Question for anyone that's ran Super DMZ 2.0 with L5-S1 disc problems

erikxcore

Awards
Hi all - just to get stats out of the way I'm 5'7" 150lbs somewhere between 10-12% BF since having surgery and being off actual lifting for a few months. I realize I'm on the lighter side but I was a marathon runner - been seriously lifting for about 4 or 5 years. I was out of the game for about 3 months with my back problems but I'm pretty much back up to my regular lifts.

About 9 months ago I had a microdiscectomy on my L5-S1 disc which was herniated from squatting for too many sets and just had some bad form on that last rep but I'll spare the details there. I have a slightly bulged disc above this one, as well.

Since therapy all's been good - left leg isn't numb anymore and haven't had any back pain. I've been running DMZ this past week with gear support, animal pak, fish oil, and PCTIV. Drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. Haven't had any issues the first couple of days, have been able to lift and do other activities fine but last night during my arm workout I bent over to move a bench and my lower left back (near the incision site where my surgery was) flared up.. Exact location of the swelling and soreness would be to the left and slightly above the tailbone.

Sort of wanted to see if the 'back pumps' everyone talks about could be what I'm experiencing or if I flared up my disc somehow. Basically where I'm at right now is I'm having issues bending over and touching the ground with straight legs/back without pain or for example sitting and raising my legs straight out I can feel pain where my disc pain was. My girlfriend noticed I was walking a bit differently today and said my lower left back looked swollen. Is it possible this cycle is just tightening up the muscle back there and the blood flow is too strong? I still have some scar tissue from the surgery I believe. When I herniated the disc originally I felt and heard a snap that shot up through my back - I felt nothing similar yesterday and just a soreness in my lower back as if I did deadlifts.

Really just worried if I messed up my disc again by just bending over and moving that bench or if it's just a combination of scar tissue+DMZ messing with me. I ended up taking the day off work to rest and search for anyone else that's had disc problems and ran a PH but I haven't found much results.

In any case, I picked up some milk thistle pills, taurine pills, bananas, and low sodium V8. I took some ibuprofen earlier to some relief, but the pain I'm feeling is definitely reminiscent of my disc problems without the sciatica down the leg. I'm waiting on my PCT supply (tamoxifen, gear support, pctiv, eradicate) but I don't think I've been on this cycle long enough to shut down.

Thanks, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

F0xx3r

Awards
Didn't read all of it and appologize lol, I have a disc issue, slightly lower than yours , I was running 531 and Deadlifted and all the big lifts, I also experienced back pumps, just felt like a quick few kicks and went away few seconds later... my back sometimes did feel alittle extra tight while running a cycle (was a minor cycle of alpha 1 max)

The pumps and tightness went away when ended cycle, I only ran a support with it and now I know better for later cycles

What was recommended to me us to grab tudca for your insides and taurine helps with the pumps

Hope this helped some what, i anyone else can help him.

erikxcore

Awards
Haha all good. I picked up some extra milk thistle and ibuprofen...I'm hoping it's the thistle that reduced the inflamation but I made an appointment with my doctor anyway. I took yesterday off and hit shoulders tonight with no problems, been home for about an hour and just did some of the stretches my physical therapist suggested. Definitely still feel that area being 'sore' similiar to the disc pain but it's getting better...seems like 2 pills a day of DMZ might be too much for my body right now - or I just have to be very careful with the lower back area while running the cycle.

Not too sure if genetics have anything to play in this but my brother is running the same cycle and has been getting the real back pumps although he's running with less extra support. He said he was feeling the same ache I had although not as extreme as he hasn't slipped the disc at all...I'll update the thread with what my doctor suggests tomorrow since I don't want to be running with ibuprofen in the mix...although I don't want to really cut the cycle short, either.