YK11

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Up until recently the only supp company selling YK11 was Centurion Labz, and it was very expensive.

I see now that Xcel Sports Nutrition has released a new product, 90ct bottle, 3mg yk11, 7mg mk677, 7mg ostar per cap, 70$.

Anyone keen? :D

Hastur

Awards
I saw that they were going to release their YK-11 product according to some Facebook post they had a couple weeks back that came up in a Google search. I still have my doubts that legit YK-11 is available at this moment in time. Perhaps it is, but I had never heard of Centurion Labz and I was quick to dismiss their product as legit, and with Xcel if they do indeed have YK-11 why pair it with two other compounds? People would pay good money to purchase it standalone. Unless of course it's either not really YK-11, or it is and has no effect and has to be paired with other compounds to cover this fact. Seems strange to me.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah, the blend is quite strange and suspicious given the circumstances. On the other hand, considering Xcel's product history, its not that surprising.

If I had more extensive experience with the other two compounds I mightve been tempted, but running an unknown like this plus at the dose youd really want with the other ingredients (ie 3 cap /d) Im reluctant.

Olympus UK

Olympus UK

Awards
I saw that they were going to release their YK-11 product according to some Facebook post they had a couple weeks back that came up in a Google search. I still have my doubts that legit YK-11 is available at this moment in time. Perhaps it is, but I had never heard of Centurion Labz and I was quick to dismiss their product as legit, and with Xcel if they do indeed have YK-11 why pair it with two other compounds? People would pay good money to purchase it standalone. Unless of course it's either not really YK-11, or it is and has no effect and has to be paired with other compounds to cover this fact. Seems strange to me.
You are completely right. YK-11 is difficult to make. If demand picks up we'll try to bring it to the market. But again there needs to be demand or with the current dosing needed, I doubt anyone is ordering over 50g of the ingredient at a time, but the sadder thing is they are most probably just blindly releasing something called "YK-11" without testing it.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Someone told me that the Japanese researcher responsible for YK11 has put forward his idea for a human dose; can this be confirmed?

Hastur

Awards
You are completely right. YK-11 is difficult to make. If demand picks up we'll try to bring it to the market. But again there needs to be demand or with the current dosing needed, I doubt anyone is ordering over 50g of the ingredient at a time, but the sadder thing is they are most probably just blindly releasing something called "YK-11" without testing it.
That's why I'll be avoiding any YK-11 products until a company I trust brings it to market. If Olympus UK does, you better believe I'll be one of the first in line to grab a bottle! Already anxiously awaiting my shipment of Radar1ne!

Someone told me that the Japanese researcher responsible for YK11 has put forward his idea for a human dose; can this be confirmed?
This is news to me, I search for new info about YK-11 every now and then out of pure interest, and haven't come across such information. Doesn't mean it isn't out there though. Do you mind sharing your source? And whoever told you that would be better putting forth proof to back up their claims than us. If they can't cite their source, I wouldn't believe it.

CJNator

Awards
Used there LGD epicatchen product, I did gain 8lbs in 2 months but at the dosage I dosed it it should have been way more. I do not believe there was any LGD in it.

Edit: I just copy and pasted what I just said on another thread. I can't speak for every product but this was my experience from it and I bought 3 bottles.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
This is news to me, I search for new info about YK-11 every now and then out of pure interest, and haven't come across such information. Doesn't mean it isn't out there though. Do you mind sharing your source? And whoever told you that would be better putting forth proof to back up their claims than us. If they can't cite their source, I wouldn't believe it.
I suspect they were merely repeating hearsay, most likely from one of the YK11 threads on reddit. I just put the question out there in the off-chance someone actually did have legit information from the researcher(s) regarding dose. All Ive been able to find is questionable info passed off as authoritative, originating from an RC site.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
seems even less info on this than rad140. Interested though.

CJNator

Awards
From what I read and what I was told, its basically a myostaitin inhibitor.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for info

Hastur

Awards
I suspect they were merely repeating hearsay, most likely from one of the YK11 threads on reddit. I just put the question out there in the off-chance someone actually did have legit information from the researcher(s) regarding dose. All Ive been able to find is questionable info passed off as authoritative, originating from an RC site.
Well the only information available at the moment is a study done on muscle cells, not in humans or animals. So some undisclosed researcher involved with the company responsible for developing this obscure compound putting out a human dosage based off a study in muscle cells seems highly unlikely. Highly. Which is why I find it extremely hard to believe that this compound is already on shelves, capped and ready for human consumption.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well the only information available at the moment is a study done on muscle cells, not in humans or animals. So some undisclosed researcher involved with the company responsible for developing this obscure compound putting out a human dosage based off a study in muscle cells seems highly unlikely. Highly. Which is why I find it extremely hard to believe that this compound is already on shelves, capped and ready for human consumption.
Its out there for sale already

Hastur

Awards
You're saying the actual compound YK-11 is on the market? I'm well aware that Xcel and Centurion Labz are CLAIMING that their products have actual YK-11 in them. My point was in my previous post that I find it hard to believe this compound is out there for sale and actually IS what they say it is.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah I believe a few RC sites have it (liquid form), but it is only recently it has been produced by supp companies (two afaik) as cap.

Assuming, of course, any of this YK-11 is legit.

Patrick Arnold was shown the chemical formula (at his forum) and he believes based on this that YK-11 would be difficult and expensive to manufacture, and in the quantities most supp companies would require, cost prohibitive.

Im paraphrasing, but his thoughts are publically available.

Hastur

Awards
I came across that info as well, he said verbatim "yeah i looked up the synthesis and this is not something any of the prohormone labs is gonna attempt" and "this one maybe isnt too too tough but probably requires chromatography which makes production of more than a few grams impractical", now that doesn't mean it isn't possible... But I still have my doubts.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
now that doesn't mean it isn't possible... But I still have my doubts.
Essentially thats it, right? I mean, as a consumer it is one thing to have legitimate YK-11 and be anxious about appropriate dose and possible 'unforseen' sides...quite another to be anxious about those things PLUS the additional concern of bogus product thats potentially gonna do what, exactly?

Maybe Centurion can produce some appropriate lab tests? If memory serves the company is owned by a couple of 'chemists' as it is...

Hastur

Awards
If Xcel of Centurion can prove that what they are selling is in fact YK-11, I would be impressed. My gut feeling is that its likely LGD or something that can produce some sort of effect, and they are just cashing in on being the only retailers of this relatively obscure SARM. As far as I can tell there are only two studies that have been done on this compound, one in 2011, one in 2013. And neither were done in animals or humans. Also, just throwing this thought out there... If it was already available in capped form through supplement companies, wouldn't we have seen quite a few Research Chem sites offering this earlier on? I mean, look at how widespread S-4, Ostarine, LGD, GW, MK-677 was in liquid form via RC sites before companies started capping them and selling them...

NewAgeMayan

Awards
If it was already available in capped form through supplement companies, wouldn't we have seen quite a few Research Chem sites offering this earlier on? I mean, look at how widespread S-4, Ostarine, LGD, GW, MK-677 was in liquid form via RC sites before companies started capping them and selling them...
I agree with your logic, IF the chronology is correct.

Ive assumed, perhaps wrongly, that a few RC companies have had YK11 that predates any supp company's offering. Mind you, we are only talking a couple of years at most since the latest study was done.

You seem to have been following this alot more closely than I, so I will defer to your historical knowledge in this case.

Hastur

Awards
I have been searching fairly regularly since the Ergo-Log article caught my eye, which is why the leap seems rather unforeseen. Obviously the way previous SARMS came to market doesn't dictate whether or not these products contain what they claim. But look to a year or two ago how LGD came to market, and it went from a small number of RC companies, to countless RC companies, and lastly capped and readily available via supplement companies. These RC companies would no doubt have snatched up YK-11 and brought it to market before two supplement companies did if they could have. And yes, there are a few RC companies out there claiming to sell YK-11 as well, but it's still very very obscure retailers claiming this. Personally I've been burned on Grey Market transactions in the past, and would love if there were companies out there I could trust making things available to the public. That's why I waited for a company like Olympus to release RAD-140 mainstream before buying it instead of going with an RC company. I don't want to get burned again.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
If YK-11 is as impractical to manufacture as PA assumes it to be, then perhaps a reason we havent seen more widespread supply is due to companies not wishing to take a gamble on an experimental compound that lacks confidence-giving in-vivo data.

Seems to be something of a catch-22 here between manufacturers and consumers.

Hastur

Awards
Excellent point. Are there any reps for Xcel or Centurion Labz on this board that might come forward and post lab tests verifying their products contents?

Hastur

Awards
That's what I assumed... I'm thinking that isn't going to happen.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could be remembering wrong but didn't PA say that the presumption that YK11 is a sarm is wrong and it is built on the standard steroidal structure

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I think he said that it is false to assume that, if YK11 is classified as a SARM and did not have a steroid structure then it would be less suppressive than one that does.

"In reality it doesnt matter what classification the structure fits into, what matters is how it binds to AR and other factors in the body."

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think he said that it is false to assume that, if YK11 is classified as a SARM and did not have a steroid structure then it would be less suppressive than one that does.

"In reality it doesnt matter what classification the structure fits into, what matters is how it binds to AR and other factors in the body."
I see

mcwilton1123

Awards
I bought it on a whim. Too early to tell at this point. I'll let you know in another few weeks what happens.

So far the only side is darker urine, which leads me to believe its somewhat toxic.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Good to hear feedback bro but maybe edit out your source

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chemtek labs makes one as well, I bought it on a whim. Too early to tell at this point. I'll let you know in another few weeks what happens.

So far the only side is darker urine, which leads me to believe its somewhat toxic.
I would edit source out. Also the darker urine could be a good or bad sign. As thats common with most 17a steroids. At the same time YK11 is a methyl ester. The methyl ester as well as the rest of the structure MAY make it as toxic as a standard 17a steroid. But I'm no chemist so idk maybe some with more knowledge could chime in.

Hastur

Awards
I could be remembering wrong but didn't PA say that the presumption that YK11 is a sarm is wrong and it is built on the standard steroidal structure
I feel like I came across this information as well, though I don't believe it was PA who had made this statement. Maybe I'll run across it again in future searches.

This is true, and important to remember. I've even seen Tren referred to as "SARM-like".

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Apr;300(4):E650-60. Epub 2011 Jan 25.
17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone) exhibits tissue selective anabolic activity: effects on muscle, bone, adiposity, hemoglobin, and prostate.

I bought it on a whim. Too early to tell at this point. I'll let you know in another few weeks what happens.

I hope what you got is the real deal, but I'd take a guess that it likely isn't. Hopefully whatever the compound is you experience no ill side effects. Maybe increase your water intake a bit more to see if it lightens your urine.

I would edit source out. Also the darker urine could be a good or bad sign. As thats common with most 17a steroids. At the same time YK11 is a methyl ester. The methyl ester as well as the rest of the structure MAY make it as toxic as a standard 17a steroid. But I'm no chemist so idk maybe some with more knowledge could chime in.
We really aren't at a point where we can put forth any theories as to it's toxicity. We'd need data that goes beyond simple muscle cell studies.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
The YK11 thread at PHF does have mention of the compounds 'steroidal structure', not by PA though. Part of the quote:

"It is a new compound built on the classic steroid core. (they call it a SARM but it is basically a steroid with additional attachments at c17)"

Ring any bells?

Hastur

Awards
That is likely what I'm thinking of. And really, the structure of the compound doesn't mean much, it either does or doesn't elicit the effects we are looking for. But since we have such little data pertaining to the compound, we're left splitting hairs regarding it's structure! Usually people are arguing over whether a compound will translate from the results in mice to humans. We're saying "Well it looks promising in a petri dish when muscle cells are exposed to it". Which once again makes it seem unlikely that the compound is available on the market currently.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I think I can see both sides to the academic argument. On one hand there may be chemistry-minded folk who will make tentative extrapolations based on the compounds structure and affinity (excuse the pun) with similiar compounds; on the other, once YK11 is ingested by a human 'all bets are off', to a certain extent. As you indicated, the compound may end up doing a whole lot of nothing (or, not what we wished of it).

Hastur

Awards
You nailed it. And as much as I wish there was more information out there pertaining to YK-11, there simply isn't. However if any chemistry-minded individuals would like to put forward any thoughts regarding the compound, I would very much enjoy reading them. Also, just because I feel it needs to be said, I would seriously question any YK-11 logs that may pop up in the near future. If people experience any effects at all, I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to the products containing some other sort of anabolic compound. As I stated earlier, I could see companies capping LGD and selling it as YK-11 just to cash in on the name while still eliciting some sort of desired or expected result. I have no proof of this, and I am not bashing any companies currently selling YK-11, but the burden of proof is on them to show they do indeed have what they claim to have in their products.

mcwilton1123

Awards
Who knows what it is. The only thing I've noticed is increased pump and increased vascularity. It has been a little over a week. Ill keep posting back and let you guys know what's going on.

I'm experienced enough to know what the darker urine means, and I've been drinking a ****ton of water.

Hastur

Awards
Who knows what it is. The only thing I've noticed is increased pump and increased vascularity. It has been a little over a week. Ill keep posting back and let you guys know what's going on.

I'm experienced enough to know what the darker urine means, and I've been drinking a ****ton of water.
Well I am definitely interested in hearing your results. And no offense intended with my recommendation for drinking more water, I'm not questioning your level of experience, it was simply a statement made out of concern for your health.

mcwilton1123

Awards
haha, sorry man, i didn't mean to come off like that. It wasn't meant to be a retort.

Hastur

Awards
No problem at all! I just want to keep this a positive place for discussion, and you can't do that if you step on someones toes! Haha. By all means, please feel free to report back here with any and all results you have, so far you're the only person talking about actually taking such a product.

Comeuppance

Awards
Bit of a thread necro, here. I've been taking the XCEL YK-11 paired with LGD Elite for eight days now, and have noticed reasonably solid and consistent gains. The most interesting result is that I have extremely striated muscular development - distinct "cables" of muscle under my relatively low-bodyfat skin.

I can't attest to whether it's legit YK-11 or not, but, having taken MK-677, Ostarine, and LGD-4033 previously, I'm seeing results notably faster than I was previously and with zero water retention or other sides.

I'll probably run out this bottle and get the TLR YK-11, as they seem to be much more respectable and worthy of trust than XCEL. I've looked at a few other XCEL products and they seemed almost irresponsibly dosed (although I can't remember which off hand and I'm not going to spend fifteen minutes compiling a list using google.) TLR is charging really quite a bit for 500mg ($140 for a little bit of powder the size of just one of my choline tablets) but that equates to roughly 50 days worth at 10mg/day. I'd just have to get a scale to measure it out, and might even go as far as to cap my own for the sake of convenience.

Honestly, though, I think I'll wait until it's more widely available and better researched. Being an early adopter of this kind of thing is incredibly risky and insanely expensive. That bottle of XCEL YK-11 almost feels like wasted money given that I really don't think I can trust the label claims, but I am seeing results good enough to justify continuation. It could just be the LGD + Osta + MK, though...!

Time will tell about YK-11. People have to have it available for sale first, though.

Comeuppance

Awards
Also, aye, I realize that eight days isn't much to go by, but the effect of YK-11 that I was most intrigued by was not the SARM aspect, but that it is simultaneously a myostatin inhibitor. Myostatin inhibition isn't something that "builds up", so the effects should be pretty much immediate (but not necessarily immediately noticeable)

I have yet to turn into the muscle cow that is sometimes shown during discussions of myostatin inhibition. I will say that my appetite is increased and, despite eating LOADS of carbs and fats throughout the day (Estimated about 300-400g of protein a day, about 200g-225g of complex carbs - excluding fiber and sugars, and about 125g-175g fat) I have been losing body fat.

Of course, I am also occasionally taking Clenbuterol (not very often, and at 100mcg / dose, because that stuff is TERRIFYING), but, even with that, I'm not running a deficit by any means and have been putting on muscle very steadily. Even moreso than when I was running DMZ 3.0 + 4.0. In the last week, I have woken up three times so hungry that I have made a 3 A.M. protein shake just so I could get back to sleep... And I always have a casein shake with about 50g protein and a tablespoon of waxy maize about two hours before bed.

builtness

Awards
Interested in the YK-11, I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Hastur

Awards
Also, aye, I realize that eight days isn't much to go by, but the effect of YK-11 that I was most intrigued by was not the SARM aspect, but that it is simultaneously a myostatin inhibitor. Myostatin inhibition isn't something that "builds up", so the effects should be pretty much immediate (but not necessarily immediately noticeable)

I have yet to turn into the muscle cow that is sometimes shown during discussions of myostatin inhibition. I will say that my appetite is increased and, despite eating LOADS of carbs and fats throughout the day (Estimated about 300-400g of protein a day, about 200g-225g of complex carbs - excluding fiber and sugars, and about 125g-175g fat) I have been losing body fat.

Of course, I am also occasionally taking Clenbuterol (not very often, and at 100mcg / dose, because that stuff is TERRIFYING), but, even with that, I'm not running a deficit by any means and have been putting on muscle very steadily. Even moreso than when I was running DMZ 3.0 + 4.0. In the last week, I have woken up three times so hungry that I have made a 3 A.M. protein shake just so I could get back to sleep... And I always have a casein shake with about 50g protein and a tablespoon of waxy maize about two hours before bed.
I find your feedback interesting, though I would not be surprised if a PH or DS was in those caps and not in fact YK-11. There has not been a rush to market with YK-11 clones, so that alone still makes it seem suspicious that its being released but only by a few RC sources and one or two lesser known supplement companies.

Comeuppance

Awards
I find your feedback interesting, though I would not be surprised if a PH or DS was in those caps and not in fact YK-11. There has not been a rush to market with YK-11 clones, so that alone still makes it seem suspicious that its being released but only by a few RC sources and one or two lesser known supplement companies.
I'm pretty skeptical myself, but the results have been good and pretty consistent. All the same, given the uncertainty, I'll probably just spring for TLR's YK-11 - or, even more likely, just wait until someone who does third party testing (Ceretropics, Olympus UK) to release a product.

There's such a dearth of information out there... I'm actually pretty surprised this hasn't been fast-tracked by some company, given the potential implications. True myostatin inhibition would be incredible, but perhaps not so welcomed by those who pride themselves on the work they've put into their gains. Still, there's a BIG market for what would essentially be muscle pills.

I've read that synthesis is problematic and very involved, and requires equipment beyond what most UGL and even many legit labs have kicking around. Additionally, I've read that there are great limitations in the quantities that can be reasonably produced. Still, I imagine the equipment would pay for itself almost immediately if any kind of reasonable production volume could be established.

I mean, look at me, saying things like "I'll just wait" "being an early adopter is dangerous and expensive" "there's no information out there" and I STILL am very tempted to go and buy some...

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established

if it isnt legit it sounds like maybe they loaded it up with a bunch of mk677 and lgd together based off the muscle gains and hunger cravings...just my 2 cents lol

Comeuppance

Awards
On further research, the RC company I was looking at buying YK-11 from (Truelife research) has an incredibly sketchy background and has had many of their products tested by 3rd parties and found that they were 98% filler (taurine, maca, etc). I don't think I'll be throwing any of my money their way, but it's disappointing to find that I basically have no respectable and trustable sources for YK11, even if I were to want to buy it at this stage.

There's seemingly nothing of verifiable quality out there which means nobody can give valid feedback. Frustrating.

The XCEL YK-11 has MK-677 and Osta in it, and the MK-677 will increase appetite on its own. Then again, I don't know why I'm assuming they were entirely honest about the MK-677 and Osta when I highly doubt that they put YK-11 in it.

Impulsive purchases, man. I gotta watch myself.