Votes: 33 73.3%
  • IM

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
It's possible to take hCG either IM or sub-q. I'm wondering how popular each method is.

Also, for those who do Swale's protocol (hCG throughout cycle) and shoot IM, do you load it in the same pin as your AAS?

-kwantam

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
yes either IM or sub q is fine and you can also mix it with your AAS.

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Right; I was just trying to get an idea of how many people prefer each one...

I suppose w/Swale, it's only logical to go IM w/the AAS, so I suspect IM will win (if anyone actually votes...)

-kwantam

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
voted for sub-q. it's easy enough and relatively painless with a 30G. i load up all my pins for 60 days at a time and go from there.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I do mine IM with a 29g 1/2 pin, so I dont know how far that is IM with a 1/2in needle lol, sometimes they are probably actually more subq because I will hit some scar tissue in there and just not put it in all the way since it can be injected either subq or IM. Never have tried subq in my abdomen like diabetics do.

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
I load a slin pin and shoot it wherever i feel like at the time

usually my stomach for the sub-q

it feels like nothing

regards,
COTC

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
I figured instead of starting a new thread, I'd just dump this in here. I ran across this on pubmed. The interesting part is the Test level vs. hCG dose result. In particular, follow the link, grab the PDF, and look at figure 2: even with exogenous testosterone supplied, plasma testosterone was elevated in the presence of hCG.

Might this suggest that taking hCG throughout the cycle could improve results?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/utils/lofref.fcgi?PrId=3051&uid=15713727&db=pubmed&url=http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/pmidlookup?view=rapidpdf&pmid=15713727

LOW DOSE HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN MAINTAINS INTRATESTICULAR TESTOSTERONE IN NORMAL MEN WITH TESTOSTERONE INDUCED GONADOTROPIN SUPPRESSION.

Coviello AD, Matsumoto AM, Bremner WJ, Herbst KL, Amory JK, Anawalt BD, Sutton PR, Wright WW, Brown TR, Yan X, Zirkin BR, Jarow JP.

Center for Research in Reproduction and Contraception, Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Veteran Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System (AMM), and Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine (ADC, WJB, JKA, BDA, PLS), Seattle, WA; Department of Medicine, Charles R. Drew University (KLH), Los Angeles, CA; Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (XY, JPJ), Baltimore, MD; Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health (WWW, TRB, XY, BRZ, JPJ), Baltimore, MD.

In previous studies of testicular biopsy tissue from healthy men, intratesticular testosterone (ITT) has been shown to be much higher than serum testosterone (T), suggesting that high ITT is needed relative to serum T for normal spermatogenesis in men. However, the quantitative relationship between ITT and spermatogenesis is not known. To begin to address this issue experimentally we sought to determine the dose response relationship between human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and ITT to determine the minimum dose needed to maintain ITT in the normal range. Twenty-nine men with normal reproductive physiology were randomized to receive 200 mg T enanthate (TE) weekly in combination with either saline placebo or hCG 125 IU, 250 IU, or 500 IU every other day for 3 weeks. ITT was assessed in testicular fluid obtained by percutaneous fine needle aspiration at baseline and the end of treatment. Baseline serum T (14.1 nmol/L) was 1.2% of ITT (1174 nmol/L). LH and FSH were profoundly suppressed to 5% and 3% of baseline respectively, and ITT was suppressed by 94% (1234 nmol/L to 72 nmol/L) in the TE/placebo group. ITT increased linearly with increasing hCG dose (P < 0.001). Post-treatment ITT was 25% less than baseline in the 125 IU hCG group, 7% less than baseline in the 250 IU hCG group, and 26% greater than baseline in the 500 IU hCG group. These results demonstrate that relatively low dose hCG maintains ITT within the normal range in healthy men with gonadotropin suppression. Extensions of this study will allow determination of the ITT concentration threshold required to maintain spermatogenesis in man.

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Jesus, they gave this guy 10000iu of hCG 2x/wk for 3 months!

At what dose is it supposed to be toxic to the Leydig cells again?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12801577

Successful treatment of anabolic steroid-induced azoospermia with human chorionic gonadotropin and human menopausal gonadotropin.

Menon DK.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To document for the first time the successful treatment using human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and human menopausal gonadotropins (hMG) of anabolic steroid-induced azoospermia that was persistent despite 1 year of cessation from steroid use. DESIGN: Clinical case report. SETTINGS: Tertiary referral center for infertility. PATIENT(S): A married couple with primary subfertility secondary to azoospermia and male hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. The husband was a bodybuilder who admitted to have used the anabolic steroids testosterone cypionate, methandrostenolone, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, oxymetholone, nandrolone decanoate, and methenolone enanthate. INTERVENTION(S): Twice-weekly injections of 10,000 IU of hCG (Profasi; Serono) and daily injections of 75 IU of hMG (Humegon; Organon) for 3 months. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): Semen analyses, pregnancy. RESULT(S): Semen analyses returned to normal after 3 months of treatment. The couple conceived spontaneously 7 months later. CONCLUSION(S): Steroid-induced azoospermia that is persistent after cessation of steroid use can be treated successfully with hCG and hMG.

dtr98

Awards
you can do it either way, i go with sub-q myself

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
So I gather as long as it gets below/absorbed beneath the skin layer thats all that u need to worry about?I have very little bodyfat so a half inch 29g slin pin in the glute would be just the ticket then for my animals research?
And on a side note...GOOD LORD..why would they give that guy 10k iu of hcg twice a week?!Wonder what effect it had on the leydig cells,and why the excessive dose!

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
So I gather as long as it gets below/absorbed beneath the skin layer thats all that u need to worry about?I have very little bodyfat so a half inch 29g slin pin in the glute would be just the ticket then for my animals research?
That'll work fine. Just don't do it IV.

As mentioned above, you can also just pin it IM with the rest of your AAS. I'm an IM guy myself.

-kwantam

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
sub-q because Beelze said so :)

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
In regards to mixing it with my AAS.. What about the oil solution and the bacteriostatic water mix? I could have swore I saw something negative about this on another post somewhere.

dtr98

Awards
i was told not to mix cuz oil and water, was also told it's ok as long as you don't shake it??

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
it will be fine

scarfacebling

Awards
for those that mix with there aas how do u measure out say 250 IU on a syringe with ML's on it also do you have to use the solvent that comes with it? should the solvent and the HCG just be put into a sterile vial together?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about combining HCG and B-12 in the same syringe?

turkish

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody have any references (i.e. spotinjections.com) on how to properly inject subq?