GW-5015: Split dosages or no? Dosage? Timing?

Comeuppance

Awards
I just got my bottle of OL Cardar1ne, and I'm torn as to how I want to take it. Most threads I've read recommend taking a dose pre-workout, and the half-life is 20-24hrs and wouldn't need to be split up through the day.

I like to split up my doses of most things to keep them active all day and all night, but I also want to get the full effect during my workout.

Cardar1ne comes in 7mg caps, and many sources cite 20mg being a very reasonable daily dosage.

If I split the doses per label suggestions, I would get 7mg for my workout and 7mg later in the day.

Is the endurance effect dose-dependent? If so, it would seem wise to take the full dose PWO, like this:
14mg (2 caps) in the morning, pre-workout.
Followed by;
7mg (1 cap) 12 hours later

For a total of 21mg.

Would I see a notable difference between that and a 7/7 split? Getting 50% more out of a bottle sounds good to me, but it's inexpensive enough that I could justify a 14/7 split if I would see proportionately better results and endurance.

That also brings up another question: should I avoid taking it within a certain time before bed? While I have read that it is non-stimulatory, the notion of greatly increased energy and metabolism makes me think I may be too ramped up to get to sleep just from my own energy production.

Thank you! I appreciate your opinions and information.

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
I just got my bottle of OL Cardar1ne, and I'm torn as to how I want to take it. Most threads I've read recommend taking a dose pre-workout, and the half-life is 20-24hrs and wouldn't need to be split up through the day.

I like to split up my doses of most things to keep them active all day and all night, but I also want to get the full effect during my workout.

Cardar1ne comes in 7mg caps, and many sources cite 20mg being a very reasonable daily dosage.

If I split the doses per label suggestions, I would get 7mg for my workout and 7mg later in the day.

Is the endurance effect dose-dependent? If so, it would seem wise to take the full dose PWO, like this:
14mg (2 caps) in the morning, pre-workout.
Followed by;
7mg (1 cap) 12 hours later

For a total of 21mg.

Would I see a notable difference between that and a 7/7 split? Getting 50% more out of a bottle sounds good to me, but it's inexpensive enough that I could justify a 14/7 split if I would see proportionately better results and endurance.

That also brings up another question: should I avoid taking it within a certain time before bed? While I have read that it is non-stimulatory, the notion of greatly increased energy and metabolism makes me think I may be too ramped up to get to sleep just from my own energy production.

Thank you! I appreciate your opinions and information.
Bro im using it 2 caps ed pre workout and is perfect for me(energy,more reps),21mg 3 caps is even better and i definelty suggest you to take it pre workout to get all the benifits of Cardar1ne during your workout to maximize Gains ;) you will train harder and for longer

Comeuppance

Awards
Bro im using it 2 caps ed pre workout and is perfect for me(energy,more reps),21mg 3 caps is even better and i definelty suggest you to take it pre workout to get all the benifits of Cardar1ne during your workout to maximize Gains ;) you will train harder and for longer
Thank you! I still want to split doses, though, so, 14/7? Or should I just abandon the notion of splitting doses?

The nutrient partitioning, increased muscle formation, and the increased lipolysis are the main reasons I would want to split the doses and ensure uninterrupted 24/7 effectiveness. I have also read some comments that were pretty adamant about splitting doses. Heck, even the product itself suggests splitting dosages...

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Thank you! I still want to split doses, though, so, 14/7? Or should I just abandon the notion of splitting doses?

The nutrient partitioning, increased muscle formation, and the increased lipolysis are the main reasons I would want to split the doses and ensure uninterrupted 24/7 effectiveness. I have also read some comments that were pretty adamant about splitting doses. Heck, even the product itself suggests splitting dosages...
You can do whatever you want bro but again honestly in my personal experience the best time to take cardr1ne is in the morning on rest days or pre wo on workout days :)

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Experiment with the dosing to see if you notice any acute effects; going by the studies alone, though, this is unlikely.

Most (all?) of the benefits will take time to manifest, this compound works different to traditional partitioners.

Comeuppance

Awards
Experiment with the dosing to see if you notice any acute effects; going by the studies alone, though, this is unlikely.

Most (all?) of the benefits will take time to manifest, this compound works different to traditional partitioners.
See, I was surprised to find that so many people suggested taking it PWO, as my understanding was - as you mentioned - that any effects accumulated over time. Would there be a notable effect within a short window after each dose? Would I not have the same endurance boost if I had dosed 10 hours prior?

It's all anecdotal at this stage, which is the downside of research chems.

Experimentation is wasteful and is what I am hoping to avoid, but, with the lack of a true consensus, it may be my only realistic option.

Honestly, though, the 14/7 split is likely to be what I do if I can't get more information on the subject.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Dose-timing will likely be irrelevant as far as the main, long-term benefits of GW are concerned. Any experimentation wrt timing will have little impact on these.

However, in saying this, there is at least one reason to consider dosing some/all periworkout. The PPARd receptors are distributed throughout the body, but as athletes we want to maximise muscular tissue PPARd agonism. Most effective way to do this is to dose pre/post workout.

Comeuppance

Awards
Dose-timing will likely be irrelevant as far as the main, long-term benefits of GW are concerned. Any experimentation wrt timing will have little impact on these.

However, in saying this, there is at least one reason to consider dosing some/all periworkout. The PPARd receptors are distributed throughout the body, but as athletes we want to maximise muscular tissue PPARd agonism. Most effective way to do this is to dose pre/post workout.
Why is that? The way you've phrased that seems to imply that muscular tissues would see greater effect just because of the timing of the dosage. The compound would be in my blood at similar levels were I to have dosed it 10hrs beforehand, so it should exert the same effect were I to dose it 45min beforehand - if not a greater effect, as it would be fully circulated throughout my body.

I don't mean to argue, to be clear. I'm stating my understanding and asking for clarification of your statements. I simply do not know of a mechanism of action that would make such a compound more myogenic within a 45min timeframe of ingestion when the half-life is over 20 hours.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
How do you know the halflife is 20+ hrs?

Im basing the idea of periwo dosing on similiar grounds to arachidonic acid and phosphatidic acid. We dose these compounds prewo to maximise muscular tissue uptake, and minimise the uptake of these compounds by other tissue.

Comeuppance

Awards
How do you know the halflife is 20+ hrs?

Im basing the idea of periwo dosing on similiar grounds to arachidonic acid and phosphatidic acid. We dose these compounds prewo to maximise muscular tissue uptake, and minimise the uptake of these compounds by other tissue.
I don't have a study to point to, but, certainly, the majority of the literature I've read about GW have stated a 20-24hr half-life. This could be a case of chain copy-pasting, however, as is all too common with newer substances.

While researching arachidonic acid, I found something in a guide posted on these forums that does seem to resonate with your suggestion:

"It is also suggested to take Arachidonic Acid either completely fasted or 45 minutes Pre-workout. The reason for this is that both scenarios favour the depositon of Ara into skeletal muscle which is what we want (for its effects on building muscle). Pre-workout is favoured even more as eicosanoid biosynthesis begins when a body cell is activated by mechanical trauma, or in this instance, exercise. Ara also has the ability to act as a vasodilator which further solidifies its use pre-workout. Avoid taking with food as insulin will deposit Ara in adipose tissue and the effects of the compound will be wasted."

The mechanisms of action are surely very different, however, so I don't know if it's particularly relevant. I suppose my best bet is the take it with my PWO and nosh on some soy lecithin granules regardless.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Again, on one hand I suspect the dose timing to be irrelevant (to any non acute endurance adaptation brought about by the compound, and any fat loss).

But on the other hand I think there are potential benefits to dosing prewo (maximising muscular uptake, acute ergogenic).

Comeuppance

Awards
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NewAgeMayan again."

Well, I tried.

Thank you - I'm pretty confident in my 14/7 split plan at this stage, with your input combined with the anecdotal statements. Certainly, if there is some benefit to be had dosing PWO, then I had might as well dose then - on an empty stomach with absorption aids like soy lecithin, citrus bioflavonoids, and piperine. An additional dose 12 hours later (honestly, probably closer to 16-17 hours later as part of my empty-stomach before-bed stack) should keep it active throughout the day and night.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah, despite my best efforts I have been unable to find any official data indicating half life.