Hyperthyroid/Hypothyroidism

New_Jedi

New_Jedi

Awards
So, I've been debating this for about a year, but camep with the idea a cycle may help me. You see, A few years I was diagnosed with hyperthyqroidism, which explained a massive amount of muscle loss and a slew of other systems. I looked sick, but hadn't known why. I was in college, still am, but graduate school now. My doctor figured it out, and treated me for hypothyroidism. However, most often after treatment you end up with hypothyroidism. If you don't know what those are, I suggest you learn because cycling could actually mess you up in the same way, if your not careful.the endocrine is both vital and very influential to your body, it's ability to metabolize, etc.

Hypothyroidism, which is what I have now, is like hyperthyroidism, but rather than eating muscle, you gain fat. It slows everything down. The thyroid is your heater. That is exactly what happened to me. However, when I first learned I was sick, I started going to gym, eating well, and living much cleaner. The first six months was ok, I gained roughly 40 pounds, but maybe 20 of that was muscle. Not bad right, but most was muscle memory.

However, I soon got to a sticking point, and I've been unable to get past it for months on in. No amount of rest pause, drop sets, have done the job. I tried to strengthen my stabilizer muscles, anything I could try. Although my thyroid has been stablized, my TSH are within normal range, I still can't get rid of fat. And muscle creation is brutally slow.

I was tested for testosterone, and it came back in the low range 200+ once, and only as high as 400 once. I think that has something to do with it. Also, my metabolism has slowed.

Right now I can gain some muscle, but any real attempt leads to a lot of fat, which is seemingly impossible to get rid of, all around my belly too. So at around 2500 calories a day, I won't gain fat really, but muscle creation is tough too.

My body weight is 160 pounds. When attempting to cut, I cannot lose any fat without devastating all my muscle gains, and even then I soon hit a fat loss sticking point. I have to constantly keep lowering my overall macros, until I'm not eating more than 1200 a day, and even then fat loss may be mostly water. It goes up and down.

My diet is healthy.

So now that my TSH is in order, I'm about to soon start a cycle of test E. Any thoughts.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With your problems I wouldn't start test by yourself your test is low ask your dr about trt trying to compensate for medical issues in your own always leads to trouble

New_Jedi

New_Jedi

Awards
Sadly enough, doctors here in the U.S. Won't treat you unless you are under the low on the reference range for testosterone, which is 249-836 ng/dl. Some doctors have it higher, like 350, but still. You could have had a testosterone level of 250 (which is super low) and still be told by your normal. However, we all know low test has a huge impact on your fitness.

However, all of us are in danger of messing up our endocrine system. I'm not compensating, I am basically cycling, although I'm choosing to do so because I sit in a low range of test, very low.

I'm doing it for the same reasons many others do it, because they want something that their having issues achieving.

In my P.O.V, it's either try this, manage it correctly, through monitoring, blood test, PTC, A.I., serms. Or I am gonna struggle with weight, fat, Mucle, etc. frankly, that isn't an option.

However, my thinking is, once I can get in better shape, maybe it will be easier to stay there. If my doctor would have been more upfront about what hypothyroidism does to the metabolism and fat burning process, I'd of been much more careful about eating fo mass.