Question regarding first cycle

Stag

Awards
Hi guys - new here even though I have been lurking around for a while,

I'm looking to start my first cycle soon. I'm not sure what I should start off with, so looking for suggestions.
My main goal is to gain muscle mass through this cycle (money's not the issue but I'm looking for something effective)
Been lifting for 5 yrs
I've been seriously lifting since at least the past 3 years - keeping good track of diet (macros etc)

If you could recommend the PCT that will be great too!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6ft 167lbs. What are your macros. What about bf%

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yikes, with those stats you need food, not steroids.

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
I'm 6'4" and 6 months ago I was at your current weight. Always been skinny. But I started counting calories and had a daily goal of 3500-4000, that together with working out put me at 195 lbs today. Lots of food, good fats and protein, and also creatine (3-5g/day).
I would suggest you first give it another 6 months of working out hard and eating lot (1000 cal above your BMR).
Later on maybe you can start light with Ostarine or maybe Epistane or Halo.

Stag

Awards
I'm 6'4" and 6 months ago I was at your current weight. Always been skinny. But I started counting calories and had a daily goal of 3500-4000, that together with working out put me at 195 lbs today. Lots of food, good fats and protein, and also creatine (3-5g/day).
I would suggest you first give it another 6 months of working out hard and eating lot (1000 cal above your BMR).
Later on maybe you can start light with Ostarine or maybe Epistane or Halo.
Yikes, with those stats you need food, not steroids.
6ft 167lbs. What are your macros. What about bf%
Thanks for the responses! I know they are there keeping my best interest in mind. Here's a little more about my situation..

I know that but I'm at 7-9% body fat right now, I have a 3500-4000 calorie diet - I'm not that big but not a beginner either
It's not like I'm not keeping a good diet, I train MMA (not professionally) but it's something I love doing and spend about 3 hrs practicing everyday
At this point I'm frustrated and want to go on a cycle to see some gains, then probably train natural for another year once I've made some progress

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the responses! I know they are there keeping my best interest in mind. Here's a little more about my situation..

I know that but I'm at 7-9% body fat right now, I have a 3500-4000 calorie diet - I'm not that big but not a beginner either
It's not like I'm not keeping a good diet, I train MMA (not professionally) but it's something I love doing and spend about 3 hrs practicing everyday
At this point I'm frustrated and want to go on a cycle to see some gains, then probably train natural for another year once I've made some progress
Even on cycle you won't see gains take it from an ex pro mma. Your burning a good 2500cal a day. You'd need to eat like 5k cal a day just to hit maintenance

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
Stag: I agree with mixedup, either you have to eat even more, or cut down on your mma training, to maybe 2-3 times a week. I've trained muay thai for a short while and I think it's one of the best training forms to burn calories and get a really hard and strong body. But you wont put on size if you train 3hrs/day and eat 3500-4000 cal because you be burning them calories fast during mma.

You could try to eat 1-2 of this calorie dense "smoothie" I use to make :)

80 gram oatmeal (242 cal)
90 gram maltodextrin (342 cal)
37 gram whey protein (146 cal)
1 banana (105 cal)
2 tblsp (15ml) olive oil (239 cal)

Total 1074 cal

I usually find it easier to drink my food in between meals. It's an easy way of getting calories down and also some other healty stuff like good fats. You could throw in whatever you like, walnuts, goji berries, fruit, cinnamon, maca, vegetables.... Mix it up!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stag: I agree with mixedup, either you have to eat even more, or cut down on your mma training, to maybe 2-3 times a week. I've trained muay thai for a short while and I think it's one of the best training forms to burn calories and get a really hard and strong body. But you wont put on size if you train 3hrs/day and eat 3500-4000 cal because you be burning them calories fast during mma.

You could try to eat 1-2 of this calorie dense "smoothie" I use to make :)

80 gram oatmeal (242 cal)
90 gram maltodextrin (342 cal)
37 gram whey protein (146 cal)
1 banana (105 cal)
2 tblsp (15ml) olive oil (239 cal)

Total 1074 cal

I usually find it easier to drink my food in between meals. It's an easy way of getting calories down and also some other healty stuff like good fats. You could throw in whatever you like, walnuts, goji berries, fruit, cinnamon, maca, vegetables.... Mix it up!
Good advice here^^
I need a lot of calories to bulk as well, high calorie shakes and lots of milk is the only way I can meet my goals. Peanut butter is another good bulking tool. At this point a cycle won't really help and will just further frustrate you. You need to be able to gain weight without steroids first or steroids are completely pointless

Stag

Awards
Thanks for all the suggestions, that really helps
Cutting down on training for some time, and increasing my calories will be my most-immediate short term goal.
What else do you suggest?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cutting down on training for some time, and increasing my calories will be my most-immediate short term goal.
Just focus on that for now and think about the next step after meeting these short term goals

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed with the others. Just focus on your food intake for now. If you don't get that lined up and learn how to gain and maintain that new weight naturally then re only thing a cycle will do is add temporary weight that you'll just lose in and after pct.