Results of my first prohormone cycle + planning the next one

T

Therealmr

Awards
Alright folks, I am currently in the post-cycle phase of my first cycle.

I ran a 7 week cycle, starting with AMS 1-andro and AMS 4-ad. Upon the end of the 3rd week, I switched to Super Mandro and Andro the Giant, which are the same compounds in higher dose.

Over this 7 week cycle, I gained 14 lbs, a disproportionately large amount after the switch. I have since lost 4 of those pounds. I trained with heavy weight for 5 reps, 5 sets, for compound lifts (squats, deads, bench, rows, military press) and ate like I've never eaten before. Working weight for squat (5 reps) went up 40 lbs, bench went up 30 lbs, etc.

For PCT I used AMS Arom-X, and iForce Tropinol and Testabolan (which I just had lying around). I'm not sure how normal this is since these are mild compounds, but I felt the effects of the "post cycle crash" for literally two days. After that, I felt normal, absolutely fine. Libido was fine on day three, energy was fine, etc. The weight loss occured the first few days of PCT and then halted, so I think I got 10 lbs out of this. Overall, this was a lot of fun. I experienced absolutely no side effects, and PCT is a complete cakewalk. I am still eating and training like I was, but with slightly less intensity and volume.

Since this experience was fully positive in every imaginable way, I want to plan my next cycle, which I will probably do about 5 weeks after I finish PCT.

My immediate idea was a four week cycle of:
Super Mandro; dose doubled
Andro the Giant

Followed by a PCT of
Post Cycle 3x
Ostarine
My understanding is that most of the gains come from Super Mandro and that Andro the Giant is largely there to prevent lethargy and other effects of low testosterone, so I thought that leaving the dose of Andro the Giant alone, but increasing that of Super Mandro, would be reasonable for a shorter cycle.

What I've read about Ostarine is that it does not cause shutdown, and is helpful for holding on to muscle mass, that's why I thought it would be a good addition to PCT.

Thoughts?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ostarine is suppressive you should also have a serm for pct

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Under no circumstances will I use a SERM.
Why you like having your natural testosterone production stay shut down longer than necessary?

Ostarine has been shown in studies to cause shutdown as low as 3mg if I remember correctly

zman86

zman86

Awards
  • Established
You gained 10lbs using dhea products... Hmmm interesting

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Ostarine is suppressive you should also have a serm for pct
Lol he doesn't need a serm for a cycle so mild. Seriously man this has been touched on in so many threads it's unbelieveable

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol he doesn't need a serm for a cycle so mild. Seriously man this has been touched on in so many threads it's unbelieveable
Well I'm not a dr and I haven't seen any of his bloodwork to know how he recovers. I mean you don't need tudca either doesn't mean you shouldn't use it if you can

zman86

zman86

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm not a dr and I haven't seen any of his bloodwork to know how he recovers. I mean you don't need tudca either doesn't mean you shouldn't use it if you can
Yeah def shouldn't use ostarine for pct. But the shutdown effect is generally low from what I read if he keep the dose low, one can probably get away with OTC PCT for Osta.

I'm on 9mg LGD and I don't feel shutdown at all. My libido is down yes but I can still get rock hard. And LGD is considered way more suppressive than Osta.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can understand a reluctance to use a SERM especially shady research chems. You should look into BLR Rebirth. It is a natural substance with SERM-like properties. It can and will help you recover, keep more gains, and is 100% legal. It's what many of us are using with success as an alternative to SERM's. Let me know if you want some links to read up on it.

T

Therealmr

Awards
Thanks for the info about Ostarine. So I will cut that out of PCT. No matter how mild suppression is, I won't take that risk during PCT. What are the opinions on its use for bridging?

Why you like having your natural testosterone production stay shut down longer than necessary?
I know I'm new to this, and I am admittedly still learning, but I am a skeptic, and this forum seems to throw SERM recommendations around so lightheartedly, as if SERMs aren't serious drugs in their own right. Sometimes I feel like I can't drink a cup of coffee without someone here telling me I need a SERM.

I'm on 9mg LGD and I don't feel shutdown at all. My libido is down yes but I can still get rock hard. And LGD is considered way more suppressive than Osta.
I've been considering LGD as an alternative to the whole cycle I've outlined. Do you think the effects would be comparable? If so, I would lean towards LGD, since it seems to be a simpler, safer, cheaper route.

I can understand a reluctance to use a SERM especially shady research chems. You should look into BLR Rebirth. It is a natural substance with SERM-like properties. It can and will help you recover, keep more gains, and is 100% legal. It's what many of us are using with success as an alternative to SERM's. Let me know if you want some links to read up on it.
Very interesting, I will look into it and appreciate any other info you have on this.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A sarm like lgd might be your best bet especially considering your reluctance to use a serm. Sarms are much easier to recover from than ph/ds

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes serms are serious drugs but one thing to consider is they have been and are still used in the medical community and their effects have been widely studied on humans sure ph's and sarms may have some studies but nowhere near the extent of serms

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
12 years ago i was just like u . Then my testes disappeared. So i sought the advice of an experienced lifter . Whom i still train with . He suggested Clomid within 5 days things started to get better . OP , i wish you the best of luck in your journey .what ever you may choose ....

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Yeah run LGD , the lack of effects on LH and FSH will allow you to recover much faster then if you ran a pro hormone . Aswell the length of sarm cycles will help you solidify gains . I'm up 12lbs from my 8 week LGD run which ends next Tuesday . Great compound, look into OL UK LeGenD

T

Therealmr

Awards
I don't think you read my comment correctly. LGD is suppose to be more suppressive than Osta. You may need a serm for LGD...
I read your comment correctly, surely LGD is not more suppressive than the cycle I've outlined in full? I was under the impression that LGD, or any Sarm, was not as suppressive as pro-hormones.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I read your comment correctly, surely LGD is not more suppressive than the cycle I've outlined in full? I was under the impression that LGD, or any Sarm, was not as suppressive as pro-hormones.
Is LGD as suppressive as OSTARINE?

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
This is literally the only reason why I mentioned not using a shady RC. With rebirth, viron and the right combo of ingredients he will recover fine

B Man

B Man

Awards
  • Established
OP, about to come off a 8 week cycle of Osta at 25mgs stacked with 7 weeks of Androvar. I'll be using BLR's Rebirth & Letrone in my PCT. If I have the same results as others that logged it I will be happy with my decision.