Internal Stomach Distension

A

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I am curious as to why whenever I run a cycle, my lower abdominal area protrudes and makes me look almost "pregnant" I can suck it in, but when I just let it completely rest it sticks out a little... and only around the belly button area.. Also, this seems to happen "overnight" and I gain a few MMs on the abdomen.. Now I have been told it is a result of estrogen, but I have run a lot of cycles with NO estrogenic compounds + an anti-e, and still had this problem... Now approximately 1 1/2 - 2 weeks after the cycle ends, things seem to normalize and the swelling subsides.. I don't really know how to explain it, other than it looking like I have a football turned sideways around my belly button..:rant: I would like to figure this out so I can avoid it if possible in the future... thanks.
:

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its common and goes away (or at least it most often does) with many different compounds. Search for stomach AND bloat in a few forum on this site and you'll find more threads.

O

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
i have very limited ph experiance, but i really didn't like the stomach distention that i got from 4-ad so i started taking a-dex .5mg ed while on and its made it a lot more tolerable and less noticable.

A

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
SD gave me some serious stomach discomfort and abdominal bloat, so I ended my cycle at 2 weeks and came out with ~17lbs total, not to shabby IMO.. although I have a strong feeling a lot was internal in the stomach area, as my waist grew 1 1/2-2" literally overnight, and stayed that measurement thru the cycle (this occured the end of the first week). I also must say that I had pretty bad constipation and diarrhea, but I am sure no one here wants to hear about my shitting regularities, lol. Now 1 week into PCT, I have lost almost all of the width on my waist, and managed to keep 1/2" in the arms and all of my strength (which I hope will last, as I know SD has lasting effects well after the 1 week mark of PCT) I don't really know how long it will be before I give SD another shot, but I can honestly say it will not be any time soon, simply due to the fact that my body needs a break and I find that feeling like a god while on cycle is damn addicting, nothing IMO beats the satisfaction of seeing the weights move up and knowing that your own body, and nothing but your own body (well, with the help of some CEE, heheheh great ****..) is responsible for what you are seeing...

OmarJackson, it sounds like your distension was due to 4-AD's estrogenic tendancies, but during my cycles I usually always run something along the lines of A-dex as well, as I am very gyno-prone (got a slight case of gyno my 2nd cycle of 1t/4ad) so Estrogen isn't the cause. Thanks tho.

B

Bobby Nevada

Awards
I'm in the middle of my 3rd week of SD 20mg/day, and my intestines seem inflamed. I've also noticed that I've been getting cramps/bloating after having any kind of milk product since I've been on this cycle (never had any trouble with lactose intolerance before). I wonder if there is any correlation.

D

djl7780

Awards
Hate to bump an old thread, but I am on week 2 of SD at 20mgs. this morning I woke up with stomach discomfort, and is still feeling that way. I also noticed I have been drinking a little more milk the last couple of days. anyone else have this problem on SD? Should I drop my dose down to 10mgs.. thanks in advance

A

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Hate to bump an old thread, but I am on week 2 of SD at 20mgs. this morning I woke up with stomach discomfort, and is still feeling that way. I also noticed I have been drinking a little more milk the last couple of days. anyone else have this problem on SD? Should I drop my dose down to 10mgs.. thanks in advance
Any conditions with your intestinal/digestive tract that may have existed before will definately be brought out with SD.. SD seems to make the intestines/stomach quite sensitive to things.. Seems to place a good deal of strain on the stomach as well.. I had to mega-dose acidopholus with some MRM Digest All to help.. I think it messes with your digestive enzymes in some sort of way.. Oh well, its just a damn shame that it works so well and causes me such severe discomfort... damn. wish there were something I could do to be able to run SD and not have these sickening issues..

C

coolbreeze

Awards
orals elevate IGF which enlarges smooth muscle as well...thats why you get distension

A

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
really? How come only some people experience this then?

B

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
All AAS elevate IGF levels, tren especially....

every person does not experience the same side effects, which is why some people dont feel the distension....me, for example.

C

coolbreeze

Awards
genetics.....more receptors on the gut wall...sure other factors can compound it.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
It is from using too much GH

BWAHAHAHA

Ok guys he hasn't taken growth so explain why he has it ;)

CROWLER

S

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He doesn't necessarily "have it" as in "the same thing as Ronnie". This guy says it goes away from stopping the cycle. If Ronnie's thing was from gear, how would one explain that the biggest guys from before the GH era didn't have huge guts?

Ronnie's thing is permanent, I'm sure. I'd love to see a photo of Yates now that he's not Mr. O anymore, but of course that's almost impossible.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
He doesn't necessarily "have it" as in "the same thing as Ronnie". This guy says it goes away from stopping the cycle. If Ronnie's thing was from gear, how would one explain that the biggest guys from before the GH era didn't have huge guts?

Ronnie's thing is permanent, I'm sure. I'd love to see a photo of Yates now that he's not Mr. O anymore, but of course that's almost impossible.
I am completely lost with this post.

What are you saying is the reason for the 'gut' we see on todays BBs?

Are you saying Dorian probably DOES still have a big gut?

CROWLER

S

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes that's what I am saying. I'm saying that Anarchy939 is experiencing something quite different from what Ronnie has, unless it is caused by gear, which is extremely unliquely since no BBer from before the GH era had large guts. Those guys took plenty of gear.

B

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
The huge distended bellies of today's bodybuilders has been blamed on GH/IGF use. Think about it, anything that acts on ALL cells of your body as with GH/IGF...will cause an increase in size in ALL cells. Makes perfect sense to me. It causes all your organs to grow. I heard about one world strongman that died, when they autopsied his body and removed his heart it was 750 grams, they said the normal size heart for a man of his stature would be about 350 grams--the doctors claimed it was from steroid use but I'm sure those guys were using GH/IGF before any of us even thought about juicin.....

S

SDaigneault

Board Supporter
Awards
i was actually going to post soemthing along these lines tonight. i've noticed that many of the guys in the gym that are on gear have that thick stomach. obviously, some of the thickness is from the back, but it also seems like their stomach muscles grow along with the rest of their muscles. my stomach is definitely thicker right now, i'm on a cycle of e...max, and i'm hoping it goes away when the cycle ends.

C

coolbreeze

Awards
it does shrink when you go off....butnever back to normal

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I have slight IBS and certain steroids bother my digestive track a lot. 4-AD rips me apart not sure why but my stomach and intestines can’t handle the 4-AD. Its like I get crones disease when I was on 4-AD.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
High level atheletes tend to develope bigger hearts and shortened life spans as a result. The addition of AAS, particularly methyls IMHO, will further exascerbate this problem.

Guys who are in the top 10% of powerlifting or endurance sports will likely not live very long lives. Lance Armstrong will probably keel over well before his 80's although he has the best training routines in the world. They spend an enormous amount of time "cycling down" after the Tour..I've been told by top level trainers that he cannot simply stop training when he retires or he'd die. They have to strategically decondition his cardio vascular system, lower his VO max or he'll be in trouble.

An elite powerlifter, juicing or not, is going to have an enlarged heart. It's simply the heart's only way to cope with the massive stresses put on it. Adding AAS to the mix has got to enhance this effect IMO.

As for extended guts..I tend to think there's a variety of reasons for this. Increased fluid retention, supercompensation of glycogen to all muscles including the organs/smooth muscles, the IGF connection and just plain shovelling down a ton of calories. Today's pro BBer is seemingly never off cycle. Those guys are always on something be it AAS, IGF, prostaglandins and God knows what else because we all know damn well that you cannot maintain 300+ without constant hormonal support. Thus, they pay the price for looking good for a whooping 5 years or so.