what size pin

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what size of pinz should I order for test E glute shots and test E quad shots...? I want the least amount of pain possible please

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
25G 1", unless you're horribly fat, then 1.5" for the glutes.

get some 20G to draw with, then switch to the 25G to shoot.

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is 25 relatively small...why cant you just draw with the 25...? most people I know have used 23 (slin pin I think it's refered too)...can you give me some more info please, thanks a bunch...

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Id recommend 23G 1" for everything. Anything over that guage wise will take you forever to draw into. You are dealing a thick oil. It's not that you can't draw with a 25 guage, it just takes quite a while not only to draw in, but more importantly to push out. There has been a trend lately, it seems, to go with 25G rather than the traditional 23s...for pain purposes I guess.... If you lubricate your needle well and switch tips after drawing (plus knowing how to inject), it'll be a cake walk.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
nah bro, slin pins are like 29G and 30G. the pins get smaller as the number gets bigger.

you can draw with a 25G but it would a huge pain in the ass and would take a while to draw.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
If you lubricate your needle well and switch tips after drawing (plus knowing how to inject), it'll be a cake walk.
JMO, but since you're switching tips anyway, it would be simpler and easier to draw with a 20G.

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay so draw with a 20G syringe then take off the back of a 25G and squirt the test into the 25G then go from there...sorry i'm new to injecting

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
no, draw with the 20, take the pin off the barrel, then pu ton the new pin and shot.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what he said. draw with 20, unscrew the 20, screw in a 25, aim, shoot.
That's by best way...

Just order:

1 box 3cc syringes complete with 20gx1.5" needles (For drawing)

and

1 box 25gx1" needle only (for shooting everywhere but Glutes)

and

1 box 22-23gx1.5" needle only (for shooting glutes)

and don't forget your alchohol swabs. :p

:D

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
The getpinz combos are a good deal. 3mL syringes w/pins, extra pins, and swabs; you pick the sizes.

-kwantam

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Don't forget the sharps container!

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
just out of curiousity, do you have to switch tips?

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
just out of curiousity, do you have to switch tips?
You definitely should.

- it's more sanitary to switch to a pristine needle before sticking yourself
- it's more convenient to use a larger needle to draw, but you probably don't want to be gouging your muscles with a 20g
- the needle will get slightly dull going through the stopper, which makes injection more painful

-kwantam

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i realize all this....what about drawing and pinning with the same 23g? Is this that bad of an idea? I know guys who do this all the time. Given, their not as intelligent with this stuff as you guys. I am assuming its more sanitary to switch tips given your using gloves to screw in the 23.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i realize all this....what about drawing and pinning with the same 23g? Is this that bad of an idea? I know guys who do this all the time. Given, their not as intelligent with this stuff as you guys. I am assuming its more sanitary to switch tips given your using gloves to screw in the 23.
Don't need gloves... and you could draw and shoot with the same 23g needle without to many worries as long as you swab the top of your vial first... however you dull the needle when you poke it into the vial.. so it's a bit more painful when it comes time to poke yourself.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
swab the top with what?.... rubbing alcohol? Do you swab just the outter metal rim or the whole thing (rubber center too)?

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
swab the top with what?.... rubbing alcohol? Do you swab just the outter metal rim or the whole thing (rubber center too)?
Swab the entire top surface of the vial with rubbing alcohol. You want to make sure you're not getting germs into the vial or the hypodermic.

-kwantam

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
kwantam---being a relatively new am member, you have been very helpful on this board, I am glad to have you here!

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
i realize all this....what about drawing and pinning with the same 23g? Is this that bad of an idea?
Out of curiousity (not trying at all to be a prick here bro :cheers: ), is there a particular reason you're trying to save yourself swapping the needle?

The cost of the extra pin is less than $0.12, so if you're pinning 2x/week that's the cost of four cans of soda over a 12-week cycle...

-kwantam

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
kwantam---being a relatively new am member, you have been very helpful on this board, I am glad to have you here!
Thanks for saying so... I do what I can :drunk:

-kwantam

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i was wondering, like in a worst case senerio....also, I know kids that don't swap and if it was THAT bad not too...I was gonna tell them

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When you crack the lid off the needle for the first time, it's as sterile as it's going to get... I Really don't see the point of swabbing the needle if your swabing the vial tops, and the injection site.

Last edited:

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
When you crack the lid of the needle for the first time, it's as sterile as it's going to get... I Really don't see the point of swabbing the needle if your swabing the vial tops, and the injection site.
Oh, yeah, definitely not! You should never touch the needle, period. They're disinfected via irradiation after the package is hermetically sealed, so they're as clean as it gets.

-kwantam

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what size pin for HCG...I think I read 29 or 30 but i'm just making sure...

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
what size pin for HCG...I think I read 29 or 30 but i'm just making sure...
If you're doing sub-q, a 5/8" 29g or 30g is quite painless, though you can certainly do subq with a bigger needle if you really want to.

For IM, you'll need a longer pin, but since hCG is water-based it can still be quite narrow (29g or 30g 1" into the delt, for example).

-kwantam

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
where is ideal for HCG shots...sub-q lower ab region is what I mostly hear about (correct me if i'm wrong)

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
thats fine, I've shot a lot of HCG in the lower abdomen but honestly you can go either way with HCG, IM or Sub-Q, but seeing in how your looking for pain free injects I would actually just slin pin it in different body parts that don't have as many nerve endings(thus less pain upon insertion)

regards,
COTC

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
could you give me some examples...I'll be doing test e in the glutes...