Anabolics and CYP3A4 inhibitors

AnthroLats

Awards
There were some studies done a while ago (Look up "dianabol grapefruit") which showed CYP3A4 inhibitors like grapefruit, bergamottin, piperine and the sort causing an increased metabolism of some compounds due to their ability to block that enzyme.

Does anybody have any experience with any of this sort of thing? There isn't much out there, and I don't imagine the effects are wildly dramatic but I thought maybe some AM scientists could weigh in.

Theoretically by blocking this enzyme, while it would improve the absorption, it would also increase the liver stress wouldn't it? As I understand it, these enzymes are there as a means to protect us from these evil substances we use.

Is there any quantitative effect of doing this sort of thing to get the most out of a given anabolic?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Tagamet is the mother of all CYP Inhibitors. Hard Rock Supps adds 6,7 DHB to all their PH's. There are the stand alone products 'Augmentor' by AMS and 'Trisorbagen' by another company. Some of the raised Liver values in the West Texas A&M 1-Andro Study, were due to the 6,7 DHB that Finiflex used, so yes, there will be more liver stress. But the liver is tough, just working out raises liver enzymes, and I feel an OTC liver care product could offset any CYP Inhibitor stress. They are nothing like Methylated compunds, so I don't think TUDCA is necessary. I'm currently taking 'Augmentor' on an 8 week cycle.