendation for PCT. it has since been proven to be suppressive to the HPTA even at low doses. The degree to which it is suppressive differs from person to person. If used in PCT at a low dose it won't prevent recovery when used with a SERM but will more than likely slow it. Since the goal of PCT is to restore homeostasis, it is best to not include anything suppressive .
Absolutely this.

Well, f*ck me. For some reason I read it was ok during PCT. I did read it was suppressive for anything longer than 4 weeks. Im just finishing week 2 and only planned on running it for 4 weeks.

Guess I'll leave it out then.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Tamox blocks the effects of estrogen on bone in the setting of higher estrogen states. So it would hurt, not help.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, f*ck me. For some reason I read it was ok during PCT. I did read it was suppressive for anything longer than 4 weeks. Im just finishing week 2 and only planned on running it for 4 weeks.

Guess I'll leave it out then.
Like I said, it was a very popular recommendation at one time. Since then, a lot evidence has proven it to be counterproductive during PCT. You'll find the info and methods on this board to be very reliable and backed by more than bro science.

R

rafy99

Awards
Like I said, it was a very popular recommendation at one time. Since then, a lot evidence has proven it to be counterproductive during PCT. You'll find the info and methods on this board to be very reliable and backed by more than bro science.
Learning everyday! Ill discontinue. Better late than never.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Learning everyday! Ill discontinue. Better late than never.
Osta is suppressive at 3mg. Nothing suppressive belongs in pct, it is completely counterproductive. Check out a natural anabolic like epic unleashed for your pct, it's non suppressive and will still keep the gains coming!

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Tamox blocks the effects of estrogen on bone in the setting of higher estrogen states. So it would hurt, not help.
That's exactly what I thought. I even confirmed with Dr. Google. But I was waiting for someone with more knowledge to chime in.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn't Osta-Shred have Arimistane in it? Stuff dries a lot of people out.

R

rafy99

Awards
That's exactly what I thought. I even confirmed with Dr. Google. But I was waiting for someone with more knowledge to chime in.
I keep finding that cycling osta for 4 weeks or less tends to not lead to any suppression while still aiding in preservation of mass loss.

Would lowering the dosage to 1 pill (12.5mgs per day) be a considerable route or just eliminate all together?

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't aware of that antagonistic effect, I thought it was generally an agonist in most tissues except breast and pituitary.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I keep finding that cycling osta for 4 weeks or less tends to not lead to any suppression while still aiding in preservation of mass loss.

Would lowering the dosage to 1 pill (12.5mgs per day) be a considerable route or just eliminate all together?
Not worth the risk in my opinion.

B

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't Osta-Shred have Arimistane in it? Stuff dries a lot of people out.
Yes. he wrote 50mg Arimistane wich itself isn't that much normally and most users only get problems using 75mg or more. But I guess in the hormonal inbalance hes in right now it is enough to cause the issues.

Original Erase wasn't known as joint-killer for no reason.